Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How? Do you have a pulse still?
I mostly end up doing motorway driving, and there's usually a bunch of Peugeots blocking the entire carriageway, so all four lanes end up doing 20 under the limit and there's absolutely no way past them :headbang:

What also helps the old MPG is that this is my first RWD car, and my first proper performance car full stop. I know what these things are capable of, so I'm still taking things fairly easy until I get 100% confident with everything it does. Perhaps a track day or two to let me properly find the limits will help.........
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I'm not a bit impressed by how much money someone spent to buy a car. Any fool with money can buy an expensive ride. What impresses me is a car that someone built up with their own time, sweat, and ideas.
So who do you know that built their own car? Not many of those around. BTW, based on your original statement, you did imply you cared about how much money someone spent. In your reply to me you doubled down by saying "built" as that implies more money spent. Next time just say what you mean instead of dancing around it.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
And Mercedes all look like Toyotas, Porsches are squashed VW Beetles, and Audis all look exactly like...every other Audi.
Audi R8 looks like every other Audi (or a TT for that matter)???, 911 or 718 looks like a Beetle??? AMG GT looks like a Toyota??? Or were you saying you could find any car with similarities to another? Maybe were just joking?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I drive nothing like a Granny....my wife makes me slow down in our Honda Pilot. I don't drive like an idiot, but why would you own a car like a Mustang and drive it like a golf cart?
Maybe just knowing that you don't always have to drive it like a golf cart. Knowing what it can do does not make it any slower just because you're not using all of its performance very often. I dare suggest that even what you consider your hard driving isn't pushing all of your Mustang's performance limits.

Have some fun people, you can cruise @70 in anything.
Having a little fun with what's in essence a seriously dangerous device implies having responsibility and enough wisdom to pick appropriate times and places to have that sort of fun.

Oh and if you want to look good arriving, sell the mustang and get a Porsche, Merc or Audi. Not only will you look good, but they will know you spent a lot of money doing so. :like:
I can't speak for others, but "looking good arriving" in the context of Porsche, Merc, and Audi is a negative as far as I'm concerned. Too close to "pretentious" (for me), or, if you prefer, "bought mainly for the image value".

Norm

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So who do you know that built up their own car?
Fixed. You left out one rather important word.

Some of us do or have done more of our own "building-up" than others.

Norm

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Let me be clear. I'm 44 years old, have had my fair share fast cars ranging from R Volvo's to MB AMG's. However although my car is a GT PP1, I tend to really like to cruise. I don't feel the absolute need to smoke the tires at every stoplight nor drive like Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder. I love the fact when I want to put my foot down, the power is unleashed but normally I just cruise. Maybe because I think she looks soo good.

Anyone else feel the same?

Nope, my 19 is the fastest car I have driven and the fastest I have owned, I nail it every opportunity I get but don't smoke the tires. I am going to get a ticket but hopefully not taken to jail.

48321451641_bd2c6cbabd_h.jpg

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Maybe just knowing that you don't always have to drive it like a golf cart. Knowing what it can do does not make it any slower just because you're not using all of its performance very often. I dare suggest that even what you consider your hard driving isn't pushing all of your Mustang's performance limits.
No disputing what you are saying here. On the street, very hard to push it, but on particular back roads or a road course you can push it. I am not a pro so my push is far less than what the car truly can do.

Having a little fun with what's in essence a seriously dangerous device implies having responsibility and enough wisdom to pick appropriate times and places to have that sort of fun.

So true! Some seem to not have any fun....based on comments in this thread.

I can't speak for others, but "looking good arriving" in the context of Porsche, Merc, and Audi is a negative as far as I'm concerned. Too close to "pretentious", or "bought mainly for the image value".

You are going down the old "slippery slope" with your comments. Anything beyond a Civic could be pretentious, right? Certainly a Mustang rumbling up to the valet would seem as pretentious as a "quiet" Porsche. It is all in the eye of the beholder. If you rolled up in a 911 RS I would want to talk to you. Someone else may be envious. Yet another would use pretentious, but how would you know it fits? if the person is a millionaire would that word still ring true? You would not know if that was the case or the person rented it right? Be careful of judging something or someone solely based on what you think you know.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Fixed. You left out one rather important word.

Some of us do or have done more of our own "building-up" than others.

I did not leave the word out. Was just using what the original poster used. Even with your added word, my point is still the same. BTW, I have no issues with someone doing it, but the original poster may if you did it just to make people think you spent a lot of money apparently.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I been hammering mine each trip out and its a daily.. E85 in the tank, to fun not to hammer down til a buck and change... Police been out and about more recently on a stretch of road we roll race

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Granny to Average - Cruising on the Highway...DD to work.

Aggressive - Rural Country Roads quite often.

Maniac - I'm not good enough to drive like that. Seriously. I'm just not good enough to drive this car to it's limits. That's why I'll never boost it.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
All depends what environment I'm in. On a single cruise I could be driving like a granny or WOT! My cars life time mpg is 16 mpg and only 11 mpg since the supercharger install so I guess overall no, I don't drive like a granny.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Funny that you think they are the same. As for overrated you are welcome to your opinion. I think the automotive world in general disagrees with you. The basic shape started with the 356 and currently with the 718/911 is the longest lasting design ever. Not saying the design is not without some flaws either,, but not even our Mustangs can come close to that. Current Mustangs are pretty darn nice looking cars and a nice balance of performance vs value, but really are not in the same league as a 911 at least in IMHO. As for relevance to this thread, I drove my Cayman hard, I drive the Mustang hard. I drive like a granny - check that - I drive the speed limit - when my family is in the car,

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Next time just say what you mean instead of dancing around it.
Money doesn't impress me. Effort, creativity, dedication, and artistry do.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Yes. Kinda irritating stoplight to stoplight, when you have a friggin Nissan Rogue all over your ass. Little do they know : )

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Let's break it down. On an average daily drive the only way to drive "spirited" is to also drive like an A-hole. My typical drive is mostly on 35-45 MPH speed limit surface streets with moderate traffic. If I open it up I'm just going to catch up to the car that's half a block in front of me, and the only way around that is to swerve about changing lanes constantly and then I'm going to get caught at the next red light anyway. I hate people who drive like that and I internally laugh at them as they get caught at lights and for all their effort end up at the exact same place as the rest of us just putzing along at speed limit + a couple.

Open road is a different story, and I will occasionally alter my route home to a less populated route too allow a little fun.

Bottom line - hooning around in normal commuter traffic is both discourteous and pointless.
Sponsored