Sponsored

2020 EU Mustangs will lose power, get 55Y package

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Ok, back on topic. At least we get the opportunity to buy Mustangs in Europe. I'm thankful for that.
I'm sure there are those that would like to take that away from us. :bandit:
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks TN!

Someone really needs to have a word with Ford's marketing department..........they really can't get those colors right. I guess that supposed to be Grabber Lime!

Willow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Willow
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Wow, that's insane. As we know the environment can only be saved if normal people pay thousands of more euros to the government, which are really good in handling the money. :facepalm:
But I'm pretty sure Germany will have the last years before such crazy laws come to us too, thanks to the green hype that the regular car is the devil (who cares about planes, vessels, factories, etc).

And the dumbest part is, when you import an US car by yourself, you can skip most of the emission regulations...

@Willow: I'm pretty sure your order will be updated soon. :lipssealed:
You are right!
Production September 3rd. I¨ll cross fingers about magneride
4B47D07F-5C7A-4190-8DB9-DE4568F4ED6D.jpeg

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Sounds like the UK can't Brexit fast enough to raise those numbers.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
"Ford Europe has announced a pair of special edition Mustangs to celebrate the 55th anniversary of the sports car. The top of the line special edition is the Ford Mustang55 that brings unique styling on the outside of the car and a highly optioned interior. The Ford Mustang55 is based on the 450 PS Mustang GT with a 5.0-liter V8 engine.

Ford fitted the Mustang55 with a unique bonnet and side-stripes along with black badging and an optional rear spoiler in black. The Ford Mustang55 is offered in both fastback and convertible body styles, and along with the stripes, it gets a black-painted roof for fastback models, and 19-inch alloy wheels in gloss black. The outside of the Mustang55 appears to be the same as the 2020 Mustang GT Black Shadow package available in Australia.

Mustang55 buyers also get upper and lower grilles in a two-tone look and a black pony badge. The 5.0 emblems on the fenders are black with a red dot in the middle. Mustang55 models with the 6-speed manual get a unique molded shift knob with automatic versions getting a unique alloy metal knob. The seats and door trims are in Alcantara. Interiors are also fitted with a carbon-fiber effect dashboard inserts, leather-wrapped center console, and knee bolster with gray stitching.

The 2.3-liter EcoBoost Mustang also gets some tweaks with door mirrors and spoiler in magnetic gray for the special edition. Also fitted are a gray California grille and 19-inch machined wheels. Active Valve Performance Exhaust is standard on the 2.3-liter EcoBoost model and can be programmed for specific times of the day. That is a great way to avoid waking the neighbors when you leave early for work. Pricing and exact availability are unknown".
55 Years EU 1.jpg
55 Years EU 2.jpg

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I think it's pretty disappointing that Ford is not mentioning the reduced horsepower or the elimination of the AT-Ecoboost. And they couldn't even make a real picture of the car but photoshopped some the 2018 reveal pictures...

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
I did debate about the 55 edition as my dealer gave me the spec when I ordered the Bullitt. After seeing the photos I think I am satisfied with my choice.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yeah the few vinyls are not really a big selling point. They could have at least go for a special grille or rearpanel.

Sponsored

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Also the alcantara seats, especially for the convertible, seems like a negative - pleather's just more practical. (Waits for cloth versus leather flamewar...but in Europe there is no cloth option as all cars are near enough Premium + PP spec)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I guess this 55 Edition is as close as we'll get to a California Special (I'm looking forward to seeing the interior trim updates.....like the alcantara). I'd have liked it to get the CS front grille, but the Ecoboost is getting that, instead.
55 Years Eco.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I get it that they have to screw with the emissions to remain compliant, but why on Earth does Ford Europe bother with all these lame ass 'special editions' that are nothing but watered down variations on the US market ones? Just give us the California Special and be done with it.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Afaik (from talking with the head of Mustang for Ford Europe) they are not offering complete US packages, because they have to get permits for alle the new parts (wheels, spoilers, rearpanels, etc) and this is pretty expensive. So they really have to calcute, if only 200 people will buy the package, will it actually be worth it.

And some parts not allowed at all in Europe, e.g. they had to go for the fake gascap rearpanels because the GT logo on the base us rearpanel does not fit the pedestrian protection laws. This is no joke, european laws are that crazy.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Afaik (from talking with the head of Mustang for Ford Europe) they are not offering complete US packages, because they have to get permits for alle the new parts (wheels, spoilers, rearpanels, etc) and this is pretty expensive. So they really have to calcute, if only 200 people will buy the package, will it actually be worth it.

And some parts not allowed at all in Europe, e.g. they had to go for the fake gascap rearpanels because the GT logo on the base us rearpanel does not fit the pedestrian protection laws. This is no joke, european laws are that crazy.
And the "test every part" rule is now made even worse by the WLTP emission tests. As a result, manufacturers are starting to only offer a small number of option bundles whereas they used to offer the bundle as a way of you saving a few euros/quid (by buying a few things you didn't need!) but still allow you to buy the individual options instead. They literally have to test with every combination and publish emissions info for each combination - versus what they used to do which was test with the lightest combination possible (the only exception oddly being bigger wheels/tyres where under the old rules they still had to publish different figures to make sure company car drivers paid as much tax as possible!).
Sponsored

Last edited: