Sponsored

Is Boostane really that bad for our cars?

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
most additives with jack up your CATS...If you run a catless system by all means run it
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I use a half of a 15oz bottle per tankful.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I run the Lucas oil octane booster as well. 1 bottle every fill up. The car seems to like it, without issue.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Have any member used the new VP Racing Unleaded Octanium?
Safe for Cats & 02 Sensors,

Last edited:

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Ive used lucas octane and torco since car was new never had 1 single problem car has 12,950 miles

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
15,300 miles on Boostane and ZERO issues

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I run 1-3 ounces every fill up for safety on my 93 tune for good fuel quality and 13-16 ounces every fill up on my 100 octane tune.

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Hasn't Demonology been using it like 500 passes and 20k miles? He even did dyno on it vs several fuels with better results...and it fools the Demon computer into the 100 octane mode easily.....

I've been running a 97-98 mix since I'm on my 3rd engine using it with 93 for safety. As I settle in I usually fill up at half tank to keep the pump nice and cool and for fuel weight. I'm going to get some 4oz bottles I can carry and easily toss 4oz in with 8 gallons ( my average fillup) to make 97-98 (.42oz per gallon) then drop back to 2oz per 8 gallon which is roughly 95ish....maybe go back to 4 in heat of summer.....even at 4oz I can get 8 top offs per can...at 2oz 16...not bad for a little safety....
My plugs have had some orange deposits ( what's the difference from carbon?) As long as the tip gets hot enough to self clean without detonation aka heat range correct for application I cant see the difference....
We will see how long the O2s go I have long tubes now with extensions what part number do people keep on hand for a spare in 2018 up not like we can just run up and grab one? Passenger side auto? Isnt that the longest so should work both sides now with extensions already in and the adjustment for those made in tune?
I want to get to the minimum amount that is adding about a degree of timing on WOTs with zero knock ( hopefully that's .26 oz per gallon) ever....run .32-.46 (96-99) during hotter times and track days.....
Like the other guy said plugs and O2s cheaper than engines especially at 12 to 1 on boost....I have a HF plug cleaner that's actually damn good at cleaning them up anyway....knocks all deposits off oil carbon or boostane...reset gap and put in tool box ready to swap out on the next check....

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
It's not meant to be a permanent fuel solution and absolutely coats the engines internals in gunk and varnish. If you have a 2018+ I would not risk that cars fuel system running it. Direct injection is very sensative and needs to be kept clean and Fed with good fuel.

Check this out look at how fucked up his cylinderwalls are

Building a street Car is very different than a "race car" or dyno queen.

If you are knocking on 93 lower your boost, dial back the timing, run colder spark plugs, Run alcohol injection or pull the motor and buy low compression pistons...

Or send it to the moon and melt a piston and just factor replacement shortblocks as a maintenance item...

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
It's not meant to be a permanent fuel solution and absolutely coats the engines internals in gunk and varnish. If you have a 2018+ I would not risk that cars fuel system running it. Direct injection is very sensative and needs to be kept clean and Fed with good fuel.

Check this out look at how fucked up his cylinderwalls are

Building a street Car is very different than a "race car" or dyno queen.

If you are knocking on 93 lower your boost, dial back the timing, run colder spark plugs, Run alcohol injection or pull the motor and buy low compression pistons...

Or send it to the moon and melt a piston and just factor replacement shortblocks as a maintenance item...
I cant lower my boost already have largest pulley, pulling timing actually hurts the pistons as well, I run 2 steps colder plugs and non projected, I could add meth injection but that's a crapshoot too....
Pulling engine, I do plan to build my last core and probably will drop back to 11 to 1.....if this engine blows due to boostane or like the 2 previously without it they just were, so far its lived longer than without...lol....
If the boostane gets me 3-6 months that's longer than any other long block did and gives me time to forge my last core but as seen in many examples in this thread many have run it to 15k....
If I could get 6 months out of this stock junker engine I'd be ecstatic.....and thank boostane for its service....

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I cant lower my boost already have largest pulley, pulling timing actually hurts the pistons as well, I run 2 steps colder plugs and non projected, I could add meth injection but that's a crapshoot too....
Pulling engine, I do plan to build my last core and probably will drop back to 11 to 1.....if this engine blows due to boostane or like the 2 previously without it they just were, so far its lived longer than without...lol....
If the boostane gets me 3-6 months that's longer than any other long block did and gives me time to forge my last core but as seen in many examples in this thread many have run it to 15k....
If I could get 6 months out of this stock junker engine I'd be ecstatic.....and thank boostane for its service....
Are you running a 2018+?

You shouldnt be detonating on 11:1 with all those mods unless your tunes fucked

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Are you running a 2018+?

You shouldnt be detonating on 11:1 with all those mods unless your tunes fucked
Yes its 19 A10 3.15 gears...it keeps blowing up on the 2-3 shift when the trans tq and traction control pull timing. In the case of these engines you want the lowest boost possible without a drastic timing pull....the EB 2650 is incredibly efficient down low so when it shifts and falls back to bottom of 3rd with a 28 inch tire and 3.15 gears it pulls the rpm WAY down....loud goes thru roof it tries to save itself by going full knock retard but it rattles the piston audibly anyway and the engine is then done....
I cant buy a larger blower pulley nor smaller outer ring for my drive system which already cost 2k or I would.....its EB and Lund but there is simply nothing that can be done right now I have to stay away from the 2-3 or do it will TC off and skid off to far side ditch haha on 305 nitro nt05s...
I literally cant remove more boost or I would....blower is viscous down low....boostane was desperation after having the 3rd long block in 2k miles with literally 1600 of those break in for each......however I am considering spending even more money for an ATI balancer ( even though mine cost $917 they only make a 15 over nothing else I called ) with a 10 over or innovators west 10 over....probably drop back to 9ish on a lund tune then put the 3.50 I have already back on for 3-4 track days a year with perhaps a ms109 mix...
Sponsored