Exhaust welding

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
If I get my exhaust welded after I put on a H -pipe do I need to Disconnect the battery
Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Like said above just unhook the negative.

The fear with that is the idiot grounds to the chassis and not the pipe and uses a chassis ground to weld though. This could in certain situations cause problems.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
None of my exhaust work was done with the battery disconnected, on either vehicle. The Mustang's been worked on twice, the Ram once.

Sponsored

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Never disconnected it before on any of my other cars before custom exhaust work, but read a thread on here about someone's BCM frying after exhaust work, the shop denied that anything happened, and they are out quite a bit of money out of pocket after replacing several electronic components, and still hadn't found the issue. The debate rages on, but when I had the new exhaust components welded on the Stang, I sure as shit disconnected the negative. Definitely do it to avoid any risk, no matter how remote.

OP
OP
Lbj

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Ok thanks for your help

I put on the H-pipe & know matter what I try the driver side keeps on hanging lower it just twists no exhaust leeks & i torked at 22 f p
Sponsored