18+ A10 1 Piece Aluminum DS Issues!!

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
From Gforces website - 10r80 driveshaft listing

Specifically designed for the 2018+ Mustang 10-Speed Automatic
. All GForce Engineering aluminum driveshafts are precision-engineered, one-piece driveshafts designed for use in high-performance, high-horsepower vehicles. At home on the street, the drag strip or the track, these driveshafts are designed and built to hold up to aggressive driving while providing the mild manners you expect from a late-model performance application.

GForce Engineering driveshafts are all aluminum, splined slip-shaft assemblies designed with a tightly fitted splined assembly that lets the shaft plunge in and out but also gives the shaft the ability to spin vibration free and with incredible strength. The splined area comes with a boot to protect it from dust and other road debris. All GForce driveshafts also come with solid core, heavy-duty U-joints front and rear.

Each shaft is high-speed balance checked on some of the best balancing equipment in the industry. Each driveshaft is balanced at 7 ā€“ 8,000 rpm to ensure you get a perfectly balanced driveshaft and to eliminate vibration and NVH.

Note: These driveshafts do NOT use a CV joint. No CV means you donā€™t have an extra 5 lbs. sitting on the front of your driveshaft that puts extra stress and loads on the output shaft and seals. It also means you donā€™t have a CV joint that can wear or need serviced. Also gone are the rubber couplers that are found on the OEM driveshaft.
Sponsored

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
I have zero desire to mod my DD. So, this issue I haven't fixed. That said, drivelines and pinion angles aren't fucking rocket science. They are also rarely a bolt in affair.

I have had custom drivelines built for numerous rigs. Trucks that are lifted, lowered, t5 swapped classic mustangs, 9 second bracket race cars.
Like i said, talk is cheap. You donā€™t have any experience with this driveline mod, the issues, or installation, yet have all the answers on a fix.

Miss me with all that bs.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was out of balance, gforce recommended to get it re balanced locally.

(shop found it to be out of balance, they walked me back and showed me. I have videos)

$170 later, I have a balanced shaft that still vibrates - think driving over the rumble strips when going over 50mph and everything in your mirrors blurred...

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Like i said, talk is cheap. You donā€™t have any experience with this driveline mod, the issues, or installation, yet have all the answers on a fix.

Miss me with all that bs.
As I stated, it's not rocket science. If the angles are wrong, the shaft will vibrate. Either adjust the angles, run cv's or run the stock driveline.

Here's a shocker. People have been swapping 2 piece drivelines for 1 piece in trucks way before mustangs had 2 piece driveshafts.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GForce knows that their 10r80 drive shaft does not work with stock angles

Think about that, Iā€™m taking a bath to get part of my money back.

And Iā€™m a lucky one

I got the opposite of what they advertise and they know it

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ā€˜16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ā€˜19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Thatā€™s terrible. Drivetrain vibration strikes again!

See my other content on this site, mainly in the drivetrain vibration thread under the warranties, tsb topic. Any driveshaft has to be balanced with the flange as a matched set. Otherwise itā€™s probably going to vibrate. This is really no mystery. There is no way to make a driveshaft that will work with every car drivetrain due to variability in mfg. tolerances. Driveshaft manufacturers can make a driveshaft that is perfectly balanced. But because of your run out tolerances at your flange, it may vibrate like crazy. So do not blame the driveshaft mfg. And yes I really know what Iā€™m talking about.

Last edited:

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
The 10 speed trans introduces all types of new harmonics and vibrations at low RPM/highway speed MPH
The OEMā€™s struggled with vibrations when 3 speed autos had OD. Then lockup converters added to the mix of vibration issues.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
ALLKEINZ,
Man I went thru this same thing. I bought a brand new DSS unit and it vibrated from 65 MPH and up. Bought a brand new G-Force one and the same damn thing at the same RPMā€™s. Called up ShaftMasters and got one of theirs since they say they put some type of foam in the shaft to help vibrations and whala.......NO MORE vibrations at all from 65+ MPH it was smooth as silk. Not saying that shaftmasters will fix your issue but it did fix mine and that was the DS installation only and no shims. The shim method did nothing for me with the DSS or G-force either. Good luck bro.

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
ALLKEINZ,
Man I went thru this same thing. I bought a brand new DSS unit and it vibrated from 65 MPH and up. Bought a brand new G-Force one and the same damn thing at the same RPMā€™s. Called up ShaftMasters and got one of theirs since they say they put some type of foam in the shaft to help vibrations and whala.......NO MORE vibrations at all from 65+ MPH it was smooth as silk. Not saying that shaftmasters will fix your issue but it did fix mine and that was the DS installation only and no shims. The shim method did nothing for me with the DSS or G-force either. Good luck bro.
Shaftmasters is no longer making the 2018/2019 DS for the 10 speed auto. They told me 50% are sent back because vibrations, they will not make them anymore. They told me it's a trans issue...??

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Shaftmasters is no longer making the 2018/2019 DS for the 10 speed auto. They told me 50% are sent back because vibrations, they will not make them anymore. They told me it's a trans issue...??
Damn man really? Good grief man that sucks. Well for me it was hit right off the bat.

Sponsored

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder how the qa1 is doing?

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
I wonder how the qa1 is doing?
From what I have seen the QA1 might be the best one out there for 2018 10R80. I will let you know Friday when I get mine on. Was going with CCI but they are dead in the water, waiting for parts from Dana, along with everyone else. Found 1 QA1 Carbon Fiber on the shelf at LMR, they gave me a good price. Itā€™s pricey but I have only heard great things about it on the 2018 10R80 Mustang. Putting it on when I get It Thursday or Friday.

Last edited:

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called and talked to QA1 technical support and question them about their shaft.

They have two models for the 18 automatic listed one with a SFI certification the other without.

Both are made and tested exactly the same way the SFI certification comes with a sticker on the shaft and costs more .

Not only do they test every single shaft made they also take core samples and that gets documented along with balancing and the amount of weight and where itā€™s placed, run out ect.

If you end up losing a weight you can call them and they can look up your paperwork and send you the exact weight and tell you where it needs to go to get the shaft back in balance.

The fact that they test every single shaft and keep documentation on every single one Is amazing

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ā€˜16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ā€˜19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Yup, thatā€™s just about right. No one driveshaft works with everybodyā€™s car. You can certainly get an aftermarket aluminum shaft, but you should be prepared for vibrations, and if you cant stand it, be prepared for doing some field balancing with washers and or hose clamps. Otherwise, avoid the shaft swap.

Especially if you have a daily driver car and smooth is important. Don't upgrade unless youā€™re willing to put forth the effort to troubleshoot and fix the problem. Chances are at least even that you will be disappointed and have to send your shaft back.

Last edited: