Sponsored

Are you in? Or are you out?

Ok, the dust has settled. Who's in or out?

• Total voters

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Still not faster. Doesn't matter what you think about visibility, or trunk size, or comfort, or ride quality, what we are talking about is performance, and there is a wide gap between the ZLE and any mustang, and the gt500 may or may not be able to fill that. We will see. If we are concerned about street comfort, we should all go buy a Camry.
I don't care if you want to say "we" are talking about performance. You are free to buy a ZL1 1LE if that's what you want. I'm not going to ride around in some ultra-stiff buckboard of a vehicle just so I can brag about road course performance.

The ZL1 1LE is not as good as the GT350R. Ford really doesn't have anything to prove with the GT500 in my opinion. They have already shown that they can make a performance vehicle that most people will prefer to buy and drive, no matter what the test numbers say.

However, I bet the reviewers are going to like the GT500 better than the ZL1 1LE as well. Plus the GT500 will make the numbers. Without being super uncomfortable to drive around in.

If you think a GT350R and a Camry are the same, I'm not sure why I'm even talking about this with you.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
They have already shown that they can make a performance vehicle that most people will prefer to buy and drive, no matter what the test numbers say.
:like:

If you think a GT350R and a Camry are the same,
Don't forget that the GT350 and the GT500 are rental cars :facepalm:

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Why are there so many people trying to throw salt on the GT500? First there were the mustang GT people who say my GT plus $30k in mods is better, next came the Camarillo 1LE people who say they have a better deal and now people are saying they will buy a $60k corvette and it will be better. Once again to those people I say stop worrying about what I do with my money. I seriously doubt that you will find prospective GT500 buyers on the GT/1LE/C8 forums bashing those cars. If you must have a reason why I want a GT500 and not any of the other options here it is.

1 Heavily modded GTs have reliability issues and it is still just a GT (They are common)!

2.1LE. Track specific harsh ride. I am not a track racer. Camaro is dead and won't be made anymore. Mustang has been more popular and a better car than camaro for over 50 years.

3. C8 Vette. Great car at a great price. At 60k it will be stripped out. Nicely equipped it will be about 80k and still a good deal. Mid engine sports cars are not my style I am American and nothing says American like a muscular mustang muscle car. Also when will Chevy finally move on from their pushrod engines.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Why are there so many people trying to throw salt on the GT500? First there were the mustang GT people who say my GT plus $30k in mods is better, next came the Camarillo 1LE people who say they have a better deal and now people are saying they will buy a $60k corvette and it will be better. Once again to those people I say stop worrying about what I do with my money. I seriously doubt that you will find prospective GT500 buyers on the GT/1LE/C8 forums bashing those cars. If you must have a reason why I want a GT500 and not any of the other options here it is.

1 Heavily modded GTs have reliability issues and it is still just a GT (They are common)!

2.1LE. Track specific harsh ride. I am not a track racer. Camaro is dead and won't be made anymore. Mustang has been more popular and a better car than camaro for over 50 years.

3. C8 Vette. Great car at a great price. At 60k it will be stripped out. Nicely equipped it will be about 80k and still a good deal. Mid engine sports cars are not my style I am American and nothing says American like a muscular mustang muscle car. Also when will Chevy finally move on from their pushrod engines.
Mostly because they can't have them. Sure, there are other reasons, but people like to criticize and justify to themselves that if they can't have it, it must be crap. Sour grapes is it? I respect people's decision to buy other cars, but just because people have other opinions doesn't mean that folks buying the 500 are making a wrong choice.

Someone said recently that this is a great time to be into performance cars.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Why are there so many people trying to throw salt on the GT500?
That's what trolls do there still butt hurt that Mustang handed there supercar it's ass and caused it to be canceled so they come over here to the Mustang forum to be disruptive.

Camaro is dead and won't be made anymore. Mustang has been more popular and a better car than camaro for over 50 years.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I agree. I am not trying to push my beliefs on other people. Buy whatever you want with your money. I will simply walk by and say nice car and have a nice day. People will never even know what I drive unless they see me driving it. it is not a big deal.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree. I am not trying to push my beliefs on other people. Buy whatever you want with your money. I will simply walk by and say nice car and have a nice day. People will never even know what I drive unless they see me driving it. it is not a big deal.
Yes, but people come here and push thier slanted viewpoints for the sake of stirring the pot. Isn't that trolling?

Anyway, people are so set into their make of car that they feel it important to come over here from their own forums and cross the line for the sake of what?

I'm not changing my mind. Why not get both?

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
First off, I’ll say I really like the GT500 and thinks it’s going to be a very impressive car. But in fairness to the C8 talk the title of the thread is “in or out”!! I’ve said it over a year ago Ford needed to launch this last summer prior to the C8. If fords dealers were easier to deal with and it wasn’t a witch hunt to get a 500 at MSRP I’d get one, but I’m not paying 20k over with the C8 on a similar timeline. I do believe this well impact 500 interest and lower those adm much quicker. Definitely excited to see a 500 in the flesh.

Sponsored

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
I will just post my 2 cents here. If you are like me and have been following the news of the latest GT500 from when the rumors of it coming started flying, you are still just as excited today as you were weeks ago. I have my GT500 on order and look forward to the day it arrives! Nothing is going to change my mind on my purchase. I have always loved the Ford Mustang since I was old enough to drive. That is not going to change.

I will give GM credit for running a masterful marketing campaign with the C8. They have created a quite a stirr, no doubt. However these guys saying the are not going to buy the GT500 simply because of what GM has done were never committed to the GT500 to begin with. Now having said that, there is nothing wrong with being a car guy and liking all brands. I like anything loud and fast myself.

To the folks complaining about the ADMs on the GT500, well I don't like them either. However, this is a free enterprise system and thank God for that! No one should tell a business how they are to make profit. The fact of the matter is once a vehicle is built by any manufacturer and invoiced to the dealer, the manufacturer no longer owns the vehicle...the dealer owns it that point and they can charge whatever they want. You might say that is not fair and those dealers are greedy. Yep maybe so, but supply and demand will take of that process in the end. I spoke my dealer long ago before the GT500 went on order and had a deal at MSRP plus allocation cost locked up before hand. I have no complaints. To those not as fortunate with their deals, all can say is it is what it is...just rock on with it if you truly wish to own a new GT500. :)

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I will just post my 2 cents here. If you are like me and have been following the news of the latest GT500 from when the rumors of it coming started flying, you are still just as excited today as you were weeks ago. I have my GT500 on order and look forward to the day it arrives! Nothing is going to change my mind on my purchase. I have always loved the Ford Mustang since I was old enough to drive. That is not going to change.

I will give GM credit for running a masterful marketing campaign with the C8. They have created a quite a stirr, no doubt. However these guys saying the are not going to buy the GT500 simply because of what GM has done were never committed to the GT500 to begin with. Now having said that, there is nothing wrong with being a car guy and liking all brands. I like anything loud and fast myself.

To the folks complaining about the ADMs on the GT500, well I don't like them either. However, this is a free enterprise system and thank God for that! No one should tell a business how they are to make profit. The fact of the matter is once a vehicle is built by any manufacturer and invoiced to the dealer, the manufacturer no longer owns the vehicle...the dealer owns it that point and they can charge whatever they want. You might say that is not fair and those dealers are greedy. Yep maybe so, but supply and demand will take of that process in the end. I spoke my dealer long ago before the GT500 went on order and had a deal at MSRP plus allocation cost locked up before hand. I have no complaints. To those not as fortunate with their deals, all can say is it is what it is...just rock on with it if you truly wish to own a new GT500. :)

I agree with you that the dealer has the right to ask whatever they want but isn’t that an unfair assessment of potential buyers if they aren’t willing to pay Adm and then say well they never wanted a 500 anyways! I believe a lot of guys here are willing to pay MSRP for the 500 but aren’t going to play all the games and pay big adm. if the C8 didn’t just debut with big potential I don’t think you’d see this response.
Question, would you pay 20k adm to get a 500? I think you would, but curious.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
I agree with you that the dealer has the right to ask whatever they want but isn’t that an unfair assessment of potential buyers if they aren’t willing to pay Adm and then say well they never wanted a 500 anyways! I believe a lot of guys here are willing to pay MSRP for the 500 but aren’t going to play all the games and pay big adm. if the C8 didn’t just debut with big potential I don’t think you’d see this response.
Question, would you pay 20k adm to get a 500? I think you would, but curious.
I would be willing to pay ADM, but I can't say how much I would pay. Obviously I would not want to and thus why I locked my deal up long ago.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes, but people come here and push thier slanted viewpoints for the sake of stirring the pot. Isn't that trolling?

Anyway, people are so set into their make of car that they feel it important to come over here from their own forums and cross the line for the sake of what?

I'm not changing my mind. Why not get both?
Trolls are people who do stir the pot with slanted views. Sometimes they take views they really don't hold as to play devil's advocate. Yes, there are some true trolls with the motive to be contrarian.
But, some people have a legit point on the price value of the Corvette vs. 500. The Corvette, so far, is the better value. There will be no ADMs 6 months down the road on the Corvette. They will be discounted at some point. The 500 will most likely always have them. Shoot, the fact the Corvette raises up for speed bumps is amazing.

Here is something none of you have considered. We know complaining isn't going to make ADMs go away. But, if enough people say they are changing brands due to ADMs and in turn devaluing it, why not?
Maybe some people are criticizing it while not being able to afford it. That's their right. It would be like you telling GT owners they can't be on 500 page because they don't own a 350 yet.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
I will not cancel my GT500 order just because this Z51 C8 Vette can do 0-60 under 3 seconds, its more than that and we do not have a full view of what both cars are capable of. I prefer the aggressive and badass look of the Shelbys over the exotic looking C8 no matter it has a mid engine. Shelbys name always carries on something special IMO.
Sponsored