Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
gt.10.jpg

Let me be clear. I'm 44 years old, have had my fair share fast cars ranging from R Volvo's to MB AMG's. However although my car is a GT PP1, I tend to really like to cruise. I don't feel the absolute need to smoke the tires at every stoplight nor drive like Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder. I love the fact when I want to put my foot down, the power is unleashed but normally I just cruise. Maybe because I think she looks soo good.

Anyone else feel the same?
Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Sometimes? I still like to roast the rear tires every now and then :D. Definitely do not drive nearly aggressive compared to 10 years ago.

This car can take it esp when stock!

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Well when I say drive like a granny, I'm not talking about 10-15 mph under the speed limit. I'm more talking that I get on it occasionally but most of the time I just like to cruise and enjoy the ride.

Sponsored

mikgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT California Special
Yep, I drive pretty slow now. I rode motorcycles until 2 years ago, and after so many miles on Hayabusa's, everything on 4 wheels feels slow, so thats how I roll.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Nope....not at all.....

Sponsored

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
43 years here and yup, granny drive most of the time. I'm not sure that I even get above 4k all that often, especially in the morning. Its sad really.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Anyone else drive like a granny?
My wife does. You may have heard of her: The terror of Colorado Blvd? ...............go granny, go granny, go granny, go.

Last edited:

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
65 and I don't think age has anything to do with how you drive the car. This car was designed to excite and exhilarate the driver. Obviously it's not working for the OP.
For me I love the sound (thank you Borla) and the feel of rowing through the gears with 400 hp. I love the IRS. I love the sport mode on back roads. It's a hot rod. It's exciting to drive!
And I do so as it was intended - animated :like:

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
54 yrs old and my '16 is the first true sports car I've ever owned. '73 Roadrunner was the closest to sports car in the past.

I'm not a super speeder but from stop to max speed is usually achieved at a fairly rapid pace, barring traffic in front of me. I love the sound the Roush pipes put out. Music to my ears (maybe not so much to those I'm passing at 6k RPM!). I've got a nice long on ramp I hit at least once a week that gets my blood pumping too!

I bet there are people I go buy every morning as I accelerate onto the highway that say, "There goes that old guy in the Mustang. Every morning he drives like a 16yr old!" And under their breath they're saying "Wish my Prius could do that!!".
Sponsored