Sponsored

Ebay Headers

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Wish they were still 130ish dollars, although they do have a listing for that price point that says they will fit 11-15 5.0's. Odd.
Sponsored

cookymunster_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt grabber blue
My friend bought the 2m fab headers when they where 289$, 12k miles later they still look great the look almost identical like my stainless works headers but without all the branding

Sponsored

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
The headers are on, engine mounts on, starter is in, battery is back in, and almost done.

The only issue I’m having is the exhaust.
I have BBK off road midpipes and a Steeda x-pipe. I cut about 2” off the BBK midpipes where they meet the X-pipe and about an inch off the muffler side of it, but the x-pipe is still too long. I feel that if I keep cutting, I’ll run in to a bend and won’t be able to bolt things together.

My second issue is that the steering shaft rubs against the driver side header. I have wacked it with a hammer, but it doesn’t seem to be denting.

Any advice?
Did the o2 extensions require "splicing". The website says MAY be required. I'm not a fan of "splicing".

lootinleoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
After reading these do seem very very tempting and if I found them correctly the price still is not bad at all....my question is...what if I want to go catted? Has anyone ran these headers with cats if so what did you get parts wise or what does anyone recommend?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2019-...del:GT&hash=item2acafc4e55:g:SDkAAOSwzINa7nAP

All I see is off-road versions is there any that are catted? I mean I like loud shit but I dunno is it too obnoxiously loud running off-road/catless?

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
After reading these do seem very very tempting and if I found them correctly the price still is not bad at all....my question is...what if I want to go catted? Has anyone ran these headers with cats if so what did you get parts wise or what does anyone recommend?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2019-Mustang-GT-5-0-GT350-2M-Fabrication-Catless-Long-Tube-Headers-1-7-8/183794159189?fits=Year:2017|Model:Mustang|Submodel:GT&hash=item2acafc4e55:g:SDkAAOSwzINa7nAP

All I see is off-road versions is there any that are catted? I mean I like loud shit but I dunno is it too obnoxiously loud running off-road/catless?
Make no mistake, it can be loud af.

Dweisman429

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did the o2 extensions require "splicing". The website says MAY be required. I'm not a fan of "splicing".
Mine did not...however mine is a 16. I thought that i had read there is difference between the extensions for 15-17 vs 18-up.

I see is off-road versions is there any that are catted? I mean I like loud shit but I dunno is it too obnoxiously loud running off-road/catless?
I don't think the 2m offer a cat version. But they would probably be high flow cats and not do much to quiet it.

Several here have recommend adding some resonators. I got a set of vibrant 9" to try. It's still going to be loud, but should take some of the edge off of it.

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
now.... i have another question here...

2M offers 2 different headers... CHEF style and JOB style... what's the differences between them????

s-l1600.jpg
IMG_1126.jpg

the description is pointless because they basically have the same info lol

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
The one set looks like it has v-band connectors on the collectors, the other just looks like they use slip on connections.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
well, besides the obvious differences... one is cheaper than the other... i'm curious about performance difference, fitting, sound, etc...

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
The 2m chef style long tube headers are trash. The driver side hits the steering shaft and the right side hits the AC line. You have to dent these things all up to make them fit. Maybe the job style fits better, I don't know. But these are junk and we took them off my car before I even put any miles on it and now they're collecting dust in my shed LOL.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
So I know there's a thread out there on maximizer headers..
Anyone have experience with these?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2015-2017-M...ash=item2aaa587fd7:g:SDkAAOSwzINa7nAP&vxp=mtr

These are crazy cheap.. Look like good quality in the pics. Stainless steel as well and lifetime warranty

In terms of the price.. They are relatively on par.
If you manually get headers made, they're probably around this price, including fab, material, etc.

When you buy some of the bigger brands, you pay for the name sometimes lol

Edit: These are also Made in USA. Not any China garbage!
To be honest dude with the amount of time and work it is to install headers id go with a proven brand. With headers what you pay for is the collector... A good merge collector is really expensive and that what sets the good stuff from the junk.

All that said more than likely you will make power but at 500.00... Id just get the texas speeds. Those are proven great quality, they have a physical address and phone number so you can call and talk to someone...

These ebay headers might be ffine but why risk it... There's a used set of Texas speeds in the classifieds right now for 200.00 more shipped...
Sponsored