RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks! I have a 2019 GT350 that I replaced the OEM wheels and tires with an after-market set that I am very pleased with. The OEM set is sitting in my garage collecting dust, and I'm wondering if I should just sell them? I don't plan on tracking the car and it's not a DD. My initial thought was to keep them if I ever sold the car down the road (original equipment). I realize I could easily make this decision without consulting the group, but I am interested to see if anyone else may have gone down this path.

The original wheels and tires have ~12 miles on them (dealership to my house). I searched the forum for any similar posts and could not find any threads. Perhaps I entered the wrong parameters?

Thanks!

Tim
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Well lots of the collector cars from the 60’s and back and perhaps into the early 80’s, having the OEM wheels does matter to a buyer. Not saying the 350 will get that way and it might take a while, but a buyer 20 years from now would probably want the OEM ones. I’d keep them. They are unique to the 350.

OP
OP
RugbyRef

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well lots of the collector cars from the 60’s and back and perhaps into the early 80’s, having the OEM wheels does matter to a buyer. Not saying the 350 will get that way and it might take a while, but a buyer 20 years from now would probably want the OEM ones. I’d keep them. They are unique to the 350.
Thank you...much appreciated!

I wouldn't unless you sell them for a very good price.
Thanks! I honestly wouldn't know what to ask for them...:question:

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
You could also mount some all season tires on the original rims if you plan any fall or winter driving.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I say sell them. No reason to store crap you won't use for 3-5 years only to get rid of them after that time anyways.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I usually end up holding on to the stock wheels for a while with the same thoughts but ultimately end up selling them as I don't feel like storing them long term.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
i have my factory wheels with sensors for sale for $1000 and ive had a few interested but no big bites.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I also have my new take off wheels and tires sitting in my garage. My wife walked out there the other day and said "why are these brand new tires bald". You just have to laugh.

OP
OP
RugbyRef

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I also have my new take off wheels and tires sitting in my garage. My wife walked out there the other day and said "why are these brand new tires bald". You just have to laugh.
HAHAHA! My wife said exactly the same thing! The owner of the dealership where I bought the car is a good friend of ours. When my wife saw the stock tires sitting in the garage, she wanted me to call my buddy and ask him who was using the car before he sold it. :cwl:

Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Another in the "sell" camp! Tires have a limited shelf-life - so the value will only go down.

That said, I also have NO IDEA what the value of the rims/tires are. Do the wheels fit on any other vehicles, or are they GT350 specific?