Sponsored

Honestly, who prefers the GT 5.0 over GT350?

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
That's some serious beer math. Factoring in depreciation, which is a major cost, the GT350 is significantly more expensive comparing new-to-new. The performance benefit is marginal compared to the cost.
Beer math, no. Seeing a true cost of ownership, yes.

I didn't factor in depreciation as whether I got a 18 GT PP1 or GT350, I don't plan on selling it. The GT350 is a win in terms of depreciation, so not sure what you are getting at.

There is quite a performance difference between the two.
Sponsored

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the GT over the GT350. I didn't want many of the extras that came with the GT350 and felt the $20K+ could be used elsewhere.
And no I'm not poor, just financially frugal. I almost have my house paid off and I've bought 3 2019 vehicles this year already.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk

I didn't factor in depreciation as whether I got a 18 GT PP1 or GT350, I don't plan on selling it. The GT350 is a win in terms of depreciation, so not sure what you are getting at.

There is quite a performance difference between the two.
So what about the $15k sticker price difference compared to a PP2 GT optioned as similarly as possible?

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd love to have another GT350. I think everything about them is great. I'm not really interested in a GT anymore. I have owned a few and I got bored with them after a while. Maybe if I drove a new GT with the right options I'd want it. Not sure. What I loved about the GT350 was the engine first and foremost - both the power characteristics and the sound. Secondly I loved the firmness of the ride and the body control - perfectly set up in my opinion. Every GT I owned was either too wallowy and soft or too stiff. I really liked the GT350 brakes, especially on track. They have a quick bite to them, they are easy to modulate and they don't fade. And the clutch/transmission were great when you got some heat in them. IMO the clutch on the GT350 has a much better feel than that on the GT. You can tell the clutch is a better unit. The factory GT350 Pilot Super Sport tires had the perfect balance of grip and life in my opinion. I think the GT350 was nearly perfect for what can be done with the current Mustang chassis. I don't love some of the interior and exterior changes they did to the 2019/2020 models, but I'd bet they are still great to drive.

Right now I'm not interested in spending the money for either though. That's why I decided to buy an older Corvette this time around. A lot less money, it's a cream puff and I love it. The LS6 is bland but the chassis is really good. When a car is 600-700 lbs lighter it makes a big difference in the feel of sportiness you get. I just wish it had a Ford V8 in it.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP

I didn't factor in depreciation as whether I got a 18 GT PP1 or GT350, I don't plan on selling it. The GT350 is a win in terms of depreciation, so not sure what you are getting at..
The problem is that the "cost of ownership" is a standard term which includes the following; depreciation, interest (if financed), taxes and fees, insurance premiums, fuel costs, maintenance, and repairs. So you can't just take out a major factor and still call it cost of ownership. Even if the depreciation percentage is lower, a higher initial cost can still result in higher depreciation cost. And if a similar percentage of the purchase was financed, then more interest paid also need to be factored in.

For example, let's say there's a $100K car that depreciated 20% and a $50K car the depreciated 30%. Even though the cheaper car depreciated more percentage-wise, the more expensive car cost $5K more in depreciation. And it'll be even worse if ADM was paid.

cost to own.PNG

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Obviously, the solution would be to have both.....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
2 were sitting right next to my Roush and I didn't ask to test drive either. They're nice cars but they don't handle boost as well, nor future E85, didn't care for the interior, not as easily customized (aftermarket options not as abundant), overpriced for performance, and A10 is faster straight line which is all I care about. The positives of feels sooooo fun and sounds sooooo good didn't really make me want to overpay for one. I can get great sound from mine and it's pretty fun and I paid a lot less (even though it was in my price range of what I was going to spend) in the end.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
This could be interesting

lemme grab my popcorn

LOL.....nice one

I have a GT mainly because I don’t think a GT350 is worth it... but I don’t track and it’s a daily so a Gt350 is overkill for a daily street car.. of course you could do it, but not for me.. I’m sure if it was 5-10 years ago when I was not far from Willow Springs and going all the time I’d for sure shoot for the GT350

imyopusha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prermium A10, PP1, Magneride, 401A, B&O
The problem is that the "cost of ownership" is a standard term which includes the following; depreciation, interest (if financed), taxes and fees, insurance premiums, fuel costs, maintenance, and repairs. So you can't just take out a major factor and still call it cost of ownership. Even if the depreciation percentage is lower, a higher initial cost can still result in higher depreciation cost. And if a similar percentage of the purchase was financed, then more interest paid also need to be factored in.

For example, let's say there's a $100K car that depreciated 20% and a $50K car the depreciated 30%. Even though the cheaper car depreciated more percentage-wise, the more expensive car cost $5K more in depreciation. And it'll be even worse if ADM was paid.

cost to own.PNG
Perfectly stated on all points.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
What does "it's a V8 Mustang in it's purest form" mean in regard to the GT vs. a GT350? How is a GT350 not also a V8 Mustang in its purest form?
The way it burns oil... son. Pure magic... Where does it go? Does it just evaporate? Are there little gt350 fairies?

All jokes aside, as an Audi owner the oil burning thing is not good. Audi owners had a lawsuit against Audi for their oil burning issues. They claimed anything less than a quart every 1000 miles was normal. Unfortunately Audi owners countered with all their engine rebuilds and won. Audi had to address all their engines that burned excessive oil. What happens is that the oil seeps down past the pistons and in the process scoring the bores creating the grooves which eventually makes it burn more oil over time. Eventually the engine fails.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
The way it burns oil... son. Pure magic... Where does it go? Does it just evaporate? Are there little gt350 fairies?

All jokes aside, as an Audi owner the oil burning thing is not good. Audi owners had a lawsuit against Audi for their oil burning issues. They claimed anything less than a quart every 1000 miles was normal. Unfortunately Audi owners countered with all their engine rebuilds and won. Audi had to address all their engines that burned excessive oil. What happens is that the oil seeps down past the pistons and in the process scoring the bores creating the grooves which eventually makes it burn more oil over time. Eventually the engine fails.
Those fairies you mention must be working overtime. I'm not burning any oil.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Those fairies you mention must be working overtime. I'm not burning any oil.
yeah my audi didn't either until just after 85K miles. But of course the 18's and newer have the tick issue and Ford says "it's normal". At least one of those issues is going to bring on some lawsuits for Ford.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Obviously, the solution would be to have both.....
Like, duh.
78BBCDE5-467D-4140-BEC4-79681C32ED2B.jpeg

And to answer the original question, the car on the left has ten times the mileage as the other even being purchased at the same time.

Edit to add that is not my 350R. It’s my buddies car. I have put more miles on it than him though.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Back to the original question: I looked at a GT350, a GT, and an EB. The EB fit how I drive the best but didn't sound good. The GT350, even though it sounded great didn't fit how I drive 99+% of the time. The GT is the best compromise for me, with PP1, Magneride, and active exhaust. And cooled seats!
Sponsored