Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Pully are available. I would advise against going down a pully on pump gas. 2300 3 inch pully 2650 3.25 on pump gas
- 3" pulley(12psi)
- DW95's
- Stock pump w/o BAP

Holds pressure to 7700rpm w/o issue(2900psi and ~55psi in the rails). I would not recommend anything smaller than 3" on a 18+ unless you have a DW400 and BAP
IMG_7112.jpg
Sponsored

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
As a general rule of thumb you shouldn't run more than 10lbs of boost with pump gas. Many guys run more than 10lbs but timing has to be pulled out to make it safe. Its much better to run 10lbs and add more timing. Any knowledgeable tuner will tell you that.
I have a 2300 rotor and am switching to a larger 3.25" pulley to bring my boost down to 10lbs. I am working with Lund now to get the tune dialed in.
IMG_3756.JPG

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
As a general rule of thumb you shouldn't run more than 10lbs of boost with pump gas. Many guys run more than 10lbs but timing has to be pulled out to make it safe. Its much better to run 10lbs and add more timing. Any knowledgeable tuner will tell you that.
I have a 2300 rotor and am switching to a larger 3.25" pulley to bring my boost down to 10lbs. I am working with Lund now to get the tune dialed in.
IMG_3756.JPG
- commanding .77 lambda
- 15* of spark (base spark is 12*, KR adds the other 3)
- 93 octane from HEB

I was running about 16* of spark on the 3.25" pulley, so only pulled back 1*, and this is a 12:1 engine too, on a 15-17 you could of prob kept it 16*

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My plan was to run the kit as-is with a BAP and see what the injector duty cycle looks like on the dyno with 93 octane. If the BAP isn't necessary I'll save that cost for later.

I'd like to run a Griptec surfaced pulley regardless of diameter if I can get my hands on one, they're showing out of stock on them right now. Also not real clear on the differences or advantages/disadvantages of their Level 2 vs Level 3 surfacing. I'm guessing Level 3 would be more agressive, perhaps it wears your belt out faster? Not sure why you'd choose a lower level otherwise.

"Stage 2" would be a 3" pulley, Eddy TB, DW95s, and a DW400. Sound about right?

Not going past that because I don't really want to do LTs and E85 is not available in my area.

Last edited:

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Well, I got her all put together finally. Left the front fascia off purposely to check for coolant leaks. No fuel or engine coolant dripping anywhere. Either the intercooler water pump or wiring harness or both are faulty. No intercooler circulation. Will be contacting Edelbrock straight away. Other than that, everything seems fine so far...

upload_2019-7-31_14-59-50.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I got her all put together finally. Left the front fascia off purposely to check for coolant leaks. No fuel or engine coolant dripping anywhere. Either the intercooler water pump or wiring harness or both are faulty. No intercooler circulation. Will be contacting Edelbrock straight away. Other than that, everything seems fine so far...
Sorry in advanced if you are aware and have done this but the pump will shut off instantly if it runs dry. It takes many cycles to get it primed. It takes 2 people because of how fast it shuts off. One person pressing the ignition button on\off with foot off the clutch so the car doesn't start and one person pouring the coolant into the resivore as it's going down. Once the pump doesn't run dry it should circulate.

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you uninstall the lu47 injectors measure the length of them for me please.
How much difference in length are you suspecting between the LU47 and the DW95?

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Sorry in advanced if you are aware and have done this but the pump will shut off instantly if it runs dry. It takes many cycles to get it primed. It takes 2 people because of how fast it shuts off. One person pressing the ignition button on\off with do It off clutch and one person pouring the coolant into the resivore as it's going down. Once the pump doesn't run dry it should circulate.
Thanks, that has to be it. As luck would have it, however, the 2nd time that I started it up the passenger side back injector began leaking badly. Worked fine the first start up. Not looking forward to fishing out that injector. SMH...

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Thanks, that has to be it. As luck would have it, however, the 2nd time that I started it up the passenger side back injector began leaking badly. Worked fine the first start up. Not looking forward to fishing out that injector. SMH...
yeah the pump is smart, if it's dry it will turn off before you can even get back to the front to add fluid, if you top the little tank off and turn the ACC power on it will suck it dry and then turn off, so you need someone there to press button and then you keep pouring in the coolant to prevent it from running dry or else it will not turn back on.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
yeah the pump is smart, if it's dry it will turn off before you can even get back to the front to add fluid, if you top the little tank off and turn the ACC power on it will suck it dry and then turn off, so you need someone there to press button and then you keep pouring in the coolant to prevent it from running dry or else it will not turn back on.
Thanks. Lesson learned. Any tips or tricks for getting to that back injector, now that I've got it all together? Really dreading it...

Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is anyone using an airlift kit to fill the IC system and refill the cooling system? Seems like a worthwhile investment for the job.

Also I’ve been looking into larger IC reservoirs (not rear mount ice tanks) and different IC pumps, curious if anybody has tried something different than comes with the kit.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone using an airlift kit to fill the IC system and refill the cooling system? Seems like a worthwhile investment for the job.

Also I’ve been looking into larger IC reservoirs (not rear mount ice tanks) and different IC pumps, curious if anybody has tried something different than comes with the kit.
I didn't feel the need to use one. I DID end up buying the funnel kit they recommended in the install manual, and that made filling the IC much easier. That way, with the coolant column you actually have a buffer period of time before the IC pump runs dry and shuts off. Even with the helper it happens fast. The coolant system was an easy fill...just filled the reservoir, let it run, topped it off. Unlike the IC bottle on the Edelbrock, the reservoir is actually higher than the rest of the system.

Also, in case nobody has mentioned it, the IC bottle on the EB kit ***IS*** lower than the intercooler itself. Don't open the cap without the pump running once it's filled. Ask me how I know. :blush:

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible

upload_2019-7-31_14-59-50.jpeg
The intercooler pump has to have fluid in it to run. I had the same problem. The pump would run until it drained the reservoir tank then stopped. Just keep adding coolant to the tank when first turned on to keep the pump primed.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Began my install last night.
Not sure if this has been covered before but I took the time to measure the depths of the holes that may or may not require drilling/tapping to mount the tensioner/idler plate.
No drilling required on my engine. YMMV, but worth spending the time assessing it.
A 7mm socket (12 point) worked nicely on the end of the supplied tap.
Sponsored