Sponsored

Have an R on order at sticker price, Recaros are NOT going to work out, advice needed

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I think Jay Leno's R actually came with the Recaro seats, but on his channel he said he got a set of cloth seats from a base GT and installed them and stored the R seats away. I would do that, or as someone else said, check out a set of the GT/Ford Performance Recaros since they are roomier.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Keepi in mind too that just swapping seats does not get you the full functionality of the comfort seats. You would not be able to use the heat/cooling without a lot of retrofit. Resonator delete is very easy.
If that's the reason for ordering the R, I would agree. The R is so much more than that
I think Jay Leno's R actually came with the Recaro seats, but on his channel he said he got a set of cloth seats from a base GT and installed them and stored the R seats away. I would do that, or as someone else said, check out a set of the GT/Ford Performance Recaros since they are roomier.
Gateway Mustang csrries the FP seats

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I changed my Recaros out for just plain cloth take outs from a 2015 Mustang. Sooooooooo happy I did that...makes the car much more enjoyable to drive. No heating or cooling in them...but they are power seats. Only paid like $550 for the pair from a dismantler in the mid west.

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
I changed my Recaros out for just plain cloth take outs from a 2015 Mustang. Sooooooooo happy I did that...makes the car much more enjoyable to drive. No heating or cooling in them...but they are power seats. Only paid like $550 for the pair from a dismantler in the mid west.
Whats involved with this? You mentioned they are powered.. do we have power connectors on the factory recaros? Where did you find your seats? local copart? Thanks!

Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Whats involved with this? You mentioned they are powered.. do we have power connectors on the factory recaros? Where did you find your seats? local copart? Thanks!
I answered some of your questions in my post. The Recaros don't have the power and ground you need for power seats. That has to be run from a junction behind the front left kick panel. I was told this by the tech who installed them for me. Anyway they work just fine and I'm happy with them. Sometime I might upgrade to the leather takeout seats from one of those dismantlers.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
The seat frame can be modified easier than you think. The leg bolsters will give with some force. Took me a while to figure this out. If you have the Recaros already puts some A $$ behind the side bolsters to spread them out. Seems to sunlike but if all you lack is some leg room, it’s worth a try. I have back and knee issues and hate the overly stuffed truck seats in my new Ranger.

The rest of the seating position is just fine for long drives. Unless maneuvering over the sides is an issue the the other seats may be best.

Caveat- I sat in a Bullitt and thought the seats were more DD friendly.
Sponsored