Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
C8 looks nice.

Problem is, Vettes are for old men.

I've not got a full head of grey hair yet, so I'll stick to my Mustangs :)
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Ford is their own worst enemy with the ADM bullshit. The GT350 should have never been a "Shelby", it was a Boss 302 more or less but they put that Shelby name on it to raise the price more. People want to pay for that Shelby name though, and Ford knows this. At the end of the day the C8 is a clean slate design that is for all intents and purposes solely for the Vette. Ford is pushing the Shelby on a 5 year old chassis that it shares with the 4cyl EcoBoost Mustang. To normal people that can be seen as a turnoff.
Naw people are buying the sh!t out of hellcats. and that platform has been around all most three times as long as the S550.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Show me an owner of a 13 gt500 running 200mph stock. I have not seen a single one despite the mfg claim.
Similar to the demon achieving 9.64 trap in the 1/4 mile.
This may happen to the c8, doing 0-60 in under 3 secs, or the car retailing for 60k and under.

Pipe dream.. :D
Maybe not in the real world, but 1st gear is good for 60 mph in the GT500. I believe 3rd goes all the way to 140 mph. The gearing is tall as heck, hence the term "200 mph gearing".

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
No one else thinks the C8 looks like an NSX. I guess no one really cares. LOL.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
No one else thinks the C8 looks like an NSX. I guess no one really cares. LOL.
At first glance one might think so. But going back and forth between the NSX and the Corvette and they start to look less like each other. The lines are completely different on both cars. It's mostly the ME look with the low, steeply raked windshield, general shoulder angle from low in the front to higher in the back, and side vents (except they are in different locations) that make them resemble each other.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm very impresses by that car, and for the price.

do you guys think that many people that are considering a GT500 will move towards the Corvette? since its cheaper and has a super car looks.

what's your opinion?
I've made the decision to switch from the GT500 and couldn't be more happy with the looks. Now, I'll just wait and see what the Z06 brings. Nice job chevy!!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
The new nsx? No way.. That car is beautiful.

Maybe the old one... But... Not even close.

Way too many lines in the new corvette... It's all over the place.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Finally it's not an old man car!!! A Corvette that is aimed for a younger generation of customer, finally. I know there are people my age that like the c7, but there are plenty that don't. This is a welcome update to a platform that typically caters to a Scottsdale retiree. This is the first time I have said that I want a Vette.

Historically I have not been a Chevrolet fan. Not necessarily due to the brand, they just never made anything I much cared for. This new Corvette though is just simply amazing. It has the looks, power, performance and luxury that it deserves.

I don't mind the elongated proportion as the extra trunk space is welcome. The rear is a welcome change. I like it, I know others don't but it's different and refreshing. The square exhaust tips are interesting and do it for me.

All of the integrated aero on a base car is very nice. Cooling should not be a problem for this gen. Power is about perfect, would have liked 500 hp, but close enough. I will admit I wish the engine was different, I want an exotic sound with a mid engine layout. It's obviously not going to sound bad, but something about the layout makes you want a more exotic soundtrack to follow suit. Speaking of the engine, serviceability. You don't need to drop the engine for any maintenance and most repairs. That's huge and a game changer. Finally a mid engine v8 for the average person. You can likely own this out of warranty and not have to worry.

Can't argue with the price. Well optioned should be in the 75k range. After about 2-3 years in the used market it's going to be a $45,000 mid engine that will get a lot more people interested. If this thing is half as good as we all suspect it is going to be, then it's putting just about every sports car manufacturer on notice. I do believe that this is going to be a game changer and really make a lot of people question their next sports car purchase. Idk if it's going to affect the new market for 200k cars, but the used market in the 100k range is going to take a hit. Why get a 10 year f430 when you can get a new Vette cheaper. I know I know, thats not all there is too it, but it will make a lot of people take another look.

I for one and eager to learn more about this and with a little luck in 2 to 3 years one will be in my garage

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Like the C7, if your a tall and big guy like me, you are not fitting into a C8. I tried my best with the C7 and spent 15 minutes adjusting the seat at a car show with one of those pretty women, and I could not fit even with the seat all the way down. Plenty of room in the mustang and my 911s
I have hope, as we have no dimensions yet. My father has a McLaren 12c and while it's hard to get in and out of due to the giant sills of the carbon tub it's surprisingly roomy on the inside. I'm about 6ft tall and 350lbs and fit comfortably in it. It's possible the c8 has similar room, but I agree about the c7 it's very cramped. The tunnel in the c8 has me worried that there may not be much hip room. If i can sit in the c8 with some comfort then I'm a buyer. Fingers crossed.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Not feeling the overall proportions, exterior design or styling cues.
The rear end design is an abomination.
Great starting price and predicted performance capabilities.
However, when the hype dies down and everybody who has to have one has it, sales will drop and there will be money on the table and deals to be made...just like the Camaro.

IMHO, the mid-engine Corvette appeals to a different customer base and ownership philosophy than the GT500, as the true-blue Mustang guy (like me) or gal would always chose the Ford product.
So the GT500’s weight is less than ideal and it’s overall performance numbers may fall short, it’s going to be the baddest Mustang model ever built.
If I truly believed that I would use 1/10th of it’s performance capabilities, then I would have one on order...

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I love how the Corvette just shitted on every manufacturer, Ford especially. Absolutely insane, insane value. I'm fortunate it doesn't come with a manual and a high revving engine, or else my GT350 would be in trouble.

As long as there's no major issues with the C8, it's an absolute home run.

IMO, Ford made a splash with the Voodoo engine. Chevy just caused a tsunami.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny reading all these GM camaro fanboys spewing out the same shit they did when the c6 came out and then promptly tanked. I hope all you fanboys had a hand in helping GM with the c8 like you did with the c6 camaro that means the c8 will be a sunksess six years tops and Corvette will be history like the supercar camaro.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I love how the Corvette just shitted on every manufacturer, Ford especially. Absolutely insane, insane value. I'm fortunate it doesn't come with a manual and a high revving engine, or else my GT350 would be in trouble.

As long as there's no major issues with the C8, it's an absolute home run.

IMO, Ford made a splash with the Voodoo engine. Chevy just caused a tsunami.
I agree the base pricing looks good, especially if you forget that the base model C8 isn't set up for track days. The Corvette will have a better chassis, but the GT350 has better equipment everywhere else. To get the track ready version of the C8 you will pay more. How much more is yet to be seen.

I have said in the past that mid-engine and DCT doesn't mean the car has to cost significantly more to manufacture. And Chevy has shown they want to sell lots of them. In my opinion sticking with less expensive materials was a good move. Hopefully there won't be major issues.

I think Voodoo was a huge deal, but an even bigger deal was the carbon fiber wheels. Several high end manufacturers are going to carbon fiber wheels now, following Ford's lead.
Sponsored