OP

Geo2019

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
What size wheels do you have ? I think only an 18" mini-spare will fit into the wheel well, at least securely. And the jack and wrench that comes with the kit doesn't look easy to use.
But i do not need a spare. I would be happy with a lug wrench and jack since i can plug the hole myself in 20 minutes and inflate it with the provided inflator.
I can buy those but now need to figure out how to secure them there. Since otherwise they would be bouncing all over the compartment. I just wish Ford would have done it for me.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
But i do not need a spare. I would be happy with a lug wrench and jack since i can plug the hole myself in 20 minutes and inflate it with the provided inflator.
I can buy those but now need to figure out how to secure them there. Since otherwise they would be bouncing all over the compartment. I just wish Ford would have done it for me.
You can probably get the OEM jack and wrench on ebay. A regular lug wrench and heavy duty scissor jack would be better but I don't know how to secure those. Most tire punctures generate slow leaks and a 12V electric air compressor will usually buy you enough time to get over to Discount Tire or equiv.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I am not sure what was included with my 19, I guess I should check.

I bought one of these Safety Seal kits when I bought my first new truck in 1999, I used my last plug a few weeks ago and the box would not close easily with all of the artifacts I collected. If Ford didn't include a kit equal to or better than the SS kit I will buy another and split the plugs with the kit in the truck.

70-700-650x489.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure what was inlcuded with my 19, I guess I should check.

I bought one of these Safety Seal kits when I bought my first new truck in 1999, I used my last plug a few weeks ago and the box would not close easily with all of the artifacts I collected. If Ford didn't include a kit equal to or better than the SS kit I will buy another and split the plugs with the kit in the truck.

70-700-650x489.jpg
I have this kit, carried it in my work truck mostly used it on the wife's car, My tractor, and other peoples tires. But it works good :like:

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I am not sure what was included with my 19, I guess I should check.

70-700-650x489.jpg
Bought one over 15 years ago and have plugged at least 10 tires with it, works great.

DILLIGAFTXVET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There is a spare tire kit you can get from Ford that comes with a jack and lug wrench. It doesn’t fit the performance pack cars though. Automotive Authority makes a kit for the performance pack cars so I got one from them. Fits under the floorboard in the trunk too.
Thanks for the info, i'll look into it. I do have PP1 on my car.

Sponsored

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
My 20" OEM tire fits in the trunk if I remove the trunk's rear trim panel (4 plastic trim nuts). but it sticks up above the trunk floor. An 18" wheel with the same circumference is 1" inch narrower, so sticks up less. I believe I will just use the 18" for trips out of town.

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
I got a flat. In a past i would just plug it.
But i can not find jack and wrench. Only inflator with a sealant but as far as i know sealant is not permanent but plug is.

Do i have to purchase jack and wrench? That sucks since there is plenty of space in the compartment.
Why can't you just inflate it , a bit, and then plug it?

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
+1 for the Automotive Authority wheel/tire. It is the best spare for PP1.
Ditto that for the AA spare. I had a inner sidewall separation on LR tire on I-69 just north of Marshall (MI). Tire had less than 11k miles w/zero track time. Needless to say, all the goop in the world would not have fixed that bad boy. It took more time to download/upload stuff in the trunk than to change the tire. In full disclosure, I did have a DeWalt 3/4" impact ... don't leave home w/out it!!!

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
That is why the first thing I did after I ordered my "18 was to order the spare tire kit. The only thing you get oem is the inflater/sealant kit. I had a chuck hole gash the sidewall and if I had just the inflator/sealant kit I would have had to call a tow.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
The best way to fix is with a patch, which means dismounting the tire. Plugs are old school.
Sponsored