2020 Bullitt Order Bank

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt-DHG | 2010 Yaris 3Dr HB |
Anyone know when the 2020 Bullitt will be able to order at your Ford dealership? Banks opened up in March 2018 for the 2019 Bullitt. I'm guessing the reason is many 2019 models were made and are circling in the market? No need to get the 2020 Bullit out?
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The 2020 model year orders can be taken now at the dealership. They've been open since mid-May.

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! The dealership person last week was telling me the banks for the 2020 Bullitt are not out and only out for Mustang and GT. I was wondering? That means that the 2020 Bullitts would be out in October. Highly unlikely. Oh, would you happen to know? The chassis numbering for for the 2019 is going to continue to the 2020 model? Or is Ford going to start on a new 2020 number cycle? I'm new to the process. Did they do chassis numbers in the 2008 and 2009 Bullitt years? Again, thanks.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Considering that the "K" indicates a 2019 model, I expect that the 2020s will change to "L". Whether or not that comes with a new number is anyone's bet. I'd bet that it does, though.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Thanks! The dealership person last week was telling me the banks for the 2020 Bullitt are not out and only out for Mustang and GT. I was wondering? That means that the 2020 Bullitts would be out in October. Highly unlikely.
The dealership has to have an allocation spot from the plant to build it, but orders could be entered when the 2020 model year opened. Perhaps that dealership did not have Bullitt allocations assigned.

Oh, would you happen to know? The chassis numbering for for the 2019 is going to continue to the 2020 model? Or is Ford going to start on a new 2020 number cycle? I'm new to the process. Did they do chassis numbers in the 2008 and 2009 Bullitt years? Again, thanks.
For the 2008 and 2009 models, there were indeed serialized numbers (although they were not commonly called "chassis numbers" by owners). They continued sequentially through 2008 and 2009 with no restart in sequence. However, the plate on top of the strut tower bar that had the numbers showed '2008' or '2009'.
1bullittfirstdrive14.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
The dealership has to have an allocation spot from the plant to build it, but orders could be entered when the 2020 model year opened. Perhaps that dealership did not have Bullitt allocations assigned.

For the 2008 and 2009 models, there were indeed serialized numbers (although they were not commonly called "chassis numbers" by owners). They continued sequentially through 2008 and 2009 with no restart in sequence. However, the plate on top of the strut tower bar that had the numbers showed '2008' or '2009'.
1bullittfirstdrive14.jpg
Thank you! Very helpful.

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
Hello, advice please:

I have a question on ordering? It is multiple. I have been watching the 2019 Bullitt market closely for the past year. When they came out on last June the people who had ordered in March 2018 were paying MSRP on their build. In some cases, above MSRP for the new one's on dealer lots. It seems in the past couple of months Ford Factory has been allocating to dealerships a good amount. Now dealerships are starting to work with customers in the FMR. I have even seen prices in the lower range and below the FMR. There are deals out there for the 2019MY. That said, I'm in a little predicament. Timing is everything. Everyone wants a deal, right? For me, I can only buy in the spring of 2020. I have always wanted a Bullitt and now it is a reality. I will be able to buy outright free and clear of any debt, cash. Year is not a issue, but it would be nice having the latest year model. Cost is not an issue as well. I would be willing to pay the extra $1215. Do I wait until April/May next year and pick up a 2019MY at a real good bargain price? Will there be any of them left? Or do I submit an order with the dealership on a 2020MY and pay more when it comes out? Will at that time prices of the Bullitt 2020MY on dealer lots go down to FMR? That is where I'm at. I guess many of these questions are dependent on supply & demand and of course time. So, my questions are? Some may be silly. I'm learning and a little naive on how things work...

1. When ordering a new custom build what is the down payment percentage? I'm sure the money is non-refundable.

2. If you order and make a down payment, when the car comes do you pay the MSRP? You made the order and I would think the dealer would expect you to pay the MSRP? Or can you haggle to get a lower price than MSRP at the current fair market range date? I don't want to be a jerk.

3. Build times? What is the average build time for a Ford limited edition car like the Bullitt? Timing is everything to procure the item in May. Can you tell the dealer what build time codes to use for priority? Or is this something he does? Does anyone know the what priority build number is in build weeks or months?

These are the questions. Sorry for a lengthy post.

Best regards,

Brady

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. When ordering a new custom build what is the down payment percentage? I'm sure the money is non-refundable.
Varies by dealer. $500 - $1000 is typical. Most dealers will refund it if pushed.

2. If you order and make a down payment, when the car comes do you pay the MSRP? You made the order and I would think the dealer would expect you to pay the MSRP? Or can you haggle to get a lower price than MSRP at the current fair market range date? I don't want to be a jerk.
You absolutely haggle on the price of an ordered car.

3. Build times? What is the average build time for a Ford limited edition car like the Bullitt? Timing is everything to procure the item in May. Can you tell the dealer what build time codes to use for priority? Or is this something he does? Does anyone know the what priority build number is in build weeks or months?
This is more a function of Ford scheduling than the dealer. Even if the dealer uses a low priority, Ford can place it on the schedule at any time if they need to fill production volume. For May delivery, I'd look at December / January ordering, but I'd work with a dealer to fine tune that.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Thanks! The dealership person last week was telling me the banks for the 2020 Bullitt are not out and only out for Mustang and GT. I was wondering? That means that the 2020 Bullitts would be out in October. Highly unlikely. Oh, would you happen to know? The chassis numbering for for the 2019 is going to continue to the 2020 model? Or is Ford going to start on a new 2020 number cycle? I'm new to the process. Did they do chassis numbers in the 2008 and 2009 Bullitt years? Again, thanks.
Not sure how much this helps but in the UK it was instructed that orders can be taken since they announced the extended production run last month, but order book allocations in Detroit will only commence from August. Additionally, for the UK cars they said not to expect production of the 2020 Bullitt models for the UK market until Q1 2020 with deliveries by Q2 2020.

You guys in the US have precedence as your cars are LHD but perhaps it gives a little hint as to when you can expect deliveries in the US to come through since I would expect US deliveries to arrive first by Q4 2019 and Q1 2020.

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how much this helps but in the UK it was instructed that orders can be taken since they announced the extended production run last month, but order book allocations in Detroit will only commence from August. Additionally, for the UK cars they said not to expect production of the 2020 Bullitt models for the UK market until Q1 2020 with deliveries by Q2 2020.

You guys in the US have precedence as your cars are LHD but perhaps it gives a little hint as to when you can expect deliveries in the US to come through since I would expect US deliveries to arrive first by Q4 2019 and Q1 2020.

I found this from another site for the Mustang:

Latest 2019/2020MY Mustang Production Schedule....

• 05/03/2019 - 2019MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 05/16/2019 - 2019MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/08/2019 - 2019MY Balance Out Date
  • 05/14/2019 - 2020MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 06/13/2019 - 2020MY Scheduling Begins
  • 08/12/2019 - 2020MY Job #1 Date

Looks like 8/8/18 will be the last production of the 2019MY. 8/12/19 is the start of 2020MY Mustang, GT, Bullitt. Do not know what "Scheduling" begins means?

Sponsored
OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
Varies by dealer. $500 - $1000 is typical. Most dealers will refund it if pushed.

You absolutely haggle on the price of an ordered car.

This is more a function of Ford scheduling than the dealer. Even if the dealer uses a low priority, Ford can place it on the schedule at any time if they need to fill production volume. For May delivery, I'd look at December / January ordering, but I'd work with a dealer to fine tune that.

Thanks for the info. I thought it would be more at 20%. That is affordable. I would think even if you had a special order made you still have the opportunity to work with the sales person, manager, or owner for a fair purchase price according to the market at the time. Thanks for explaining.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do not know what "Scheduling" begins means?
That is the date when Ford begins placing individual car orders onto the production schedule for various weeks, typically about 8 weeks after that date (this can be pulled in by regional managers).

Typical process
Order (week 0)
Order confirmed (~ week 1 or 2)
Car placed on production schedule and VIN assigned (perhaps week 3 or 4)
Car begins production (perhaps week 11 or 12)
Car completes production (say, week 12 or 13)
Car gets assigned to shipper (~ week 14 or 15)
Car actually starts moving (~week 16 or 17)
Car arrives at dealer (perhaps week 17 to 18)​

Lots of slack and variance in all the above numbers. However, a dealer who tells you that it will be "about 12 week) is likely blowing smoke.

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
That is the date when Ford begins placing individual car orders onto the production schedule for various weeks, typically about 8 weeks after that date (this can be pulled in by regional managers).

Typical process
Order (week 0)
Order confirmed (~ week 1 or 2)
Car placed on production schedule and VIN assigned (perhaps week 3 or 4)
Car begins production (perhaps week 11 or 12)
Car completes production (say, week 12 or 13)
Car gets assigned to shipper (~ week 14 or 15)
Car actually starts moving (~week 16 or 17)
Car arrives at dealer (perhaps week 17 to 18)​

Lots of slack and variance in all the above numbers. However, a dealer who tells you that it will be "about 12 week) is likely blowing smoke.
Thanks! Yes, I'm going to look at the 2nd week in January to place the order. Late May or even June is fine. Of course I will find out the fine tune with the person at the dealership who does the special ordering.

OP
OP
mavmrb3

mavmrb3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
That's below FMR: https://www.kbb.com/ford/mustang/20...8|true|8512550|true|8512554|true|8512555|true

Yeah. I was checking around last month and saw dealers starting to get down and bargain. I know that is the way to go with a 2019MY. And I would do it by end of the summer to get the bargain... If? I had the cash! I will not get a loan other than loans for my house. I came into some money December with monthly installments. I will have enough for a new one outright by April/May. This is the timing I'm playing? When I'm ready to buy in the spring will the 2019MY be still available or sold out? I'm looking at purchasing between May and August. Will the 2020MY at that time frame be selling for FPP? Or MSRP firm? My Bullitt config is easy. Electronics package and Magneride. With the few options it would be easy finding the car on lots. Then part of me says F' it! I will special order a 2020MY in mid-January and when it comes in May/June I will then see if they will bargain and work with me!
Sponsored