Sponsored

Hey everyone

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Additional questions I have regarding this platform. Any issues whether it be mechanical or cheap paint that chips easily or maybe any issues with interior? I am trying to use the search function as much as I can the most thing I come across is something called engine tick which I see some getting warranty work for it and then it comes back and then others just leave it as is and the car never gives them problems but any big issues with this platform overall?
The 'engine tick' isn't an issue. It's just how it sounds because of the way it's designed. VERY few people have had things like cylinder scoring problems, even some having all out engine replacements. Those are not related to the common 'engine tick', but another problem entirely, the good thing is it is exceedingly rare and you don't have to worry about that any more than any other new car.

I would say the paint, while of pretty good quality, is pretty thin. I only got 8100 miles on mine and I got a couple decent chips. A lot of cars nowadays have shit paint though, now that most manufactures use water based paint due to EPA regulations. Other than that? No issues on the interior or exterior. The big problem is that it will drain your wallet because you won't stop buying cool stuff and performance parts for it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
The 'engine tick' isn't an issue. It's just how it sounds because of the way it's designed. VERY few people have had things like cylinder scoring problems, even some having all out engine replacements. Those are not related to the common 'engine tick', but another problem entirely, the good thing is it is exceedingly rare and you don't have to worry about that any more than any other new car.

I would say the paint, while of pretty good quality, is pretty thin. I only got 8100 miles on mine and I got a couple decent chips. A lot of cars nowadays have shit paint though, now that most manufactures use water based paint due to EPA regulations. Other than that? No issues on the interior or exterior. The big problem is that it will drain your wallet because you won't stop buying cool stuff and performance parts for it!
Yea i've noticed it seems like every platform has paint that chips very easily now a days.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Mine has the 2k rattle but only ticking is normal DI fuel system ticking. Rattle is only when cold and the car runs strong. Mechanically it has been a great car so far. My interior hasn't had any issues either. Paint sucks. I have a lot of chips already. If you do buy get a coating on it right away. I waited and got so many chips in the first few weeks I said screw it. Granted we have major freeway construction going on in Az so some of my chips are above the windshield and probably not preventable. Overall it's an amazing vehicle I dont regret my purchase at all.
I used to Live in scottsdale when I was younger I love Arizona and actually went to Sedona for my honeymoon two years ago. If I had a job opportunity I would consider moving back.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
What do you guys think about the pre-owned market? If I possibly found a good deal on lets say a 18 GT that may have extras vs buying a new 19 or 20 when they are out and it being the very base model GT with no extras? I have never bought pre owned before its kind of scary not knowing if the car was dogged out. I am also debating between manual or auto which I would have never previously even thought of this as an option but now these autos are becoming so advanced and faster and to top it off I live in South Florida so I see traffic here and there I just know its gonna be one of those things where I will get bored of Auto and then to counter that on some days I will wish I had it when im stuck in traffic jam.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
If you can find a used 2018 then go for it, only if it's low miles though. I don't know how much you'll save vs a new 2019 though. I would go by your budget on that one. New mustangs have 0% APR for 72 months going on right now. I would set a hard limit on your Out The Door price and work a deal that way

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Here's what mine looks like with the car seat in the back. My wife is only 5'6 and she barely fits. She'll do it for short trips but that's about it. I dont blame her it tight.
I like it out here in Az too. Cant wait to move on to the forward facing seat so we can start taking the mustang on road trips around here again.
20190724_141345.jpg

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
What do you guys think about the pre-owned market? If I possibly found a good deal on lets say a 18 GT that may have extras vs buying a new 19 or 20 when they are out and it being the very base model GT with no extras? I have never bought pre owned before its kind of scary not knowing if the car was dogged out. I am also debating between manual or auto which I would have never previously even thought of this as an option but now these autos are becoming so advanced and faster and to top it off I live in South Florida so I see traffic here and there I just know its gonna be one of those things where I will get bored of Auto and then to counter that on some days I will wish I had it when im stuck in traffic jam.
We've bought WAY more used than new (and prefer it that way). All our used ones have come from the same dealer. We've bought over twelve cars from them in the past 20+ years. My Ram was four years old and 86,000 miles. Now it's sixteen years old and 140K - still running strong. My daughter's Camry had 78K when we bought it, 179K when we traded it.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Used market is great. Get it from a private seller. Drive it and drive it. Listen, feel, look all over. I got my 2016 and 2019 new, but I have a 99 cobra that I still own that I bought two years old with only 5000 miles and the car was pristine. It’s one of the best cars I’ve ever owned .

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Take a look at the Ecoboost Turbo 4 with the auto 10 speed. The engine sound outside is not great(definitely not as nice as the GT), but for your needs the 310hp/350lb. ft. might be enough.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Take a look at the Ecoboost Turbo 4 with the auto 10 speed. The engine sound outside is not great(definitely not as nice as the GT), but for your needs the 310hp/350lb. ft. might be enough.
When the time comes I will consider it but I am most definitely leaning towards the 5.0
Sponsored