Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would upgrade what you have. you can always go E85 or meth, change pulley's, lighten it, upgrade the suspension, exhaust, and etc. Now is the time (assuming warranty period is over) to really have fun with the car. Then go out and hurt a lot of feelings.
Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It really depends if we’re talking about a brand new GT350 @ $60k or a 2017 GT350 w/10k miles for $40k that I’m finding all the time now. It also depends if it’s manual vs manual. At $40k, manual vs manual, I’d pick a used 2017 GT350 with 10k miles over a new 2019 GT at the same price. It’s a better overall start pointing if you want to stay N/A or go FI. As others have mentioned, my only hesitation is I’ve seen some voodoos that are rock solid while others are very finicky.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
15 Premium GT here, 2.3 Roush with VMP tune (dynos at a tick over 700 whp), lots of suspension upgrades as well (coilover car). Neighbor has a stock 17 GT350. Fun car to drive but we’ve played on the way to a meet a couple of times and I can tell you it’s not close in a straight line.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
15 Premium GT here, 2.3 Roush with VMP tune (dynos at a tick over 700 whp), lots of suspension upgrades as well (coilover car). Neighbor has a stock 17 GT350. Fun car to drive but we’ve played on the way to a meet a couple of times and I can tell you it’s not close in a straight line.
But that’s not an apples to apples comparison.

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
But that’s not an apples to apples comparison.
Exactly. If he’s a straight line/roll guy he would be downgrading. Unless he wants to mod the GT350 after purchasing it.

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Exactly. If he’s a straight line/roll guy he would be downgrading. Unless he wants to mod the GT350 after purchasing it.
Weird...

17 GT350 here, 2.3 Roush with VMP tune (dynos at a tick over 700 whp), lots of suspension upgrades as well (coilover car). Neighbor has a stock 15 GT. Fun car to drive but we’ve played on the way to a meet a couple of times and I can tell you it’s not close in a straight line.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
And you are the engineer that designed the motor or just some bs article you read on the net to get people to buy more Shelby's .
LOL! You should probably give Ford Performance a call and ask them for your self since you don't believe articles from reputable publications who got their information directly from Ford Performance Engineers.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lot of misinformation in this thread...but any way...A GT350 is a track (turns) monster. The high rev's are meant just for that. It can do a 1/4, but it needs some help. My car with tune, LT, can turn a 11.5 no issues. As for a blower, the GT350 can handle Whipple builds or any other F/I builds all day long. I know several of these cars running a F/I setup and they are fine. You run into a twin turbo GT350 and you would wish you hadn't.

Now should your drop your stage 2 for a 350 ? Depends on what you are trying to get out of the vehicle. Should you drop it for S/C GT350 ? Again it depends. In the end you need to buy and get what calls to you.
And how many miles do those FI GT350s have on them? There seems to be a pattern of a GT350 getting a supercharger or turbo, then Dyno bragging rights, maybe a 1/4 mile pull, then the car magically "dissappears".

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
And how many miles do those FI GT350s have on them? There seems to be a pattern of a GT350 getting a supercharger or turbo, then Dyno bragging rights, maybe a 1/4 mile pull, then the car magically "dissappears".
What pattern are you talking about ? Lethal ? because that is the only GT350 that was FI early on...when the GT350 first came out and disappeared. Well actually it did not really because I have seen the car, know where it as at currently, and why they stop playing with it. Has nothing to do with the car blowing up. Also yes there are stories of the oil issues and others..mostly 17 builds. Hell I have one of them. Guess what ? New engine, improved Gen 2 engine, and I could still FI it with no worries. For your last question I did not answer yet, 16 GT350 Tech 32k on the clock. Was F/I at 2k. 17 GT350 Twins, 15k on the clock. Was F/I with 1k on the clock. Both cars are easily low 10's even in this S. FL heat.
Sponsored