Fore duel pump remote wire not getting 12 volts

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
So I was datalogging with Lund today and car was fine and has been fine since installing new built motor. He sent me a revision and I installed the new tune a few hours later and I try to start my car and it would only crank. Seems like it was not getting fuel. I resorted back to stock and went back to a different tune and it was doing the same thing. So I'm assuming it was not the tune at the time.
Steps I have taken.
-fuel regulator when trying to start the car is at zero and doesn't budge.
-12 volts to ground coming from the battery is good
-12 volts to ground on the remote wire with the car in the accessory position I'm getting 0 volts. I am tapped into the yellow wire with gray stripe like everyone else is doing. so I'm assuming I blew a fuse somehow on the way home. But the only issue was as my car did not cut off at all. It ran perfect on the way home from doing the wot pull.
I checked the 30 amp fuse, I'm pretty sure it was number 46 or it might have been 49. but it seems to be good. What other fuses do I need to check and what other things do you think I should check? The only thing I can think it could be is the fuse if I'm not getting voltage to the remote wire with the car in the accessory position.

I can hear the pumps cutting on when I turn the car into the accessory position. And cutting off when I turn the accessory off. Which is weird. Please help!!!!! Very frustrating.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Peedystablo82

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Okay so update. I disconnected the module and directly hooked the remote wire up to the purple with green stripe wire and the car cut on. So there's an issue somewhere with either a computer trigger problem or the actual ford module that the plug goes into itself.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
prob the FPDM, seen a few of them do that, yellow w/gray will get no voltage and. you have to find another switched 12v source...

OP
OP
Peedystablo82

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I'm just going to have to get another module because the reason why people use the yellow with gray stripe wire is because that is a 12 volt switched wire also, but it only cuts on for 3 seconds and cuts back off until you start the car. I could just use the purple with green stripe wire, but that's 12 volt switched, but would be on anytime I have the accessory on.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
prob the FPDM, seen a few of them do that, yellow w/gray will get no voltage and. you have to find another switched 12v source...
. Hmmmm I never knew this. Maybe that’s been my problem. Absolutely no issues with the car for 7 months with my Fore system getting power from the purple wire and all of a sudden the car shut off and all that. What I don’t understand is what does the module itself have to do with you tapping into the wire pre module?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Peedystablo82

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I was looking at all the schematics last night with a reputable Ford tech guy that I know and we came to the conclusion that the MAIN purple with green stripe wire since the module power and then the module powers on and off the yellow with gray stripe wire, along with all the other wires.

The purple wire with green stripe stays hot anytime the accessory is on. that's the reason why everybody hooks up the yellow with gray stripe because it cuts off after 3 seconds when the accessory is on until you actually start the car. So your pump is not running when your car is in accessory

OP
OP
Peedystablo82

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I can definitely tell you one thing. That I'm getting tired of dealing with all this nonsense and I'm going to end up hooking it up to that purple and green wire. Lol. The only issue with that is for me is going to be when I'm trying to tune my car and then the pumps will be hot the whole entire time I'm trying to tune the car with the accessory on.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
That's only thing I don't like about the purple/green wire. When I open the drivers door, the pump will prime and stay running until I fire the car up. If I want to just open the drivers door and get something out, I need to either get the FOB and turn it back off once I open the door or just open the passenger side door instead. If I were you, I'd just stay with keep using the yellow/gray wire if you can make that work still.

OP
OP
Peedystablo82

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I bought a new Ford pump module from my local dealer and it will be here tomorrow. Hopefully that solves the issue.
Sponsored