Lund not tuning for California Customers anymore

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Still wrong. He will not due flex fuel tune. Either E85 or pump gas. FI or NA both 18+ last I talked to him.
Interesting maybe there was a cutoff date as my flex tune and all revisions were through him on my 18. When I asked him bout going FI that's when he mentioned only e85 or race.
Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
There is always a way around the electronics ask VW and Dieselgate........LOLOLOL!
How'd that work out for VW?

When you see the insurance companies offering optional vehicle monitoring for better rates, yeah, you can see the optional disappearing down the road and you can bet modded ECM will not be allowed. Kinda leaves a sick feeling in your gut knowing the nannies are closing in a little tighter every year.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
How'd that work out for VW?

When you see the insurance companies offering optional vehicle monitoring for better rates, yeah, you can see the optional disappearing down the road and you can bet modded ECM will not be allowed. Kinda leaves a sick feeling in your gut knowing the nannies are closing in a little tighter every year.
Dieselgate and VW was used as an example there was and always will be a way around things. If a solution doesnt exist someone will find away. That being said I see performance vehicles going hybrid anyways and the need for combustion engines will be less and less.

Those that was to tune and hotrod vehicles will always have a way. Although it may cost more too.

Same thing with CARB regulations now in CA and elsewhere I 100% csn promise you people mod their vehicles then return them to stock to b
pass emission tests and have been doing so for Id bet at least a decade.

Or solution gets to be move out of CA. I cant imagine why in the world ANY ebthusiast would want to live in that state to begin with.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I love NC. No emissions, Like 5 E85 stations within 20 miles of my house, mountains and beaches all within a few hours, and a drag strip in every other town. I’m never leaving lol

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Why not just have CA customers sign a form declaring the intent is for off-road use only?

I recently purchased parts from Vortech, and they emailed me such a form, since the part did not have a CARB EO#. Surely the same could be done for a mail order/email tune.
The diesel guys tried that. Google Spartan or h&s and 6.4 or 6.0

And to boduke... Nc does to have emissions. Just depends on county.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
There are ways around it.
A. If you already have a tuning device, order the tune online and pay with PayPal. They won't know where you're from.
B. If you need a tuning device, find a retailer that will sell to CA.
C. Get a PO Box out of state for a month, order it and make a road trip.
D. Just make a road trip out of state, pick up a device.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
FULLY agree. And, there are 13 other states that follow CARB.:
Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico (2011 model year and later), New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, as well as the District of Columbia.

Where is SEMA?
with the exception of the Portland area Oregon does not inspect or enforce carb standards, there is no emissions test or inspection required for vehicle registration.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Seems like SEMA has been well supported, yet here we are.
Speed Equipment Manufacturing Association
I don't get the connection....with carb

I love NC. No emissions, Like 5 E85 stations within 20 miles of my house, mountains and beaches all within a few hours, and a drag strip in every other town. I’m never leaving lol
Not true where I live in NC.....and likely coming to your town at some point.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I think the crazy thing is that each state seems to have a different standard . It must absolutely be crazy making for the aftermarket parts manufacturers . For us car folks, especially those of us stuck in CARB compliance states we have to carefully tread through all the parts and loopholes making it that much harder to have fun with our beloved hobby.
Tell that to an oem....,

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Speed Equipment Manufacturing Association
I don't get the connection....with carb

Not true where I live in NC.....and likely coming to your town at some point.

What I meant was, its super easy to get around. Theyre still supposed to look for cats here but I usually just slip the guy an extra $20 and he doesn't look.

DCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Usually taken apart.
Last edited:

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I ordered a 4 barrel carb from Summit Racing for my 66 Mustang. When I went to check out they said they couldn't ship that part to California. I deleted that order and then reordered saying my car was a 65, in which case they were happy to send it. Great carb, too.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Why not just have CA customers sign a form declaring the intent is for off-road use only?

I recently purchased parts from Vortech, and they emailed me such a form, since the part did not have a CARB EO#. Surely the same could be done for a mail order/email tune.
That is 100% still illegal and is in NO way actually a way around it.

We won't even waste our time with that, cause it wouldn't hold up in court or anything.
There is NO SUCH THING as "49 state legal" or "off-road use only" if the car / truck / bike had a VIN when it was built or has ever been tagged.
Sponsored