Sponsored

MagnaFlow Trux and muffler delete

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt
I was wondering is anyone running muffler delete with the magnaflow tru xpipe? Im curious on how it sounds compare to just a regular xpipe.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It will be a lot quieter. The Tru-X is meant to kill rasp and volume. My overall volume is about the same as before after doing a cat delete and Tru-X at the same time, rasp went down.

OP
OP

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be a lot quieter. The Tru-X is meant to kill rasp and volume. My overall volume is about the same as before after doing a cat delete and Tru-X at the same time, rasp went down.
You have any videos with the tru x and muffler delete with stock cats?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
No, my set up has been through a few stages and none have ever been muffler delete.

Stock
GT catback
GT catback with shorties
GT catback with shorties and Ford Performance Touring mufflers
GT catback with shorties, Steeda X-pipe, Ford Performance Touring mufflers
GT catback with shorties, cat delete, Steeda X, Tru-X, Ford Performance Touring mufflers

Tru-X went on at the same times as I got rid of the cats, but the point was that cat deletes are supposed to add a lot of volume and adding the Tru-X at the same time kept it just about where it was before that. You can check out some recordings of it at different points here (I would link them each but I don't want it to embed so many videos).

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I run a tru-x type muffler with no mufflers and its still not a real loud system, but sounds very good with zero rasp and no drone. Loud in WOT, but a good sound when normal driving. I currently have stock cats too.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Plain X-Pipe even with some of the louder axle backs has given people issues with drone, too much rasp, etc. Muffler delete sounds like a situation where you would want a Tru X or Vibrant resonators with a regular X to tone it down.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
If like an x pipe and want no drone you need to run solo performance exhaust.

OP
OP

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If like an x pipe and want no drone you need to run solo performance exhaust.
I did run theirs. I had their catback and then their high flows. It got a loud tone around 2,250 rpms so i switched to borla ataks.

OP
OP

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I run a tru-x type muffler with no mufflers and its still not a real loud system, but sounds very good with zero rasp and no drone. Loud in WOT, but a good sound when normal driving. I currently have stock cats too.
The solo performance trux muffler is different from like magnaflow. So i was wondering more on who had muffler deletes and the magnaflow trux

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
The solo performance trux muffler is different from like magnaflow. So i was wondering more on who had muffler deletes and the magnaflow trux
Yes, I understand this question and answered it above as well. I run a TRU-X type muffler with the SOLO Performance mid pipes (they are a muffler delete system as you know). Yes, it has the J-Pipes, which help nullify the drone, but in terms of loudness, it is not loud at all. Nowhere near as aloud as the full SOLO system especially with hi-flow CATS. Its a smooth sounding setup. Loud only on WOT. I also have shorty headers.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I understand this question and answered it above as well. I run a TRU-X type muffler with the SOLO Performance mid pipes (they are a muffler delete system as you know). Yes, it has the J-Pipes, which help nullify the drone, but in terms of loudness, it is not loud at all. Nowhere near as aloud as the full SOLO system especially with hi-flow CATS. Its a smooth sounding setup. Loud only on WOT. I also have shorty headers.
I've had the full solo system with their high flow cats but it had a really loud high pitch noise inside the car and drone. I tried adjusting the jpipes but it didnt seem like it did much. I might use the solo performance muffler delete and use either the magnaflow tru x, which someone told me is a lot different than solos but i still think it will be the same or ill do xpipe with 2 dynomax race bullet resonators and shorty headers.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I promise the Tru-X or any box style X-pipe enclosed muffler will kill a ton of drone and quiet it down immensely. Resonators help to but not as much as a Tru-X.
Sponsored