Vehicle Transport Carriers/Services

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
I am in the process of sealing the deal on a 2019 R out on the east coast but live in California.

Currently looking at these two carrier companies based on referrals from friends and associates:

1) https://reliable-carriers.com/

2) https://www.passporttransport.com/

These two companies seem to be mentioned the most from those I know. Any experiences with these companies or perhaps some other suggestions? I have not used a this type of transport for a vehicle before so it will be my first time.
Sponsored

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
I chose Montway. I was assigned to Safe Auto Transport. I got it shipped enclosed from Iowa to the Bay Area (~$1400). The driver picked it up on Monday and I got it on Friday. Process went smoothly. I don’t have any experience with the carriers you mentioned.

OP
OP

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
I chose Montway. I was assigned to Safe Auto Transport. I got it shipped enclosed from Iowa to the Bay Area (~$1400). The driver picked it up on Monday and I got it on Friday. Process went smoothly. I don’t have any experience with the carriers you mentioned.
Thanks for the input. Sounds like you had dealt with a broker type service. Although it seems like you had a positive experience, I do prefer to deal direct. I'll keep this in mind.

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 Fathouse Twin Turbo, 21' GT500
I am in the process of sealing the deal on a 2019 R out on the east coast but live in California.

Currently looking at these two carrier companies based on referrals from friends and associates:

1) https://reliable-carriers.com/

2) https://www.passporttransport.com/

These two companies seem to be mentioned the most from those I know. Any experiences with these companies or perhaps some other suggestions? I have not used a this type of transport for a vehicle before so it will be my first time.
They're both great to deal with. I've used both numerous times. The only potential issue with either of these companies is availability around major auction times.

OP
OP

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
They're both great to deal with. I've used both numerous times. The only potential issue with either of these companies is availability around major auction times.
And when would the major auction times be? I was curious as to whether or not there were busy months/seasons/etc.

Sponsored

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
That’s not going to be cheap. What are you getting quotes on? Around $2000 I’m assuming? I’ve used reliable and intercity lines with great success

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Back in 2016 when I was looking for transporters, I found Montway. Theyre brokers, and one of the fine print that I read at the time was that you cannot talk bad about their services. I took it as if they referred to you a crappy transport company, you couldn't fault them publicly for that.

That was enough for me to avoid them. I don't know if that's still how they operate.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Thanks for the input. Sounds like you had dealt with a broker type service. Although it seems like you had a positive experience, I do prefer to deal direct. I'll keep this in mind.
I went with Intercity lines. Family owned and operated from top to bottom.

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
Back in 2016 when I was looking for transporters, I found Montway. Theyre brokers, and one of the fine print that I read at the time was that you cannot talk bad about their services. I took it as if they referred to you a crappy transport company, you couldn't fault them publicly for that.

That was enough for me to avoid them. I don't know if that's still how they operate.
Wow that sounds super shady. I wouldn’t have chosen them if I knew this.

Sponsored

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I just sold a car and the buyer went through Montway, but as stated being a broker they contracted with Masney, drivers name was Andrew Cover, 703-539-8332. Very nice enclosed tractor trailer. DC to Arizona $1,500. Would have been cheaper ifvi went direct. Enclosed more expensive than open trailers, and as stated most are broker houses.

OP
OP

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Thanks for all the input everyone. I’m leaning more towards Passport as they quoted me roughly $2400 for just over 2600 miles for an enclosed type transport from VA to CA. Still waiting for Reliable to come back to me with a quote, but hopefully this post gives a baseline for what to expect based on distance. I’m assuming that certain seasons or months will likely have a surge in pricing based on availability and workload.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I'll drive it cross country for you....

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Try the number i gave you to compare. I know Reliable is more expensive. I can't say enough about the guy that transported my race car or his trailer.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I've used Reliable Carriers and very pleased. They handle Barrett Jackson as mentioned and have excellent reputation.
Also know Intercity is a great choice and many regard them highly as well. Good Luck and CONGRATS on that new R!
Sponsored