Sponsored

All Mustangs held in production right now?

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
My car has been "In production" for well over a month now. My estimated delivery date has come and gone. Today the update I received was that all Mustangs are held up in production right now due to an unknown supplier issue.

Ford performance told me to contact my dealer for more information. My dealer isn't getting any updates from the Ford rep. This takes all the fun out of buying a new car, I don't even know why Ford bothers with a tracking website.
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I think it all goes part & parcel when ordering a car.
Lots of components & suppliers from around the world.
You'll be happy when it arrives

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
What a bummer - I ordered my car 2/28/19 and it showed up 4/19/19. Who told you about the "hold up in production"?

OP
OP

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What a bummer - I ordered my car 2/28/19 and it showed up 4/19/19. Who told you about the "hold up in production"?
That is what the Ford rep told my dealer. The dealer seems just as frustrated as I am, it is a car they should have moved this month. Who knows when it will arrive. Ford could at least update the tracking site or tell the dealers what supplier issue they are having.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
The
That is what the Ford rep told my dealer. The dealer seems just as frustrated as I am, it is a car they should have moved this month. Who knows when it will arrive. Ford could at least update the tracking site or tell the dealers what supplier issue they are having.
maybe you can find what you want on a lot.
Stores will deliver to your door 100’s Of miles away...for practically nothing and give a good deal. Maybe better than what you have already agreed upon.
I have advice for you if that’s an option.

Sponsored

OP
OP

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The

maybe you can find what you want on a lot.
Stores will deliver to your door 100’s Of miles away...for practically nothing and give a good deal. Maybe better than what you have already agreed upon.
I have advice for you if that’s an option.
I have a Kona premium PP2 on order with midnight blue interior, I found 350's easier to find than PP2's. I just couldn't justify the extra expense for a gt350, I passed on two, I don't feel the $20k difference when driving them back to back.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Your lucky you didn't get stuck in 3 week plant shutdown and steering wheel purgatory earlier this year like some of us. It took 6 months to get my car. For 6 weeks it was built and parked without a steering wheel. Also, Ford has gone from 2 shifts to 1 shift about mid April. And yes the tracking site is worthless, even the one that dealers use. My dealer couldn't get any info from Ford either. No matter who i contacted, never any actual information as to status and when i might get car. All i was told was, you'll get it, just wait.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I’m in this predicament too. My EDD has come and gone as well. Still says “In production”.

Let’s hope it doesn’t set us all back too long.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
my EDD just jumped backwards 7 days overnight. build date got pushed back 6 days

Last edited:

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The estimated days to delivery, once past your original EDD will continue to go up. That calculator is based on days to/from EDD. Until you get an updated EDD, that number will just keep rising unfortunately.