markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Pinion angle?
Yes, like the differential bushings are torn or the center support is torn on the stock two piece shaft. When universal joints are angled the two pieces connected do not rotate at the same rate, so if the back of your trans and front of your differential are not parallel the load on the engine will vary making RPM vary and the ECU can see this as shuffle. CV or constant velocity joints solve this, but are usually weaker. The auto drive shaft have a CV going into the differential so it would be the back of the trans and output of the center support that would need to be parallel. Auto's don't have the shuffle logic in their calibrations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:UJoint1.png

What ever it is, the ECU is confused as it is going between torque source OSCMOD and decel/ dashpot, while accelerating.

At 7.5 psi you should be able to run .030 and not get spark blow out. Your load does indicate more like 15 PSI, that you should be at .028 or less, but as you said it's a bad incomplete tune.
Sai Li, Lund, PBD, AED any off them are fine, try reaching out, open tickets, and start a conversation, see who you like the best, who responds the fastest, and go with that one. Promise you it will be a tough choice. Any of them should have you sorted out in no time.
Sponsored

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium/Auto, Oxford/Redline
Hmm I thought about lowering it everyone said .28 hellion and the tuner company I can try dropping to .24 and see if that helps with the dialing in on the tune are you running a jms bp or return system or just stock
I'm running E85 with a Sai Li fuel system. Sai also tuned my car and was in the car with me when we first started tuning it on wastegate pressure (7.5 lbs), and it was stuttering and breaking up badly under boost. He recognized it as spark blowout and directed me to tighten the gap, which solved the problem. Don't know if that's what you're experiencing, but it's a simple thing to check. Good luck either way, hope you get it sorted out.

OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
Thanks everyone for the input

I’m sure it’s not a pinion or drive shaft problem the car has no miles on it basically and it’s never been launched or anything crazy. And throughout the tuning it depended on the tune at the time the timing would stay 0 for the whole time and car felt good till the update tune came around and we would be back to negative or positive timing depending on the tune. So I know the car can run correctly lol so that’s what makes me believe it’s 100% the tune and not mechanical or it would have been a constant problem.

As far as tuners go I was kinda hoping one would chime in lol. Also I wanted to see what you guys where running and your experience but I’m hearing at lot of good things about Lund and aed on the streets.

OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
Here are some pictures of her some are during the build in my apartment complex parking lot lol let’s just say that sucked
9ECD6F72-A511-44F0-B36F-7D3AC32F3817.png
2AEC207E-61C7-4946-9934-9E204F2DB799.jpeg
CC52C846-CDBA-4B80-A4C2-1F5DDAB03DAD.jpeg
7CF98163-5996-4DDE-A2F7-A9AC65680F2F.jpeg
B5E346FD-A16B-4B02-A501-DB0F789FDF03.jpeg
A9036A65-89CF-47C3-BFB5-35D6F21D7B5F.png
836CED05-073D-4789-9052-D3107A5F7B3D.jpeg

OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
So a quick follow up it was the tuner the failed lol still haven’t heard from them I can kiss that money goodbye

I went with Lund and the first tune the car was 100% better 3 tunes in and they told me to add some octane booster so I did and the log after that they said I now how a vacuum leak lol it’s idling 20% more rich than last log
I can’t find anything as far as a leak vacuum gauge is the same as before I ran the octane out filled it up and they say it’s still there makes no sense I’m perfect and then just by adding some octane All the sudden I have a leak anyone else have this issue? My st fuel is around 1.14 range it was .90 to 80s a few logs back

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
So a quick follow up it was the tuner the failed lol still haven’t heard from them I can kiss that money goodbye

I went with Lund and the first tune the car was 100% better 3 tunes in and they told me to add some octane booster so I did and the log after that they said I now how a vacuum leak lol it’s idling 20% more rich than last log
I can’t find anything as far as a leak vacuum gauge is the same as before I ran the octane out filled it up and they say it’s still there makes no sense I’m perfect and then just by adding some octane All the sudden I have a leak anyone else have this issue? My st fuel is around 1.14 range it was .90 to 80s a few logs back
If you are reading the vacuum off of the PP dash guage, that is using inferred data, and probably isn't accurate enough to pick up a leak.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I would do a kam reset and if shorterms go high after car is warmed up either u have a vaccum leak or your maf curve is off.

OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
I would do a kam reset and if shorterms go high after car is warmed up either u have a vaccum leak or your maf curve is off.
It does go higher once car is warmed up it starts at 80 90 range and seems to settle at 1.05 to 1.09 range ones it’s hot I’ll try another cam reset it’s been awhile since I have done it Lund just sent me a tune to try and see if it changes anything I’ll report back with findings thanks for your reply’s guys

OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
I’m still running with imrc I plan on just running a holly efi mani to clean it up I figured if I’m going to take it off to delete them I mine as well change it for something else. So maybe it’s the imrc acting up ?

Sponsored

supertuner700

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kurt
Vehicle(s)
2019n Mustang GT
I’m still running with imrc I plan on just running a holly efi mani to clean it up I figured if I’m going to take it off to delete them I mine as well change it for something else. So maybe it’s the imrc acting up ?
What did you find?

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt

You may have had a coupling blow off under boost now causing your leak. I made several pulls on dyno and a few passes at the track THEN had a coupling come off so it’s possible. Recheck everything.

OP
OP

Hardmoney07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 pp gt
You may have had a coupling blow off under boost now causing your leak. I made several pulls on dyno and a few passes at the track THEN had a coupling come off so it’s possible. Recheck everything.
No it was a crappy tune every time I wouldn’t recommend them ever
Go with lund they are awesome and had it dialed in in 2 tunes