Sponsored

EXtended Warranty Pricing

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I wouldn't buy an extended myself. the car would of had break downs already on items that would break, you can apply 2k towards future expense.

2k for just 40k-50k mies is insane.
Not if you are tracking it a lot. Best money you can spend.
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
You all forget about Zeigler that also sells Ford insurance. It to is the exact same one you would buy from Ford. I had it on my 2017 GT 350 before I got rid of the car (Zeigler as Ford prorated a refund to me since sold car) I was one of the lucky few that happened to get it before all of them all but tripled the cost. Mine was $50.00 ded. 36,000/5 years for cost of $620.00. the Premium Care Ford one. I wasn't worried about the mileage was wanting to cover a 5 year lease till paid for. After getting it I had my dealership look to see if it showed I had it and the guy said yup the exact same thing we sell. That he couldn't believe I got it for that price. Those were the days! Not no more.

OP
OP
Rubyred17

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
i'm still thinking of getting the ford protect ESP. just stuck on which to get: base, extra, or premium? it looks like apples to apples at first glance but they arent. what i mean is that while the base covers A/C, the extra and premium give you more coverage of A/C parts. so that's my concern right now. i'd rather save the $ and get the base as it covers "A/C, engine, transmission, etc", but when you look at the fine print, the extra and premium cover many more specific items that the base doesnt. so for comparison...

here is the BASE A/C coverage (10 items):
• A/C Clutch
• A/C Clutch Bearings
• A/C Compressor
• A/C Compressor Clutch Switch
• A/C Compressor Head
• A/C Compressor Seals
• A/C Condenser
• Evaporator
• Field Coil
• Pulley

here is the EXTRA A/C coverage (15 items):
• A/C Accumulator (BASE does not have)
• A/C Clutch
• A/C Clutch Bearings
• A/C Compressor
• A/C Compressor Head
• A/C Compressor Seals
• A/C Condenser
• Auto Temp Control (BASE does not have)
• Evaporator
• Field Coil
• Heater Blower Motor (BASE does not have)
• Heater Control Assembly (BASE does not have)
• Heater Core Assembly (BASE does not have)

• Pulley

and here is the PREMIUM A/C coverage (16 items):
• A/C Accumulator
• A/C Clutch
• A/C Clutch Bearings
• A/C Compressor
• A/C Compressor Head
• A/C Compressor Seals
• A/C Condenser
• Auto Temp Control
• Evaporator
• Field Coil
• Heater Blower Motor
• Heater Control Assembly
• Heater Core Assembly
• Instrument Panel Registers and Air Ducts (EXTRA does not have)
• Pulley

looks like the EXTRA care is a good one. it's only lacking the instrument panel and air ducts of the premium. maybe i'll end up with it, or maybe i'll just spring for the premium if it isnt much more.
I am now in your exact same place- my 3/36 expires in December and I am looking at an extended warranty. I have been doing a lot of comparisons and think Anderson & Koch has the best price (by $100). Now the decision point is the Extra Care and the Premium. As you noted, there are some high cost stuff that is not included in the base so its between the upper two coverage levels. The Premium is about $500 more than the Extra Care and I am thinking about going Extra Care and hedging my bets.

Anyone else evaluated this recently and made a decision one way or another? My 2017 has 7900 miles and has never been back for any sort of work.

Any advice is appreciated.
Dan

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I am now in your exact same place- my 3/36 expires in December and I am looking at an extended warranty. I have been doing a lot of comparisons and think Anderson & Koch has the best price (by $100). Now the decision point is the Extra Care and the Premium. As you noted, there are some high cost stuff that is not included in the base so its between the upper two coverage levels. The Premium is about $500 more than the Extra Care and I am thinking about going Extra Care and hedging my bets.

Anyone else evaluated this recently and made a decision one way or another? My 2017 has 7900 miles and has never been back for any sort of work.

Any advice is appreciated.
Dan
yeah, A&K is about as low as it gets for pricing. however, depending on the plan, yrs, etc, i have seen flood beat A&K on some particular plans. but for the one i am looking at (8yr/36k/$0ded), A&K is the best.

i'm going with either extra care or premium at this point. the delta is only $285 so i might go premium, just to be safe.

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
yeah, A&K is about as low as it gets for pricing. however, depending on the plan, yrs, etc, i have seen flood beat A&K on some particular plans. but for the one i am looking at (8yr/36k/$0ded), A&K is the best.

i'm going with either extra care or premium at this point. the delta is only $285 so i might go premium, just to be safe.

Agree for $285, premium would be the best bet. I assume it adds alot more besides in the AC area
Sponsored