W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Blimey... another thing I agree with MarkS about!

:thumbsup:

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Going to be a great one. A bargain if you think about what you are getting for the money. I expect that UK C8 Corvettes will be sold with the Z51 package as standard and a starting OTR price of £75-80k. However, who will sell them and look after them? It won't be Vauxhall.

Looks like a home run in terms of what you get price/performance despite visually not being the most cohesive design or prettiest thing ever created.
Based on previous experience of Vettes, they'll bring it in in a high spec and the entry price will be nearer £100K than £75k - especially as the RHD elephant is no longer in the room. They'll probably get a lot of new punters in them and lose some of the trad Vette buyers. For me, whichever car I buy has to be my daily driver so the C8 would be out realistically (price and practicality versus front-engine with big boot). Not that keen on it either...but I said the same about C5 and C6 but still bought them!

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
No, I think the reason they can price the car so low for the base model is because they have done the math and expect to sell these globally, and enjoy similar success to what the Mustang has achieved.

I anticipate GM investing in a small dealer network throughout Europe to be able to sell these and service these properly, and I expect the car to come in under £80k starting in the UK. That doesn't mean you will really find a C8 with zero options to actually buy it at that price, so most will realistically be priced well above £80k and probably pushing £90k initially.

Sponsored

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Have to say RHD makes it appealing for a daily driver (I have a C7 convertible now) but the styling doesnt really do it for me, and i much prefer a manual gearbox. But price is a big factor. Will we get the base V8, or have to stump up far more for a hybrid to keep those evil CO2s under control? At £75k starting point, it would not be much more than the C7 with an auto box, and a bargain. At £100k its not going to sell too well

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
well manual isn't an option even in the base model in the states so you'll have to make do with an 8 speed dct regardless of which version we get, but i don't think we'll be forced down the top end hybrid route i think it'll be more like base + entertainment + sports packages same as ford did with the mustang.

have to say so far its not looking good for the 1 uk dealer support though. I emailed chevvy eu asking them about it they said here's the email address contact our uk dealer, i emailed that dealer a week ago and so far haven't heard anything from them even though their website now says "taking cash deposits on the 2020 corvette"

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
No, I think the reason they can price the car so low for the base model is because they have done the math and expect to sell these globally, and enjoy similar success to what the Mustang has achieved.

I anticipate GM investing in a small dealer network throughout Europe to be able to sell these and service these properly, and I expect the car to come in under £80k starting in the UK. That doesn't mean you will really find a C8 with zero options to actually buy it at that price, so most will realistically be priced well above £80k and probably pushing £90k initially.
I cannot see GM investing in dealers as they only pulled all there Chevrolet dealers out of U.K. /Europe a few years ago and now the only place to get a Chevy Ian Allan motors he also sells Ssang Yong cars ,and 4 other places that can service them in U.K.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
I really like it liked the c7 too just no rhd so ruled it out.

I think they're talking of the base model in the states being sub 60k if they bring it over here at 60k they'll hit a home run any higher and it wont really sell.
I’d be very shocked at a £60k price as old C7 is £72k , but 60 is where it should be

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
There's some stuff I don't like. Not too keen on the rear aspect it's too fussy and don't like the "Allegro" suare wheel :)

Sponsored

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can live with the front, but the rear.........

tenor.gif

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Dear me that’s ugly from behind! At $60k you can forgive the cheap materials and slightly unusual looks. At £90k you just buy a 911 surely.

OP
OP
hinch

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Dear me that’s ugly from behind! At $60k you can forgive the cheap materials and slightly unusual looks. At £90k you just buy a 911 surely.
god no

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
The detailing's too fussy (as is/was the C7) but that's still no reason to step into an uber-Beetle... As for price, at the moment we've got a double whammy of crap exchange rate combined with the age-old problems of duty on US imports and manufacturers being a bit cheeky. If the madness-that-is-Brexit ever happens, it's possible a trade deal will reduce the duty although who knows what'll happen to the exchange rate.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I think the car looks great, just wouldn't buy it as auto only.
Madness is the 10% import tariffs and higher on pickups.
Sponsored