Not open for further replies.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Right now, the GT350/GT350R is proven. the C8 isn't. Hell, the C8 Z51 probably will be slower than the 2019 Z06. Actually, make that WILL be slower.
So your comparing a 90K 19 Z06 to a 65K 2020 Z51?
I have no doubt a 19 Z will be faster on a road course and the drag strip too but again looks wise and price wise its a no brainer and it wont be by as much as u think...

I love the mustang, I think it an incredible car but there is no way in hell would I buy a 60K Ford when I can buy a 63K C8
Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
0-60 is a street time. So you’re saying that with the perfect tires in the perfect conditions, on the perfect road with the perfect temps, and a burnout you could theoretically do a 0-60 in less than 3 secs? Ok.. and I could make my dick 10 inches long if I stretched it far and hard enough. In theory of course
Yes.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Its not the end of the GT350 ...

Remember ,.. back before all this madness, back in 2014 Ford advertised the new S550 Cobra car at $49,999

Now... 5 years later you see GM advertising any equivalently controversial price as well first and foremost.

The marketing is the same; they are establishing boundaries and market placement.

At the end of the day the beat goes on - Mark my words your $45k for a Mustang GT will most likely include similar carbon Fiber pieces and the *gasp* the trickle down'ed 7-spd DCT...
Its really that momentous move to 'cross that divide' ...Lets see the numbers on that one and then go from there, boys :)

Here's another thought...

What if Ford continues the trend ... redesigns GT350 , and is the first benefit of the trickle down economics FoMoCo is so famous for; drops the Manual for a DCT, BUT they give you more HP from a revised/improved FPC 5.2 for model year 2023 onwards... what do you say about 'values' and obsolete then? Beat goes on , more capability but did you want really want that in your fun car?

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Its not the end of the GT350 ...

Remember ,.. back before all this madness, back in 2014 Ford advertised the new S550 Cobra car at $49,999

Now... 5 years later you see GM advertising any equivalently controversial price as well first and foremost.

The marketing is the same; they are establishing boundaries and market placement.

At the end of the day the beat goes on - Mark my words your $45k for a Mustang GT will most likely include similar carbon Fiber pieces and the *gasp* the trickle down'ed 7-spd DCT...
Its really that momentous move to 'cross that divide' ...Lets see the numbers on that one and then go from there, boys :)

Here's another thought...

What if Ford continues the trend ... redesigns GT350 , and is the first benefit of the trickle down economics FoMoCo is so famous for; drops the Manual for a DCT, BUT they give you more HP from a revised/improved FPC 5.2 for model year 2023 onwards... what do you say about 'values' and obsolete then? Beat goes on , more capability but did you want really want that in your fun car?
I'll have what he's having!

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
All this Mustang vs Vette talk got me doing some investigating. Looked at the C5 Z06 and really liked it. My father in law had on back in the day. Going Sunday to look at one if all is good I'll bring it home for the wife. Then I'll have three cars that can kick the snot out of a 350.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm amazed after all that's gone on in this thread I was sure I was going to get roasted for my last post but I see maturity has finally prevailed.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm amazed after all that's gone on in this thread I was sure I was going to get roasted for my last post but I see maturity has finally prevailed.
Naw most of us just try and ignore trolls till they call attention to themselves

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The best vette was the 95 ZR-1 with the LT5 engine

Sponsored
OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Naw most of us just try and ignore trolls till they call attention to themselves
Vertster you are correct most do my comment was directed towards those that don't . As I said maturity is great thing. Have you read this thread?

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
GT350 is dead. At this point Ford should put coolers and tremec on a pp2 equipped gt, bump the price to 45 to 48 grand and bank money. They will sell ton of pp2 packaged gts. Infact make the Bullitt engine part of the pp2 package with 480 hp. It will be a wise and smart decision.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Why people put the MUSTANG and vette in the same class is beyond understanding. They don't compete with each other. The GT350 will be just fine. That motor alone shits on the c8 :crackup::cwl:

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Why people put the MUSTANG and vette in the same class is beyond understanding. They don't compete with each other. The GT350 will be just fine. That motor alone shits on the c8 :crackup::cwl:
Because its all about MONEY. Without MONEY you are not buying these toys and having fun. If they are priced similar to each other it doesn't matter if they are in a different class or league. Due to the price point, these cars become comparable. You can argue that one has a back seat but not really usable for adults and even tight for kids. Vette also has two trunks with enough storage space. The motor is a beast but alone is nothing if the car is heavy, no fast shifting auto and not fast enough. What is the point of that engine you tell everyone? Making noise? Revving to pass 8000 rpm? Or to make the car actually go fast in a straight line and around a corner? People buy these cars and compare pricing and performance. There will always be die hard brand loyal and enthusiasts who will still go for one over another. For them money is not an issue or the performance per dollar value. But those people are also not even in the 1% of the actual buyers out there. Now you have an idea of what we are dealing with.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
GT350 is dead. At this point Ford should put coolers and tremec on a pp2 equipped gt, bump the price to 45 to 48 grand and bank money. They will sell ton of pp2 packaged gts. Infact make the Bullitt engine part of the pp2 package with 480 hp. It will be a wise and smart decision.
The GT350 has had a long life for only getting minor changes since its release.

If you compare the desirability of the GT350 with the first model year being 2015 to the Camaro Z/28 from 2014 you will see that the GT350 was and still is extremely successful. I remember even two or three years ago there were huge discounts off the Z/28 and many GT350s are still going for MSRP even now.

Ford will have no problem selling all the 2019 and 2020 GT350s. The GT350 has so much more than just an engine and transmission over the GT PP2.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.