Sponsored

I swore to God I would NEVER own another GM product! But now...

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
I'm a Ford guy and I've owned a few Mustangs. I love my 16 GTPP! I was going to splurge for a GT500 but the price plus ADM is beyond steep, it's crazy. It doesn't matter now though... the C8 looks incredible! I was watching some videos on the internet and allegedly the Stingray with 2LT and Z51 packages will be about $68,500. I drank the Kool Aid, and I'm all in on the new Vette! I'm sure I'll catch some flames for this post, but man, for the money the new Corvette is the shizzle!
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’m not a brand whore, I buy whatever fits/meets the need I have at the time I’m looking for something new. I never looked or even cared about Mustangs until the 18 came out, and even though I get shit on don’t quite get the hype on the GT350 or GT500. I’ve drove a 350 never a R, but only on the street. I’m guessing if I went to the track I’d understand it way way more then. That said I was looking at possibly getting into a used AMG GTc but now I think I went back to wanting a corvette. I wanted a C7 gs, but the C8. I love how it looks, love the thought of having a mid engine, love the interior. Can’t wait to get in one and test drive in the distant future. Though I’m happy with my mustang for now with everything but this POS transmission.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Don't trust any social media sources with pricing, the real pricing will be revealed August 15th.

I am not brand loyal, I had a Mustang, had an Audi, have a Camaro. And I always thought about upgrading to a GT350 or ZL1 later, but I just can't anymore - The C8 is an absolute gamechanger. Some fanboys will hate it, but GM build an insane performance car for a bargain price. And from what I see and hear it seems like people are currently running into the dealers and do their deposits.

And the interior with all the modern features (front lift, front curb camera, etc), they really closed any gap to the real premium brands.

Personally, I would wait for the second model year to be sure, but that's a good idea for every car. I am really concidering changing to C8 when my current auto loan runs out in 2021.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I guess I'm one of the few that is not smitten with the new C8. I have to cringe to get around that ass end. And then using the old LT pushrod technology. Meh. If you're gonna get a C8 and must have one...get the Z06 variant.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'm a Ford guy and I've owned a few Mustangs. I love my 16 GTPP! I was going to splurge for a GT500 but the price plus ADM is beyond steep, it's crazy. It doesn't matter now though... the C8 looks incredible! I was watching some videos on the internet and allegedly the Stingray with 2LT and Z51 packages will be about $68,500. I drank the Kool Aid, and I'm all in on the new Vette! I'm sure I'll catch some flames for this post, but man, for the money the new Corvette is the shizzle!
Make sure to post some pictures of the corvette you hopefully get.:wink:

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
instead of buying another mustang i am seriously considering the new C8 corrvette in sebring orange. convincing the wife might be the hard part.
and with 2 young kids i cannot justify a 2-seater either....but still would like it. now when reality gives me a hip-check, will i ever buy one? who knows.
other more important issues im dealing with right now than whether to buy a car or not.
still it def caught my attention!
2020 Corvette Sebring Orange.jpg

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Never bought a Chevy, liked a Chevy or wanted a Chevy but as soon as they come out with the Z06 version of this car unless somebody comes out with something more earth shattering I'm in the market for sure.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
instead of buying another mustang i am seriously considering the new C8 corrvette in sebring orange. convincing the wife might be the hard part.
and with 2 young kids i cannot justify a 2-seater either....but still would like it. now when reality gives me a hip-check, will i ever buy one? who knows.
other more important issues im dealing with right now than whether to buy a car or not.
still it def caught my attention!
2020 Corvette Sebring Orange.jpg
Love that color.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I don't know why anyone would buy a GT500 over it, it's definitely going to be a better well-rounded car. The back isn't great, sure, but the front of the GT500 is an abomination as well.

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
I’m with you. Liking the C8 more and more. The engine reminds me of a spine. Looks awesome with engine led package.
667B2A9A-7A39-4EA0-BBD8-EE4425ADEF22.jpeg

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
I can't blame anyone for buying the C8, I'm already hoping there is a refresh coming on the horrible rear. But all of the other angles of that car are pretty impressive. And the price is unbeatable for what you get. Maybe Ford will drop the Shelby prices some to compete????

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^^I think the rear looks fantastic....WITHOUT the wing spoiler.

The smaller mini spoiler or spoiler delete looks a lot more classy, imo. It's either that, or just go all out with an elevated track wing.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I think all the performance numbers are great on the C8 but the C7 looks much better to me, especially the Z06 C7
Sponsored