corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Norm, it will end up just being too wide.....
I do agree with you, but Ford will never do it.
Half an inch less stroke ought bring the deck height down by more than that much, and 3v heads or narrower-angle 4v heads need not be quite as massive.

The Mustang will never get it's own engine platform.
I don't see that being likely either. But if you turn out to be right and the Coyote is not in the long term plan, that only leaves V8 Mustangs with a derivative of some other V8 engine, heavily tweaked and optimized for car use rather than truck duty. The Mustang is too good at too much more than just the straight line stuff to take it back to 1968.

Norm

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Knock it off........Most Stangs at the strip now days are ls powered.
Just go to Yellow Bullet or Competition Plus for internet verification.
These are drag racing forums by the way.

Being a Ford guy......they take great pleasure proving this fact over and over and over and.....

So while at the strip.......be honest with yourself.
I said this a few pages back, but I'll say it again.

You're a joke on this forum.
You're a joke on yellow bullet even more.
You don't know the basic about any motorsports.
You don't even own a Mustang.
You don't know shit about manufacturing or marketing.
You don't know shit other than to spew useless, false information.
You couldn't find me any LS swapped S550s. 1 guy, which I found, on YouTube has done it, and not very successfully.
Lastly, just shut the fuck up already. You literally sound like a dumb fucking 16 year old that works at the local auto parts store who doesn't know shit about anything. If it was up to me, your fucking IP would have been banned months ago.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Half an inch less stroke only lowers the deck height a quarter inch, unless you change rod length or compression distance.
For a first cut, I'm assuming that the rod length to stroke ratio and compression distance would be held constant. Quarter inch at the crank plus maybe three times that much in the rod (maintaining maximum rod angle). I can't see any desire in maintaining rod length and pushing the rod to stroke ratio for a pushrod engine out past 1.8 when one of the things you'd be actively chasing would be a shorter deck height.

Norm

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Forget the peak numbers. 400lb ft at 1500 RPM.

I'm sure plenty are going to bitch and moan about how this is such weak sauce from a 7.3. They also forget big rigs have twice the displacement and produce sometimes only 50 - 100 more horsepower (yes yes, it's diesel but still). Remember what Ford said they were trying to accomplish: stoichometric efficiency and durability. 430 HP at 5500 RPM is 411lb ft. So basically this engine is twisting out over 400lb ft for over 4000 RPM!! That is called functionality. Exactly what a work horse needs.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Forget the peak numbers. 400lb ft at 1500 RPM.

I'm sure plenty are going to bitch and moan about how this is such weak sauce from a 7.3. They also forget big rigs have twice the displacement and produce sometimes only 50 - 100 more horsepower (yes yes, it's diesel but still). Remember what Ford said they were trying to accomplish: stoichometric efficiency and durability. 430 HP at 5500 RPM is 411lb ft. So basically this engine is twisting out over 400lb ft for over 4000 RPM!! That is called functionality.

Exactly what a work horse needs.
Bingo . . . .

Work horse
Work horse.jpg

Mustang
th?id=OIP.pw7pi2umuNvrsx4E05MGoAHaHf&w=203&h=206&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.5&pid=3.jpg

Norm