Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I can't wait until my Track Day on 10/14!
Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Was anyone there on 7/14-7/16 that wants to say hi again? Good times.

LFG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Question for the people who have attended already. Currently, I'm in the Track Attack session taking place on September 15-16th. The question I have is the Welcome Reception mandatory to take part in the session? I have high school friends currently living in the area that I haven't seen in ages and since my time in Utah will be limited I'd like to spend as much time as I can with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
No, not mandatory. It's a good time to meet some class mates, spend some time looking over the cars in the showroom and get the plan for the next day. Other than that, not missing anything.

Sponsored

LFG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
No, not mandatory. It's a good time to meet some class mates, spend some time looking over the cars in the showroom and get the plan for the next day. Other than that, not missing anything.
Thanks for the info! My friend is a comedian on the rise in SLC and has a show that night as well that I wanted to attend... decisions, decisions haha. Thanks a lot Alan!

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Good for bonding experience - sharing ideas & observations with peers was a pretty important part of the experience for me (mid July).
Ours was Sunday night - if I had friends in the area I'd stay later r try to fly in a day earlier. Things don't start til after 5pm so there's day time.
Last few months at Utah so this is it.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info! My friend is a comedian on the rise in SLC and has a show that night as well that I wanted to attend... decisions, decisions haha. Thanks a lot Alan!
Another thing - Banquet night we were out of there as in already driving back @ 7:30pm some people earlier. For you later in the season but still thats daylight to for a drive back to SLC so you'd have plenty of time to catch a 9pm show....but FWIW I recall them urging us to be pressed against the glass i.e. 7:15am waiting for them to open the next morning as to get a good early start for day1. After taking a red eye to get there sleep was pretty valuable.

Pic of leaving UMC banquet night @ 7:30 back to SLC
20190714_193210.jpg

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I was told by FPRS that they are phasing out the Boss 302's.. once they make the move to North Carolina, there will be no more full-on race cars like the BOSS available for rent! So those that are scheduled in the last sessions in Utah will be the last ones to run the Boss 302's. According to the representative I talked to at FPRC, they will only have GT350's for day one and Mustang GT's for day 2!

I would assume they are going to prep some newer mustang GT's moving forward, but that's just a guess on my part....

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I think the track differences will be a far bigger change anyone will miss out on....assuming they've been to UMC before.
UMC East & West tracks were fun and reasonably challenging esp for those of us with no track time before. The nice elevation changes and stellar mountain backdrop didn't suck either for a big wow experience. The contrast of Charlotte as an oval with an infield lightbulb shaped route seems disappointing though there seems like there would be more 4th gear usage....its the only option they're offering so it is what it is.
I was driving guest so I was in a GT day one. Day 2 didn't do the Boss and was barely able to do the GT's because of my back pain & core taking my concentration out (know your limits) but I could see a lot of wincing by those prying in & out of a deep buck seat Boss so many times a day. So perhaps its not a perfect match to the middle age + GT350 demographics. The solid axle is less relatable to GT350 ownership too. Ideally they'd offer GT350's for the 2nd day as well but that's Ford's call since they own the GT350's there. For all we know they will have to add GT500's to the mix (though if so those like the GT350's would be owned by Ford). Only 15% of owners get to go they told us because they are maxed out - driving any of these cars st the FP School especially with experienced coaching is a real privilege.

Sponsored

Micklimey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 J0017
I thought I read somewhere that they are dropping this for the GT350. Only offering for the 350R and the GT500. Can anyone confirm that?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I thought I read somewhere that they are dropping this for the GT350. Only offering for the 350R and the GT500. Can anyone confirm that?
I never heard that - I was there the day before the move to Charlotte was announced (though it was clear it was going to happen - guys were selling their houses in Utah to move to NC).

if anything the staff was saying that they expected to see me next year (they knew my GT350 was due soon (ETA is a week from today)). Course they could have been keeping cards close to vest but eliminating this as a perk seems foolish. especially since everyone in our class opted for 2nd day and had paying guests for both those days (like me) so its got to be paying for itself.
FWIR they have only 1 maybe 2 GT350R's, never talked up the R vs the GT350 in general (and as stock), Never talked up anything like MY19 improvements (most in class were MY18 owners), and I don't remember seeing the R's anywhere vs the GT350's, GT's, and Bosses. I also don't recall anyone in the class even having an R. They encouraged doing the feedback surveys as they said they go right to Henry Ford III's office and are read to gauge the marketing value of the program. Lots of comments that owners bought a $60+K driving class with a car thrown in.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I heard that too. It was in one of the threads about the 2020 GT350R and what improvements might get added. Someone said they read the 2020 change sheet and only the GT500 and GT350R will get Track Attack in the 2020 MY. Made me pretty happy to see that Track Attack folder in my 2019 owner's kit and an invitation to attend.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Made it. Today and tomorrow
C30F70BB-C9C9-4B8E-BA4D-1B66865ED7C7.jpeg
In the end they will (or already have) ask you to fill out survey. Likewise end of day 2 they will open up to questions. Please see if they will confirm what is going on next year wrt how the program will differ in Charlotte (for example it's one track not two) and is MY19 the last year GT350 owners are invited as part of ownership? Thanks & have fun...not that you needed to hear that to try ;-)
Sponsored

Last edited: