Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Is it 105*? Am I reading that right?

If so, there’s your “lost” horsepower from 600+ with decent air I would think...

I’m sure someone can do the calculations...
Sponsored

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)

If so, there’s your “lost” horsepower from 600+ with decent air I would think...

My point exactly, probably will produce what I was hoping just poor conditions today for a dyno run. I agree its just a number but it is nice to quantify the butt dyno. Love this thing!

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
My point exactly, probably will produce what I was hoping just poor conditions today for a dyno run. I agree its just a number but it is nice to quantify the butt dyno. Love this thing!
We have similar setups both Lund tuned, I made 595 on a mustang dyno which is around 630-640 on a dynojet. But it was only like 86F when I went, so thats probably where your power went.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m right there at 583 WHP and it can still break the rear wheels loose in 4th. It’s the torque that makes the difference!
I look forward to similar results. Screw peak power figures.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

I’m not sure that the calcs can be done. The dyno has already corrected for air density.
What it can’t do though, is anticipate how the tune will react to the inlet air temps seen on the day and how much (if any) timing is pulled/not added as a result of that.
I’d be happy with 583 from a Stage 1 2300 on a day like that.

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, the stock EB tune really doesn't like partial throttle. Didn't notice it at first but been feeling a little jumpy unless its really getting the gas. Was hoping to wait until next year to get a custom tune but may have to do it sooner rather than later.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Ok, this should get some laughs. Fuel rail installation. I have all of the bolts in, but one. I just can't seem to get the passenger side rear bolt to catch a thread. I'm thinking of leaving it out. Any ideas from anyone? I thought this would be easier than the VMP I installed once upon a time. No way, for me anyway. I've now learned how to curse fluently in Martian...

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Ok, this should get some laughs. Fuel rail installation. I have all of the bolts in, but one. I just can't seem to get the passenger side rear bolt to catch a thread. I'm thinking of leaving it out. Any ideas from anyone? I thought this would be easier than the VMP I installed once upon a time. No way, for me anyway. I've now learned how to curse fluently in Martian...
Yeah those fuel rail bolts will get you every time, easiest way is to get someone with small hands to get it started

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yeah those fuel rail bolts will get you every time, easiest way is to get someone with small hands to get it started
Wife and I both tried. Wishing I would have loosely installed the bolts, prior to installing the supercharger. Watched the CJ Pony Parts video and they didn't even show that part...

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
Wife and I both tried. Wishing I would have loosely installed the bolts, prior to installing the supercharger. Watched the CJ Pony Parts video and they didn't even show that part...
I felt that was the most difficult part of the install as well. Not sure mine got tight enough but so far no fuel leaks!

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
My passenger rear also gave us some trouble. We finally got it though. Try some of these if you haven't already.

#1. My holes were drilled upwards a little bit. Once I angled the screw up slightly and lifted up to the fuel rail it was easier to get started.
#2. I cut a tap down and ran it in and out of each hole.
#3. Clean the threads up with a file.
#4. Try starting the bolts without the fuel rail in place and even switch bolt from hole to hole.
#5. Let the first bolt really loose until you get 2nd one started.
#6. Use a ball end Allen key.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
My passenger rear also gave us some trouble. We finally got it though. Try some of these if you haven't already.

#1. My holes were drilled upwards a little bit. Once I angled the screw up slightly and lifted up to the fuel rail it was easier to get started.
They are all cut like that, it's what usually throws people off

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@mikengail i used a small phillips screw driver to align the holes on each one before I put the bolt in. A nail or similar would work as well. Just insert, jiggle until it's centered, then give it another go. Good luck!

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everybody, especially the tip about the slight up angle of the holes. I'm going to have to take a break from it for a while. My finger tips are too numb to hold anything right. Lol...

Dun5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 15 Premium
Any of you guys notice the injectors don’t sit very far down into the supercharger. They are in but I can see the o ring slightly. Would a few of you guys check and see if y’all can see the o ring also.
Sponsored