2019 GT PP1 7k Oil Change Anylasis

Fastfwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT 2012 Honda Accord V6 Coupe EX-L Nav
2019 GT PP1 - details on this change; After the drama I felt over the 10 quart specification leaving the car about a half quart from 'maximum' on the dipstick and adding it back up with a full quart when it hit 'minimum' and the 2k rattle ordeal that seemed to be mitigated by having it at 'maximum. My car having typewriter tick, piston slap, whatever it is.... that has come and gone over the last 6 months, but has been present since day 1 more or less. I decided to do an early oil change on my Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5/20 to get it analyzed and just as a general precaution considering the issues.

They claim that my report looks good, but I notice that my copper level is about twice 'normal.' Do the PP1 cars have an oil cooler that might account for some of that? I'm embarrassed that I don't even know. I know it has a beefier radiator. I'm guessing that their 'average' of 5,800 miles means that if I am like 69% of average with 4k that I should multiply my results by 1.31 to get an accurate measure against their averages?

I haven't become an expert on all of the theories of what is happening with the Coyote 3 motors, but I seem to recall one theory that stood out was something to do with the crank maybe? I know almost nothing about the internals of an engine, but would that also raise concern for the crank bearings (or main bearings?) possibly accounting for excessive copper?

I'm not trying to create any hysteria, but I thought maybe some here with more intimate knowledge of these cars specifically could shed some light?

I get it that the copper is soft and doesn't cause harm itself and the iron is the one to watch for being an indication of internal wear compounding itself with the oil I guess. Just curious about that copper level.

Thanks!

Oil Report.jpg
Sponsored

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
Cool that you are having your oil sampled! I wish more people would do this to understand what is going on.

2 ppm is nothing to worry about. If you kept sampling and the aluminum shot up suddenly, then I'd be concerned. Go to BITOG, Bob is the oil guy forum and look in the UOA, Used Oil Analysis section. You can view multiple samples and see how your's stacks up.

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)
Here is my latest report.

This is my 5,2L voodoo with CPC engine that I built in 2016 now making 530 whp and 438 torque NA and i have run 125 shot of nitrous on road course and during TX mile events.

I am super pleased with the motor and now have over 34K miles on it with at least 1/3 raced miles.

Attachments

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
2019 GT PP1 - details on this change; After the drama I felt over the 10 quart specification leaving the car about a half quart from 'maximum' on the dipstick and adding it back up with a full quart when it hit 'minimum' and the 2k rattle ordeal that seemed to be mitigated by having it at 'maximum. My car having typewriter tick, piston slap, whatever it is.... that has come and gone over the last 6 months, but has been present since day 1 more or less. I decided to do an early oil change on my Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5/20 to get it analyzed and just as a general precaution considering the issues.

They claim that my report looks good, but I notice that my copper level is about twice 'normal.' Do the PP1 cars have an oil cooler that might account for some of that? I'm embarrassed that I don't even know. I know it has a beefier radiator. I'm guessing that their 'average' of 5,800 miles means that if I am like 69% of average with 4k that I should multiply my results by 1.31 to get an accurate measure against their averages?

I haven't become an expert on all of the theories of what is happening with the Coyote 3 motors, but I seem to recall one theory that stood out was something to do with the crank maybe? I know almost nothing about the internals of an engine, but would that also raise concern for the crank bearings (or main bearings?) possibly accounting for excessive copper?

I'm not trying to create any hysteria, but I thought maybe some here with more intimate knowledge of these cars specifically could shed some light?

I get it that the copper is soft and doesn't cause harm itself and the iron is the one to watch for being an indication of internal wear compounding itself with the oil I guess. Just curious about that copper level.

Thanks!

Oil Report.jpg

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
To my knowledge, that level of copper is due to valve stem guide break in wear. Totally normal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fastfwd

Fastfwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT 2012 Honda Accord V6 Coupe EX-L Nav
I had another analysis done since this one and it was good too. The car has been running great. Not consuming too much oil in my opinion. Nothing unusual.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Lol. I had 3 oil changes by 9400 miles. No perceptible oil burn between changes.
Sponsored