TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Chevy is claiming a 2.76 or something silly. The Mclaren 720s reports a time of 2.8 0-60. That's a mid engine car with 700hp, with all the state of the art goodies to boot, and better tires. Not to mention it's even lighter. I can't buy that. Sure it will be a lot quicker due to the setup but I can't buy that it will be quicker than a similarly setup car that weighs less, more advanced, and has more horsepower. So yeah Chevy loves to make things up. They know most of their buyers will never go over 4000rpms so they can get away with it. Don't buy the hype train on this. That's what people are buying
Good to see another person who knows their shit. No way the C8 will break 3 seconds, I dont give a rats ass what BS Chevy are spewing.
Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Right now, the GT350/GT350R is proven. the C8 isn't. Hell, the C8 Z51 probably will be slower than the 2019 Z06. Actually, make that WILL be slower.
Looking at the fact that a C7 Z51 is faster on track than a GT350, I think a base C8 is a given winner, proven or not.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Chevy is claiming a 2.76 or something silly. The Mclaren 720s reports a time of 2.8 0-60. That's a mid engine car with 700hp, with all the state of the art goodies to boot, and better tires. Not to mention it's even lighter. I can't buy that. Sure it will be a lot quicker due to the setup but I can't buy that it will be quicker than a similarly setup car that weighs less, more advanced, and has more horsepower. So yeah Chevy loves to make things up. They know most of their buyers will never go over 4000rpms so they can get away with it. Don't buy the hype train on this. That's what people are buying
Chevy isnt claiming a 2.76, they just claimed under 3. The guy from Engineering Explained stated its theoretically possible for it to do a 2.76 with the tires and gearing it has.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Good to see another person who knows their shit. No way the C8 will break 3 seconds, I dont give a rats ass what BS Chevy are spewing.
You think a manufacturer would make a claim they can't back up? If anything, the only thing that GM has done right in the past 10 years is performance cars.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You think a manufacturer would make a claim they can't back up? If anything, the only thing that GM has done right in the past 10 years is performance cars.
The cars they run to get these times can do it but production cars are slow maybe not much but they are.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We’ve been through this before so I’ll just let you keep that thought. Neither of us will still be on Mustang 6G when the last Camaro is built.
So gm is going make a camaro suv

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
According to a GM rep at a recent event. The C8 Z51 will just barely be below $70K. It sounds like it won't be a $5K option like the C7. If that's true, a $10K premium over a GT350 isn't insignificant and does not make it a clear winner over a GT350. Especially pending the true performance of the base and Z51 models. Time will tell.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Good, and what (un)popular GM vehicle wasn't manufactured? Meanwhile the Mustang hasn't stopped in almost 60 year...
You gotta admit that there were a few years in there where it shoulda been. And for the record, I owned a few of those years (‘74, ‘76, early 90s)

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You gotta admit that there were a few years in there where it shoulda been. And for the record, I owned a few of those years (‘74, ‘76, early 90s)
Nah.. THE MUSTANG II KING COBRA was the coolest 135 hp V-8 car ever!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Chevy isnt claiming a 2.76, they just claimed under 3. The guy from Engineering Explained stated its theoretically possible for it to do a 2.76 with the tires and gearing it has.
0-60 is a street time. So you’re saying that with the perfect tires in the perfect conditions, on the perfect road with the perfect temps, and a burnout you could theoretically do a 0-60 in less than 3 secs? Ok.. and I could make my dick 10 inches long if I stretched it far and hard enough. In theory of course

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
I'll never admit that, publicly or privately. Every Mustang ever made is cooler than every Camaro. Maybe you forgot that this was a Mustang forum?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You haven’t seen the Blazer RS?

And yes, that is a joke.
Not really a joke looks like a camaro stung by a bee look at the interior center dash ducts to keep your belly button cold
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.