Sponsored

Are you in? Or are you out?

Ok, the dust has settled. Who's in or out?

• Total voters

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I think you'll be surprised just how well the base c8 will perform compared to the gt500. Why are you surprised that people want to spend their disposable income on a light weight, mid engine sports car with a removable roof, instead of a 4100 pound mustang?
how so? compare the stats for a dummy like me. 2 seater cars are even more niche than a 80k car.. Im curious how something is a better buy when no details that make it comparable are released yet
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
crazy. 48 hours ago, people complaining about gt500 because they dont know enough details, weight, 1/4 mile etc. and today, they already "jumped ship" to a car thats BASE model is already inferior in performance, less HP, no known 1/4 mile, becuase it starts under 60; and no price or ETA for a comparable higher model.

the world we live in make me laugh if it wasnt so sad
It's the best news ever imo. Maybe the GT500 ADMs will cool off sooner. I have to admit, I think the C8 is pure awesomeness. Can't wait to see the Z06 version.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
People, quit saying the base C8 will go 0-60 in under 3 seconds. Also, quit saying the C8 will go 0-60 in under 3 seconds for under $60k. They clearly said in the reveal that the Z51 package goes 0-60 in under 3 seconds. That's likely a $5-6k option, based on the C7 pricing. So, the base engine Z51 C8 will go 0-60 in slightly under 3 seconds for $65-66k. That said, the base that costs ~$59,995 (still not sure if that includes destination) will likely do 0-60 in low 3s. Still, it's a bargin and an awesome car.
I am thinking the Z51 pack option will push $10k or so. Therefore will be around the base GT500 pricing.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I am thinking the Z51 pack option will push $10k or so. Therefore will be around the base GT500 pricing.
Z51 is $5,000 on C7. Will likely be about the same for C8. Could potentially be less since Dry Sump is part of the C7 Z51 package but is already included in the base C8.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I honestly don’t really care about any numbers anyone is spouting about either car. Literally no one has published any driving reviews or tests for either. Both are going to be fast, fun cars and if one is slightly quicker, I could give two shits. And I can guarantee the C8 will have an ADM at the beginning too with all the press it’s getting and the backlog of hype for the mid-engine.
Only dealers getting like 1 will try to mark up a base model Corvette. I bought a C7 back in 2014 when they were all the rage too. Finding msrp was no problem. The big Corvette dealers don't play these games on the mass produced Vettes, and there are plenty to choose from. It just doesn't make sense. The more they sell, the more they get. Even moderate sellers have already announced they've been given upwards of 40 allocations. Big timers like Kerbeck get hundreds per year. The C8 will be in the hands of the people who want them. Let Ford keep playing their games. GM wants their cars out in the wild and driven.

Sponsored

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Only dealers getting like 1 will try to mark up a base model Corvette. I bought a C7 back in 2014 when they were all the rage too. Finding msrp was no problem. The big Corvette dealers don't play these games on the mass produced Vettes, and there are plenty to choose from. It just doesn't make sense. The more they sell, the more they get. Even moderate sellers have already announced they've been given upwards of 40 allocations. Big timers like Kerbeck get hundreds per year. The C8 will be in the hands of the people who want them. Let Ford keep playing their games. GM wants their cars out in the wild and driven.
How is it a game when this car has always been limited availability? You are comparing a car that chevy will make as many as they can sell of verse a car that ford doesn't want an unlimited number of. You are not having a logical argument between the two. GT500 will be in the hands of people that want and can afford them as well. Just won't see 50k of them on the road.

FourStangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
67 GT500, 68 GT500 Convertible, 69 Boss 429, 70 Mach 1, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I’m wondering how this thread turned into a “Talk up the C8 Vette” chat room???....For all the Pro-Vette Guys...Congratulations, looks like a cool car, go for it! I just prefer not to read about it over and over on a Mustang Forum. Aren’t there Vette Forums you guys could go to and share your accolades?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I’m wondering how this thread turned into a “Talk up the C8 Vette” chat room???....For all the Pro-Vette Guys...Congratulations, looks like a cool car, go for it! I just prefer not to read about it over and over on a Mustang Forum. Aren’t there Vette Forums you guys could go to and share your accolades?
Yea, really. It was never my intent. However with the C8 and it's reveal, I can understand some of the posts to be pertinent in their decision in buying a 500 or not. Honestly, if I couldn't get a 500 CFTP, I would be looking very hard at the C8 equivalent, whatever that may be (if it even will be).

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I agree, I will never buy a Garbage Motors vehicle on principle based purely on what they did to their basic shareholders just 10 years ago and the shenanigans with that. I think the ME is a cool car, but I will never buy one. I will get a GT500 even if I have to Weed out greedy dealers and find a good deal. I agree, Ford could control that a little better though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree, I will never buy a Garbage Motors vehicle on principle based purely on what they did to their basic shareholders just 10 years ago and the shenanigans with that. I think the ME is a cool car, but I will never buy one. I will get a GT500 even if I have to Weed out greedy dealers and find a good deal. I agree, Ford could control that a little better though.
They won't anytime soon. The allocation process is an award to dealerships that move cars. Incentive.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
They've just got tired of circle jerking with the same old crowd and want to see if they can get anyone new to join.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
They've just got tired of circle jerking with the same old crowd and want to see if they can get anyone new to join.
They must have already taken their blue pill and shot their wads and want to try to get some younger acolytes into Garbage Motors.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How is it a game when this car has always been limited availability? You are comparing a car that chevy will make as many as they can sell of verse a car that ford doesn't want an unlimited number of. You are not having a logical argument between the two. GT500 will be in the hands of people that want and can afford them as well. Just won't see 50k of them on the road.
I think the most difficult thing about the ADM we should be discussing is no one has made their money back on sale/trade in several years later. I see exotics making it back. The value stays there. Ford dealer managers have told me straight up they don’t us flipping for a profit. They want that money.
Sponsored