Sponsored

Has anyone attempted a 'tuck-n-hide' in their engine bay?

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Stroud's kit is the one I used- both with a Fat House Fab mini battery/catch can setup and now Watson's trunk mounted kit. Definitely worth the effort.
Looks much better and provides plenty of room, in case anyone decides to add some twins.

i-DcqF5HP-XL.jpg
THAT looks awesome!

Approximately how long did it take you to hide all of the harnesses, etc.?
Sponsored

Turbotyla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
i also have used the stroud designs kit and was very impressed with it.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
THAT looks awesome!

Approximately how long did it take you to hide all of the harnesses, etc.?
Thanks

I worked on it over a weekend while doing some other wiring projects- but if I were to take a guess, I'd say 6-8 hours should get it done

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack

Sponsored

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Thanks

I worked on it over a weekend while doing some other wiring projects- but if I were to take a guess, I'd say 6-8 hours should get it done
Reviving this one. I looked and it appears that the Stroud kit is no longer available. I was hoping not to use the wheel well for the relo, but maybe move the battery to the trunk like some have done and relocate the fuse box, ecu etc to the original battery location. Any thoughts on kits or where to start guys?

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Any new engine bay tucks since last post?

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Any new engine bay tucks since last post?
Man, I expected to have mine done by now, but no such luck. I'm getting back on the car this week and that won't be too far into the to do list. I have a 19 and it was tough to find a company that still offers a kit, so my plan is to snip each wire on the fuse box and extend them one by one to reach the stock batter box. I'm doing a battery relo to the trunk and figure that's a great spot to move the fuse box to. Just a real PITA to do it one wire at a time, figure each length, etc. If anyone knows of any new kits for the 2018+ I'd love to hear it. I had originally bought the on1 or whoever turbo companies relo kit, but the 18+ bumper makes it so the box won't fit there.

Sponsored

RC2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 PP1 Convertible
Man, I expected to have mine done by now, but no such luck. I'm getting back on the car this week and that won't be too far into the to do list. I have a 19 and it was tough to find a company that still offers a kit, so my plan is to snip each wire on the fuse box and extend them one by one to reach the stock batter box. I'm doing a battery relo to the trunk and figure that's a great spot to move the fuse box to. Just a real PITA to do it one wire at a time, figure each length, etc. If anyone knows of any new kits for the 2018+ I'd love to hear it. I had originally bought the on1 or whoever turbo companies relo kit, but the 18+ bumper makes it so the box won't fit there.

Interested in seeing how you do you battery relocation. Although it doesn't look like it my battery is still there but with the wire moved around so they cant be seen. I bought a battery box and had plan to relocate to the trunk but decided against it for now.

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Interested in seeing how you do you battery relocation. Although it doesn't look like it my battery is still there but with the wire moved around so they cant be seen. I bought a battery box and had plan to relocate to the trunk but decided against it for now.
I have the Watson racing kit for the battery and pulled the stock subwoofer etc from the trunk, so I'm thinking that will be a nice place for it and keep the trunk clean. I have to be honest, the relo of the pcm and fuse box etc scares the crap out of me. I have to really sit down and measure out each wire to the box, the power and ground from the bus, etc and be sure it can all work before I start snipping the tangled mess of 100 wires under that dam fuse box. So much effort to move a 7x10 black box. I figure it's worth it because I'm not one to sell my toys and it will probably go to my son some day.

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Looks great btw RC! Engine bay looking really clean. I looked and the Armageddon kit is actually the one I have too, but they say no go on the 18+ due to the bumper shape.

Another question...does anyone know who has the covers that run up from the radiator support cover up the engine bay beside the fenders??

RC2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 PP1 Convertible