Sponsored

Edelbrock vs Whipple for 2018s

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
definitely would go with a custom tune, im on a PBD e85 NA tune right now and its so good that I almost cant justify going FI. Id be going stage 2 at very least on both, maybe full out fuel system e85 stage 3 but idk if ill even do it. Is the edelbrock a smaller SC overall? I know the whipple is 3 liter but I dont know about the Edelbrock.
After doing a little research I would definitely go with the whipple kit. The eldebrock kit is a very polished complete kit but the 2.65 base really adds a lot of heat. The biggest draw would be efficiency off the 3 liter blower. I think that would help greatly with IATs in the summer. They also include injector and fuel rails. The extractor system also looks nicer imo.

I think the whipple stage one would do everything I need on 93 with a safe tune. 650-675
Projects like this seem to get expensive for me, so I try to only do a couple a decade. I still have a little while.
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I believe @Evolution Performance has the top 2 quickest 2018s blower cars(non-CJ) and they are Edelbrock equipped, in third you have Midnight with their Whipple car. Both kits will get you into the 8's, what is there to discuss? They both work, go with the one that you think best suits your needs. I run the Edelbrock on mine and am quite happy with the set up
IMG_7112.jpg
i think they just moved the setup from one car to another, if i'm not mistaken, but running very stout.

we have been 8.8's with a vortech as well.

eb, whipple, and vortech are all pounding 8s

on the eb vs whipple side, both are great kits, thats the benefit of sellin all the brands we don't have to be biased one way or the other, if the kits are both nice and they both really are

i don't think there is a bad decision really, we have done a ton of whipples, sold a few ebs' but will be getting our hands on our first one for local install here in the next week or too. customer made the drive from canada to have us put it on

i'll keep ya updated how she does.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I have the Whipple Stage2 Kit on my 2017 Mustang Fun Ride with the Whipple Tune and went 10.87 133 MPH.
92 octane and drive to and from track.No records for sure!
How much should I expect with a after market Lund Tune over the Whipple Tune??

Last edited:

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I have the Edelbrock stage 1 and live in hot west Texas and I have been surprised how well it has handled the summer heat. I'm sure the Whipple does a suitably good job as well. I think it probably comes down to the power band you prefer. You will win either way you go.

Sponsored

Ishyne22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP - 2016 F150 5.0 ST - 2004 Ram SRT10 - 2003 Brickyard Nissan 350z TP
Both breathe heavy until around 900rw. The Edlebrock is a bit of the "cool kid" right now. 2650 guys are the same type of ape swingers as the Whipple guys so the opinions are going to be cut like politics. If you're under 900rw, I think going with the one with the best inner cooler and best looking. Whipples are little lazier to make boost than the 2650's but it's probably also why they make more power on the other end of the spectrum. If we bought Whipples, I doubt we'd even notice that laziness over a 2650 as it's only a margin of a couple hundred RPM.

I'm between the Gen5 Whipple, 3.6KB or Twins. ..the longer I wait though, the tougher the choices get. Who gives me the best deal at the time I'm ready to spend $10k. Whipples on one of their 15% off sales seems to be best complete kit for the money then.

**just opinions
Purchased my stage 2 gen5 whipple complete kit from Beefcake @15% discount on Memorial Day. The kit has been top notch.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
i think they just moved the setup from one car to another, if i'm not mistaken, but running very stout.

we have been 8.8's with a vortech as well.

eb, whipple, and vortech are all pounding 8s

on the eb vs whipple side, both are great kits, thats the benefit of sellin all the brands we don't have to be biased one way or the other, if the kits are both nice and they both really are

i don't think there is a bad decision really, we have done a ton of whipples, sold a few ebs' but will be getting our hands on our first one for local install here in the next week or too. customer made the drive from canada to have us put it on

i'll keep ya updated how she does.
How did this local EB build end up? Any feedback or opinions?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
made 667 on 10lbs pump, 717 on e85, he hasn't had it to the track yet, but i think he's hoping to go tomorrow. says he loves it, loves the power delivery (customer has mulitple 18 up cars, has a whipple one currently) , says his whipple is stronger, but his whipple we have set up at 13lbs, so not quite a fair comparison, but really happy with it.

same customer had a 14 cara with max effort setup whipple making like 1050 wheel, and then swapped to a vmp on the car making 1000 wheel.

he said basically, both kits, really nice, happy with both of em.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
made 667 on 10lbs pump, 717 on e85, he hasn't had it to the track yet, but i think he's hoping to go tomorrow. says he loves it, loves the power delivery (customer has mulitple 18 up cars, has a whipple one currently) , says his whipple is stronger, but his whipple we have set up at 13lbs, so not quite a fair comparison, but really happy with it.

same customer had a 14 cara with max effort setup whipple making like 1050 wheel, and then swapped to a vmp on the car making 1000 wheel.

he said basically, both kits, really nice, happy with both of em.
He also has an Edelbrock? I'm confused.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
has a whipple, and we just finished this edelbrock too

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Im just waiting on the Whipple stg 3............... any time Whipple.......... before black friday sales please haha

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Is a stage 3 really going to be a thing?
Im just waiting on the Whipple stg 3............... any time Whipple.......... before black friday sales please haha

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Is a stage 3 really going to be a thing?
according to them it will, suppose to be E85 ready and all. “First 1000 hp kit ever made” (50 state legal) according to their interview. 7min Mark

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Also talks about a Gen 6 supercharger but this is the only time I’ve ever heard anyone talk about it. I’m sure there are way more knowledgeable people then me that know what’s going on

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
How did this local EB build end up? Any feedback or opinions?
made a few hits today, first pass, soft launch, 10.2, made 3 9.9 runs, this was e85 with the 3.25 (10-11psi) pulley, he was very happy for first time out. around 4250-4300 weight (he's a big boy like me)
Sponsored