Sponsored

Black interior detailing?

PUNISHER7772

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT PP
Curious what seems to work best to clean and protect the dash, doors, etc. I drive with the windows down all the time so it seems to pick up dust particles a lot. Maybe something that is a good dust repellent that has UV protection. I've been looking at a lot of what is out there but a lot of reviews claim streaking on black or horrible smell. I have cloth seats so not worried about that.
Sponsored

ShriverS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ 50 Year Appearance Pack
Meguiar's quick interior detailer does the trick for me. If you're looking for a long-term solution to dust and UV problems, maybe look into having some of the interior ceramic coated.

OP
OP
PUNISHER7772

PUNISHER7772

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT PP
Meguiar's quick interior detailer does the trick for me. If you're looking for a long-term solution to dust and UV problems, maybe look into having some of the interior ceramic coated.
Reading some reviews that was one that people complained of smells and streaking on black. Figured I would come here for some "real world" replies, you never know where half the reviews come from on websites. Thanks for your response.

ShriverS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ 50 Year Appearance Pack
Only ever noticed some streaking when using that product on glass or chrome but seems to work a-okay on black interior. I generally use Chemical Guys leather cleaner on the dash and follow it up with some conditioner to protect.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
303 Protectant. Their products are great!

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I use my meguires quick detailer inside and out. I follow dallaspaintcorrection on YouTube and he recommended it so I went for it and have been happy. Doesn’t attract dust

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Another vote for 303.

IMG-E1261.jpg

303 has no fragrance and gives a nice matte finish as apposed to the hideous, slick shiny look that some products give.

I use a small microfibre pad to make application easy and avoid overspray.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Same here... and I never use the product (or similar) in direct sunlight OR if the interior has been baking in the sun. Always do interior detailing if exterior temps are around 72* or less and interior has cooled. Sometimes when applying certain cleaning products to a hot dash, door panels etc, the product can stain since the interior panel is so hot, it just bakes the cleaning solution.

And here’s my process:

1) Get a good and clean microfiber towel.
2) Using Meguiars QID towelette, wipe down 1 interior panel.
3) Immediately after using the Meguiars towelette, then use the clean microfiber to thoroughly remove any MQID residue from the panel.
4) Use shop vac last to finish/complete detailing interior and you also remove any residual fibers/dust.
5) Store the Meguiars inside the house, not in a garage or shed that lacks temp control; the product will dry out if left stored in a location that experiences extreme temp swings.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Nextzett Cockpit Premium is the best interior cleaner I've ever used, especially if you want to leave a factory finish. It leaves no residue, can be used on all surfaces (including the display), and leaves a bit of UV protection. Unlike several other products I've used, it will not leaves streaks on the chrome trim.

Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Nextzett Cockpit Cleaner or P&S Interior Cleaner both solid choices, both leave a clean factory matte finish.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
P&S Interior Cleaner
Gyeon Vinyl Cleaner
Carpro Inside

All are good products, and don't leave any greasy residue behind. Throw a dart and pick one or two.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I just bought a gallon of P&S interior cleaner. Seems to work well, is cheaper, and smells a bit better than the Nextzett, but I'm still having the issue I have with most interior cleaners, the cleaner leaves streaks on the chrome interior pieces. So far every interior cleaner I've used other than the Nextzett has left streaks on the chrome. Does anyone else have this problem? It's not a big deal, I just wipe the chrome down later with window cleaner or Griots Speed Shine but it would be nice to avoid that extra step. I should just wrap the chrome or switch it out for GT350 stuff.
Sponsored