Sponsored

Honestly, who prefers the GT 5.0 over GT350?

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt a10 pp1 301 base
The first mustang I ever wanted was a NEW 1970 Boss 302. Once I was set free from the land of AK47s and rice paddys, I wound up with a 383 4 speed 68 Coronet 2dr post car. Loved the car, rubber floor mats and all. Great fun in 1970! But I still thought of that Boss 302,,,,, Then thirty five years later a new, retro Mustang ( designed by a Vietnamese refugee that saw his first mustang in Vietnam in 1969 at age six!!) came out in 2005. Soooo, I ordered one! They allocated all the builds to southern states. I got tired of waiting, flew from MPLS to Vegas and drove home a new GT Premium, fall of 05. March 06, my salesman buddy called to say "your mustang is on the way". Shizt, now what do I do? Plead my story, and for 3,000 cash I am driving the one I ordered! Saleen blower, Tremac 6 speed, thirteen years and 58,000 miles of fun!! (for sale, by the way. 2006, Vista blue) I talked about the new 2019 GT with the a10 to the wife, no go. So finally, I got her to a dealership for a test drive. WE NOW OWN A 2019 GT A10!!! These cars are AMAZING, and you can't appreciate just how much unless you started driving when dirt was young, AKA 1964! That old flathead 53 ford was a pile. Fast forward fifty three years, and we are in the land of nirvana! You just need the right perspective! The GT we bought is a base, A10, PP1, variable exhaust, listed at $46,125. The car had been around awhile(98 test miles!) and they knocked 7137 off the price, so I was happy with that. Every Mustang has its strong points, and in the case of the GT350 I love the technology. But it is impractical for us. Now if I win the lottery, I will own a GT350, GT 500, and a GT40! Each car is different, but loved by a certain group. Got to love the times we live in. In 71 they killed performance, and now it is back with a VENGANCE!!!!
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I don't think it's limited enough and look at the prices on the used market I got my GT for 45K I van definitely have gotten a GT350 with under 8K mile for that much. The GT allows you to make it more your own and its a V8 Mustang in its purest form.
What does "it's a V8 Mustang in it's purest form" mean in regard to the GT vs. a GT350? How is a GT350 not also a V8 Mustang in its purest form?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
The PP2's are really the poor mans version of the 350 in that sense... The value for the money in a PP2 car really can't be beat.
I couldn't agree more. My 301A PP2 with Recaros and active exhaust is a great car right out of the box. It is such a capable car without doing a single thing to it. And, at $38,750, it's one helluva value for what you get. I would still take a 350 over it in a heartbeat, but I just don't see $20K+ more value in the 350.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer a GT 350 but not enough to get rid of my poor 5.slow!

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
The car I wanted doesn’t exist as a GT350 so I prefer the GT. To me the 350 is meh anyways. It’s fine, just not for me. Plus, manual transmissions are dumb.

Besides all that, I had a price range to stay in and the 350 was way outside it. So even if the car I wanted existed as a 350 is I’d still be in a GT.

Last edited:

imyopusha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prermium A10, PP1, Magneride, 401A, B&O
I laugh at the argument that the GT350 has a higher cost of ownership because it doesn't.

A set of 4 tires is only $170 more than a 2018 PP1. Once Michelin releases GT350 fitment tires in the PS4S that delta will likely decrease.

The only thing that costs substantially more is the brake rotors which last longer due to better cooling so that is up for argument.

I daily mine and ran a cost analysis before committing to one, it's marginally more expensive than a 2018+ PP1. Cost of ownership is a moot point.
That's some serious beer math. Factoring in depreciation, which is a major cost, the GT350 is significantly more expensive comparing new-to-new. The performance benefit is marginal compared to the cost.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Man if you guys think people that bought a brand new 5.0 with packages are poor I wonder how you view Civic Si owners or sporty cars in that price range lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
This thread was not meant to distinguish the rich or the poor. It doesn’t matter. We all share a passion for Mustangs. That’s why we are hear to help. One hand washes the other. Money don’t mean shit but what you do on this earth before you die does. I wasn’t justifying my insecurity of purchasing a less expensive mustang. I really was saying I like the comfort and sound of the GT just as much as a 350. Only think I like about the 350 better is the 19 spoiler, front fascia, tremec 6 speed, rev match.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
This thread was not meant to distinguish the rich or the poor. It doesn’t matter. We all share a passion for Mustangs. That’s why we are hear to help. One hand washes the other. Money don’t mean shit but what you do on this earth before you die does. I wasn’t justifying my insecurity of purchasing a less expensive mustang. I really was saying I like the comfort and sound of the GT just as much as a 350. Only think I like about the 350 better is the 19 spoiler, front fascia, tremec 6 speed, rev match.
Rev matching is one of my favorite features of my '19 GT.

I get thumbs up from other drivers all the time when I'm in my car, I don't need that but it's pretty cool.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Man if you guys think people that bought a brand new 5.0 with packages are poor I wonder how you view Civic Si owners or sporty cars in that price range lol.
We are not poor nor would we imply that you are poor. We are just laughing at those who call us the "poors".

Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry but the only reason to prefer the Gt is if you can't afford the GT350 or if you can't enjoy driving a stick.
That is a hilarious/shallow statement. Maybe some just value their hard earned $$ more that others, if you're looking at it that way. I could easily afford either. It came down to what fit the best in what I was looking for. I couldn't be happier with my GT custom build. I have no problems with the manual trans and I drive the sh*t out of it. Doesn't mean I don't think the CT350 is super cool- its just not for me. Glad I outgrew the 'my car is better than yours' a long time ago.

PanicSwitch89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Manual PP1 RC
Vehicle Showcase
Dunno, I think it comes down to priorities. When I was back in the auto market, selling my motorcycles for reasons(baby, cough) I seriously looked at the 350's. Before turning to bikes, I had a s2000 I'd built for 7 years and it slowly became more and more painful/involved when driving on the street.

I think I view the 350 like the s2000, no real reason to get one unless its a weekend only or track weapon. I ended up with the 18 GT PP1, sound system, heated cooled leather, manual....best combo for street and some spirited back roads sometimes.
Sponsored