Sponsored

Honestly, who prefers the GT 5.0 over GT350?

Mr.Mustang_55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
German
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 and 2018 Nissan Rogue
Vehicle Showcase
GT350 is a Shelby! It's limited production, amazing engineering in the flat plane crank engine and looks that kill the 18-19 GT.
I'm sorry but the only reason to prefer the Gt is if you can't afford the GT350 or if you can't enjoy driving a stick.
I don't think it's limited enough and look at the prices on the used market I got my GT for 45K I van definitely have gotten a GT350 with under 8K mile for that much. The GT allows you to make it more your own and its a V8 Mustang in its purest form.
Sponsored

Mr.Mustang_55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
German
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 and 2018 Nissan Rogue
Vehicle Showcase
Disclaimer: I don't track my car.

The GT PP1 with MR is close to the GT350 in handling. The GT350 has the superior engine. The GT PP1 has a better interior and sounds better (to me).

But no 401a, no A10, and you will have to chop the roof off to compare to my GT vert.

So the GT PP1 is my ride..
I got the 2019 GT PP1 with the 301A package I honestly think that this is the sweet spot for the mustang.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it is interesting, first off, my opinion is that as long as someone loves their car, that is really what it is about. The 350 is a sweet vehicle, the 500 is, the GT PP1 and PP2, and the EB and the V6. They are really filling different needs / wants. I have seen this "my trim is better than x trim" with every trim out there. "EB's are better than V6's" "PP1's are garbage, you need the PP2" (actually saw someone get torn into for posting a PP1 in a PP2 thread like the cars came from different planets) "350's are way superior to GT's", "2015-2017's suck next to the 18-19's", etc.

At the end of the day, these S550's are really excellent vehicles, and we shouldn't assume that someone bought x trim because they are "poors" (saw that term recently), or whatever. If you are happy with your S550, whatever it is, let's be happy, no pissing contest needed. I bet the same people trim fighting on here would be good friends if we all met at a car meet. I am happy that we have choices to be honest, and we are not all out there driving a Prius or Corolla.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I have driven alot of GT350s. They are fun cars to drive, look great, sound amazing. Gen 2 Coyote is a better car for boost which is the whole reason I got another mustang anyways. I got rid of a C6 Z06 for my 16 and I would rather have a C6 Z over a gt350.

ColeTrickle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP, 09 G8 GT, 00 SS Camaro Conv
350 is a pretty car and amazing on the track but at that price point if I was going manual I would have gotten a new ZL1.

As a daily I needed the Auto and prefer the new mustang and 10 speed over the other cars in this class.

Sponsored

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
there are 2 reasons why people dont buy a gt350, or any better, more expansive car in general, and they start to giving bs excuses to justify their cheap purchases.

reason 1 - they dont have the money.

reason 2 - (for mustangs) they want a cheap car to start a build. and thats is a very small % of people and they have the money to get a more expansive car. The rest just dont have the $$$.

And below is the best post here btw.

Yeah it is interesting, first off, my opinion is that as long as someone loves their car, that is really what it is about. The 350 is a sweet vehicle, the 500 is, the GT PP1 and PP2, and the EB and the V6. They are really filling different needs / wants. I have seen this "my trim is better than x trim" with every trim out there. "EB's are better than V6's" "PP1's are garbage, you need the PP2" (actually saw someone get torn into for posting a PP1 in a PP2 thread like the cars came from different planets) "350's are way superior to GT's", "2015-2017's suck next to the 18-19's", etc.

At the end of the day, these S550's are really excellent vehicles, and we shouldn't assume that someone bought x trim because they are "poors" (saw that term recently), or whatever. If you are happy with your S550, whatever it is, let's be happy, no pissing contest needed. I bet the same people trim fighting on here would be good friends if we all met at a car meet. I am happy that we have choices to be honest, and we are not all out there driving a Prius or Corolla.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
there are 2 reasons why people dont buy a gt350, or any better, more expansive car in general, and they start to giving bs excuses to justify their cheap purchases.

reason 1 - they dont have the money.

reason 2 - (for mustangs) they want a cheap car to start a build. and thats is a very small % of people and they have the money to get a more expansive car. The rest just dont have the $$$.

And below is the best post here btw.
reason 3 is the gt350 has no automatic transmission offering putting it at a major disadvantage for drag racing.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think the problem is people are always looking to pick apart others when they own a different trim level, which is a stupid thing to do. These threads always turn into a crowd of idiots spewing mental vomit as they line up and jerk each other off.
This. But also I can't help but to always feel like if someone needs to post justification about what car they bought to a bunch of people that he or she has never met, it just REEKS of insecurity. It makes those "Convince me why I need a GT350" or "Is the GT really worth it over Ecoboost?" threads look almost reasonable. Almost.........

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
This. But also I can't help but to always feel like if someone needs to post justification about what car they bought to a bunch of people that he or she has never met, it just REEKS of insecurity. It makes those "Convince me why I need a GT350" or "Is the GT really worth it over Ecoboost?" threads look almost reasonable. Almost.........
I don't think anyone came here looking for affirmation of any sort. I don't need anyone to agree with me or my choices.

To my knowledge forums are where people come to share thoughts, ideas, experiences, and perspectives with one another in a legible format. If you're only here to judge everyone and their reasoning for whatever choice they've made you're missing out.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Yeah I fully agree with that. The initial post is pure insecurity, but many people after have given levelheaded and logical responses as to why they prefer the GT.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah I fully agree with that. The initial post is pure insecurity, but many people after have given levelheaded and logical responses as to why they prefer the GT.
A10 + quarter mile = MORE than a reasonable decision.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I agree since the initial post was pretty vague and wasn't something like "I'm looking to drag race, what's better, GT or GT350"?

bozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdsc.ca
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I've found myself pondering this very comparison... I just bought a PP2 and put 350 lowering springs and 325's in the rear. The PP2 suspension and handling IMO is on PAR with the 350. The PP2's are really the poor mans version of the 350 in that sense... The value for the money in a PP2 car really can't be beat.

For me there's give and take between both. The PP2 has nicer wheels, and the 401A has the nicer interior with the digital dash among other extras. However, the 350 has the superior drivetrain and the value of being a Shelby car with the name and the unique exterior styling cues.

It's a comparison I've been wrestling with. Is the jump in price worth it? OR does a guy put a little more money into the PP2 drivetrain? IMO it's hard to keep dumping money into a GT because at the end of the day, it's still a GT. Perhaps that's a silly way to look at it, but I find myself going back and forth on this...