Sponsored

Fore Wiring 2018 GT

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Safridi22,
Thanks a ton man. What I just can’t understand is that it has been fine for about 7 months trouble free. Then all of a sudden it starts doing this. I can see if I just installed the system and it was doing this but 7 months later! So that I have this correct, you ARE NOT using the yellow/gray wire on the FPDM harness? From your photo you are using the yellow/gray from the old factory fuel pump harness, is that correct? Did you ever use the purple/green wire from the FPDM from the start and later had issues? I never had issues like pressing the brake pedal and then clutch for it to start....it was always just press the clutch and it’d start. Also o e thing that happens is that sometimes when I open the drivers door the fuel pump does not prime until I press the start button. Then there’s times when I open the door, the pump is wide open and that’s with or without the key fob.

Thanks for your help and the link.
Sponsored

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
This is not my knowledge. I dont want to take credit for something I didn't do. I found this here. Yes thats the supposed wire you tap into. HOWEVER. I was with my mechanic yesterday and we tried all three wires the two yellow/gray and the one purple/green. With the two yellow/gray wires the car needed to be started the way i mentioned above. When we tried connecting it back to the purple/green the car initially started normally ( clutch in, press start, car starts) but then when we tried the second time, no luck. So as of now, the only way i can start my car is by the above method. This really sucks and i dont want you to start splicing stuff up if im not confirmed. As of now, im once again, clueless as to wtf is going on. Im beginning to think it has to do with the anitheft system. maybe? Again, i'm no expert but i just can't figure this one out.

Did the car start for you using the method above?

Thanks

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
So when i had the yellow/gray wire spliced ( both, the one from fpdm harness and the fuel pump connector) I didnt hear the pumps prime but the car would start with the new method. When I connected it to the purple/green wire i heard the pumps prime the very first time and the car started normally. But then when i tired to start the car again, It didnt start. This is such a PITA! lol

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I was told is that your tuner would need to have set it up to use either wire that you connect to so that MAY be why yours doesn't start with the yellow/gray wires. Mine is the purple wire and it has always started without issues at all until recently. Mine actually cut off while driving and I had to be towed home which sucked. It later started back up. I'm thinking my pump may be an issue BUT I won't know until I test it out this weekend. If I start my car and let it idle in the driveway for about 30 minutes, it will shut off on its own and will not even turn the starter over. Let it sit about 20 minutes and then it'll prime and fire right up. I cannot drive it at all like this because it'll put me down.

Good luck with yours as well man. This sucks big time with new cars, all the right parts and problems. Mine did make 978 RWHP with this fuel system though so I know it'll support the power....just not sure what is all of a sudden going on.

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
I hear ya man . I guess ill drop in here again if i find out anything new. Im gonna contact lund n see if they can actually do what u said.

Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I connected my remote 1 signal to the yellow/gray wire......the one on the FPDM harness and not the one that is posted above and it starts and seems to be fine. No ill issues or anything.

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Damn......yea mine still starts differently. I actually just replaced the fpdm module. No luck. what guage wire did u use for the trigger wire?

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 10 gauge wire from remote 1 to the FPDM plug (yellow/gray) wire. I'm not sure on the brand of pressure switch. It was the one that came with the kit. I'll check when I get home.
Sponsored