Sponsored

Swapping injectors on edelbrock kit

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Swapping to ID1050x’s on my 2015 Mustang GT with the edelbrock stage I kit this weekend and was curious if the blower needs to be removed in order to swap injectors. The fuel rail does not look like it has much room to pop straight out. Anyone swap injectors yet with this kit and did they have to remove the blower in order to do so?

Thanks,

Greg
Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
You do not have to pull the blower to install the injectors. But the fuel rail bolts in my opinion are the hardest part of the entire supercharger install.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Blower can stay in, you remove the 4 Allen head bolts holding the rails down then lift them up and over. keep in mind most injectors with spacers may give you a hard time plugging them back in, I'd recommend you make sure to plug them in before bolting them down, sometimes the connector sits too low and it becomes a pain trying to sequeeze your hand in there to clip it into place.

OP
OP
Stang1586

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Drivers side is done but the passenger side is giving me issues. Looks like a hose coming from the firewall to the front of the motor is not letting the fuel rail line up. Any other tips to get the passenger side fuel rail bolts to line back up?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
If you can't get it out of the way far enough just drain your coolant and disconnect the hose so it's completely out of the way just like during the install.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also here's my post about the fuel rail bolts from the trouble shooting thread.

My passenger rear also gave us some trouble. We finally got it though. Try some of these if you haven't already.

#1. My holes were drilled upwards a little bit. Once I angled the screw up slightly and lifted up to the fuel rail it was easier to get started.
#2. I cut a tap down and ran it in and out of each hole.
#3. Clean the threads up with a file.
#4. Try starting the bolts without the fuel rail in place and even switch bolt from hole to hole.
#5. Let the first bolt really loose until you get 2nd one started.
#6. Use a ball end Allen key.

OP
OP
Stang1586

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got everything together and started data logging for Lund. Ended up not moving the coolant lines.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got everything together and started data logging for Lund. Ended up not moving the coolant lines.
Awesome! How did the rest of it go, any issues with mounting injectors with clips/no clips and or any other issues? There seems to be a lot of questions\issues with using different types of injectors with this kit. I'm trying to decide what injectors will tune and install the best with my kit If I go that route.

OP
OP
Stang1586

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No issues mounting the injectors and I did not reuse the retaining clips per Edelbrock Tech. The ID1050x's should be more than enough for the power level I'm shooting for and aside from maybe changing up the exhaust over the summer I'm thinking I'm pretty much done with modifications on this car for a good amount of time.
Sponsored

Last edited: