Who would trade for a C7 Z06?

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Who here would give up thier GT350 for a C7 Z06?
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not saying I would, but if I were to get out of this car, that’s certainly a top contender. Will be interesting to see a C8 Z06. Just my opinion, but I think the majority of folks are here cause it’s a Mustang, not just a cool car that won out on this shopping spree.

rj45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
Not sure I would. While the C7Z is a fantastic car, there are a couple of things about it that would give me pause.

First, the wheels are prone to developing cracks and leaking air. Many C7 Z06 and Grandsport owners have reported this issue, which is supposedly due to the combination of low, stiff sidewall run-flat tires and cast wheel construction. The fix is buying expensive, aftermarket forged wheels (or possibly swapping out the run-flats).

Second, the car has a lot of power, which is great, but difficult to enjoy on the road, especially with its long gearing. Second gear is good for nearly 95mph, I believe. Unless one lives in a rural area, it quickly becomes an exercise in frustration. It's difficult making full use of the GT350's power, let alone a Z06's.

At this point, I'd wait for the C8. Even the base car will be plenty fast for the road, while offering improvements in ride, handling and interior/exterior design. Now, if they'd only offer it in a manual.

Last edited:

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I would. While the C7Z is a fantastic car, there are a couple of things about it that would give me pause.

First, the wheels are prone to developing cracks and leaking air. Many C7 Z06 and Grandsport owners have reported this issue, which is supposedly due to the combination of low, stiff sidewall run-flat tires and cast wheel construction. The fix is buying expensive, aftermarket forged wheels.

Second, the car has a lot of power, which is great, but difficult to enjoy on the road, especially with its long gearing. Second gear is good for nearly 95mph, I believe. Unless one lives in a rural area, it quickly becomes an exercise in frustration. It's difficult making full use of the GT350's power, let alone a Z06's.

At this point, I'd wait for the C8. Even the base car will be plenty fast for the road, while offering improvements in ride, handling and interior/exterior design. Now, if they'd only offer it in a manual.
Funny you say that, guy here just got his 350R and has a leak in his right front and no dealer will touch it.

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Funny you say that, guy here just got his 350R and has a leak in his right front and no dealer will touch it.
Where is it leaking? I had a front tire go completely flat at 400 miles on my car; it was clear the bead had been damaged when the original Cup 2 was installed on the CF wheel at the factory. My dealer had no problem replacing the tire.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
the auto Z06 is a fkn rocket. I’ve never been in a manual, but would love to spend some time with one.

really enjoying my LT4/tr6060, but if I’m honest I still think the 350 is a better looking car...don’t think there’s a bad choice here.

wilhit10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam Wilhite
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I probably would as a track car, but not as a street car. It would be unfortunate to have to look at it when I go in my garage;).

OP
OP

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Well I made this thread to make a decision. I currently own a 18 Z06 A8. I also have a 17 GT. Trying to make a decision to move into one car, I love the GT. The 6 speed, the exhaust. But the C7 z06 in A8 is so diff. It’s like a jet and when you shift gears in manual mode it sounds like a jet hitting a sound barrier snapping the exhaust as the gears change. The C7 Z06 with x pipe and factory exhaust is no joke either. I love how sleek the Vette looks. But also something about the S550 mustangs I love. So was thinking maybe the GT350 would be a perfect fit

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
While the 350's exhaust sound is awesome and the car handles and drives very well, it will be far slower than your Z06. I would not make that swap.

Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
While the 350's exhaust sound is awesome and the car handles and drives very well, it will be far slower than your Z06. I would not make that swap.
Could always put a whipple on it for 800whp.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Where is it leaking? I had a front tire go completely flat at 400 miles on my car; it was clear the bead had been damaged when the original Cup 2 was installed on the CF wheel at the factory. My dealer had no problem replacing the tire.
Sorry just saw this....he said it was his steam. All the dealers in the area...he said...want to part on removing the tire from that rim. I'm only going off what he said.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
OP, if you can get top dollar for the GT350 and get the C7Z for cheap, and dont need the back seats, GO FOR IT!!!
A cammed C7Z is sick. Love the removable top too and PDR for road course driving. Dang, Ford needs to get on the ball and put that on their track focused cars, or at least have it as an option.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The Z will be faster, so if you're not tracking it, it would simply come down to which car you enjoy driving more. You'll have to actually test drive a GT350 though. The mustang GT really isn't a close enough comparison to know without having driven the GT350.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Well I made this thread to make a decision. I currently own a 18 Z06 A8. I also have a 17 GT. Trying to make a decision to move into one car, I love the GT. The 6 speed, the exhaust. But the C7 z06 in A8 is so diff. It’s like a jet and when you shift gears in manual mode it sounds like a jet hitting a sound barrier snapping the exhaust as the gears change. The C7 Z06 with x pipe and factory exhaust is no joke either. I love how sleek the Vette looks. But also something about the S550 mustangs I love. So was thinking maybe the GT350 would be a perfect fit
Sell both and get the current corvette king. ZR1. Get it in manual since there is no c8 in manual available.
Sponsored