Sponsored

Turbo kit tuning troubleshoot

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just had my sleeper kit installed on my 19 GT with ID1050x injectors, JMS bap on e85, no boost controller. Working with remote tuner now and can't seem to get the car to idle. Tuner requesting idle logs, and part throttle 5th gear logs but the car won't idle on first 3 revisions so it's impossible for me to get the data requested. Installer stating install was straight forward and tuner saying something must be wrong with car.

Anyone have any ideas what to look for? Did the obvious looking for leaks and found nothing. Kind of stuck as tuner says he can't do anything further unless I get those logs.

Pulling out what little hair I have left.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm thinking it would have no issue getting the car to idle with E85 on current setup. Think lund is just concerned with WOT without return on E85. Tuner took out 40% of fuel at idle from startup tune as it was so rich. Then said it was lean, added fuel again and still at same no idle issue.

The car actually idled when he leaned it way out if I walked the rpm down to idle rpm with my foot. Then once he added fuel back in, it wouldn't idle again, even by walking rpm down with my foot.

Not sure if it's tuning are mechanical. Not ready to spend another 650 on different tuner just yet but at the same time, can move further with this tuner until car idles.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Slight update. Installer loaded stock tune back into car and unlocked computer with his HP tuners software and tinkered with a tune. He was able to get the car to start up and idle/drive around the parking lot without issue. He is not willing to do a total tune on the car as he isn't comfortable messing with the 10R80. He said it just shows there is nothing wrong with the car.

but... in the end, car still not tuned.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Who is doing your remote tune?

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Terrible. Hope you get your money back. Move to Lund or PBD and call it a day.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The current remote tuner is a great tuner, just an issue with this current setup at the moment. Don't want to name any company. Hoping to resolve the issue.

Was posting on here for ideas trouble shooting setup/what it might be.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had a very reputable remote tuner do 10 revisions on my Whipple car and he couldn't get the car to idle or sort out a tip-in issue. After those 10 revisions over 2-3 days, he gave me my money back and I flashed my PBD tune back on it and has been running ever since. FWIW, I was also able to put a stock Whipple tune on the car with HPTuners and the car idled/drove fine. Some tuners just have bad days.

If it's a 10R80, use Lund. I think everyone else is still playing catch up.

Turbotyla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I'd put some money on it being PBD... my car idled like a cammed ls engine.

After all my neighbors felt bad for me trying to start my car multiple times daily at 4 am they all pooled money together to get me a new tune...... Just kidding it popped a ringland after being ignored by them for 4 months.

Needless to say they are not tuning my current setup.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I hear PBD has this setup 100% dialed in. They are the ones that tune Lebanon Ford's cars that come from dealer equipped with Whipple, Hellion etc type kits.

Not PBD. I'll let you know how it all goes with refund. Tuner did say he has a few hours into my tune so we shall see what I get back.

Sponsored

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
I hear PBD has this setup 100% dialed in. They are the ones that tune Lebanon Ford's cars that come from dealer equipped with Whipple, Hellion etc type kits.

Not PBD. I'll let you know how it all goes with refund. Tuner did say he has a few hours into my tune so we shall see what I get back.
I would have went with PBD on this turbo kit.
I had similar issues with Lund getting car to idle but he finally figured it out then we did some logs at different rpms on street and then WOT on dyno- this was with a VMP blower on my Cobra though.
Just ask for your money back if he cant get it to idle to tune it. Then go with PBD.

Last edited:

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
If tuner can’t get the car to idle I sure as hell wouldn’t trust wot with him.

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Shouldn't you update your username?
Meh.

update: was going to take the car to a local place but decided to give remote tuning one more shot. Ordered new tune last night from new tuner and got today. Loaded into car and it starts right up and revs smoothly.

I'll post further.