OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
DF75DE53-F692-4F0D-8376-E187E926C868.jpeg
Second time it’s rained since using the Maguires hybrid ceramic wax. Looking pretty good.
Sponsored

Abby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Obsolete? Hogwash! I wax my car only twice a year with plain old Turtle Wax. Looks fantastic, and has a better shine than sealant or that ceramic stuff. The key is to use good soap that doesn't strip the wax off when you wash, and use soft cleaning tools that don't scratch the heck out of your paint.

Wax will never be completely obsolete.
So may I ask what soap are you using?

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Meguiar's Ultimate wax (twice a year) , Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash soap with foam cannon power washer, Adam's Guard and Gloss to wipe down after wash. Super simple, super results

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I put a coat of Meguiar's Ultimate on the car when I first got it and it's still effective.

Due to some reviews I put Nu Finish on a quarter panel, it was tough to apply/remove so I stuck with the Meguiar's.

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I only have time for a full wax job mayby twice a year so the Meguiar's cleaner wax (comes in red can or bottle) works really well.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Meguiar's Wash and Wax. It does the job. Nothing fancy, this isn't a show car.

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I may try this one. The purple Shine Armor SUCKS.
That's kind of why I did try this, instead of regular purple stuff. Apparently, it's the same formulation with some carnuba added. I've always been a wax fan, so why not try it. All I can say, is it goes extremely easy, and the shine pretty comparable to Turtle Wax.
How long it lasts, remians to he seen.

So, a big factor for future purchase, is longevity vs its fairly high cost.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I’ve thought about it, but there’s enough drawbacks that I’ve stuck to sealants and waxes. I use Blackfire Wet Diamond (will go to Powerlock when the bottle is gone) topped with 845. Beadmaker to dry after every wash and I don’t touch the car between washes.
I use Blackfire as well - very happy with it.

Boston Mark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I have been using ceramic based spray coatings for the last couple of years. They are so much easier to apply, give excellent gloss and exceptional water repelling quality.

However, last month I decided to give an old favorite another go. Collinite 845.

IMG_1819.jpg

This stuff is very durable and really gives the paint a warm glow.

2a.jpg

e2.jpg
Would you mind sharing what kind of buffer that is in the photo? Looks pretty nice! Nice looking Mustang by the way! ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Shine Armor with Carnuba smells like a Pina Colada. I found this quite nice. Then, I read a review on another product of similar color (yellow) that reviewers say, smells like Pina Colada. Yet, it is much less expensive. So, I bought a gallon of this stuff, and I'm going to give it a try, and compare it to Shine Armor. It's called TEC582.

https://www.amazon.com/Technicians-...&s=gateway&sprefix=technicians,aps,186&sr=8-2

21tqb7hpMhL.jpg
Sponsored