Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I agree with the latter. I was thinking the exact same thing about 30 seconds ago.

As far as the styling, I don’t really know what to think about it yet. Ha ha
I do. It's so fugly it better give a good BJ!

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I'm Ford to the core as well.....but I went to the dealer this morning to get my name on the list. Never sell the Mustang though. It will take at least a year to get to Oz so I have time to start saving.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Anyone who thinks the c8 won't have high ADM's isn't living in the real world when Jeep dealer puts ADM on a new Gladiator that raises the price from 58k to 70k you can bet your ass the new c8 will ADM'ed to death.
News flash...ford X plan, doesn’t let you buy any Shelby or Raptor. GM Supplier discount, let you buy any corvette, except the ZR1.

That alone will get you a C8 Base, without ADM and dealer fees.

Anyone who thinks there going to find a 60k c8 is delusional. GM is only going to roll out the highly optioned cars first. If you want a stripo c8 you'll have to order it and good luck finding a dealer willing to do it.
Read above, and the dealers can’t say no, because they are just the middle man between you and chevy. Prices are locked.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I don't think I have ever seen a new corvette for sale at a dealer that did not have options. I couldn't even find a used C6 that didn't have options.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
News flash...ford X plan, doesn’t let you buy any Shelby or Raptor. GM Supplier discount, let you buy any corvette, except the ZR1.

That alone will get you a C8 Base, without ADM and dealer fees.

Read above, and the dealers can’t say no, because they are just the middle man between you and chevy. Prices are locked.
News Flash : I have gotten Xplan on my Shelby GT and my 04 cobra and Mach 1 - i also have gotten supplier discount on my Hellcat too so I guess its all about which dealer you go too

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That's what they said about the Mustang before it hit Germany. Now it's outselling EVERY sport coupe in Germany.
But the Mustang has always had an legendary mystic in Europe but not chevy to Europeans a chevy is well just a chevy.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
They can say no their allocations are full and they're unable to order the car that you want at this time.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
This is a very big deal for Australia as they are making a RHD version for us. They will sell all they have easily.

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Why is it that people want to compare or put the Corvette into the same league as the Mustang?

The Corvette and Mustang are in 2 totally different arenas - and the Mustang was never meant to dethrone the Vette, not now and not when the Mustang was first conceived.

The Thunderbird was Ford’s answer to the Vette of the time.

The Mustang or Mustang Shelby vs Vette discussion is just silly - again you’re taking about 2 entirely different platforms - neither of which compare to each other and neither of which were ever “competitors” from a manufacturing perspective.
I've wanted a Thunderbird revival for years. The 11th gen was a great idea, with poor execution. Launch with the Coyote, follow up with the Predator in Super Coupe guise.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Hate to say it but GM straight kicked Ford in the mouth with this. That under $60k price tag was a bombshell. People were speculating the car to be $80-$100k. The GT500 also lost its specialness before even hitting the showroom floors with having the DCT when GM put a DCT in a under $60k mid engine 500hp car.
Have to agree if you can order one of these and get it when they say you are going to get it with no ADM. Complete kick in the nuts to the Ford dealers. Couldn't have come at a better time. How's the big ADM's on both Shelby's today?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
For one, all of those saying that the Mustang and C8 are not in the same category. They sure are now considering that the C8 starts cheaper than a GT350 and GT500.
If you're just considering price, then the GT350 and C8 are in the same category as a Silverado.

I don't think they're in the same category, and don't think the C8 and the 911 Turbo are in the same category. No matter how much design and development money you spend, you can't make a front engine / rear wheel drive car perform the same as a mid engine / RWD or an AWD car. The physics just don't allow it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Put a deposit on an allocation yesterday and can order it exactly how I like next week. Base cars are possible to get if that’s what you desire. Personally going to splurge for the Z51 package though.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
They can say no their allocations are full and they're unable to order the car that you want at this time.
So can Ford? That's not unique to Chevy, but it is less likely since the Corvette is a model of its own. Trying to order a ZR1 will be difficult. Ordering anything less, like a standard C8 or an option like a Z51 won't be.

News Flash : I have gotten Xplan on my Shelby GT and my 04 cobra and Mach 1 - i also have gotten supplier discount on my Hellcat too so I guess its all about which dealer you go too
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm#pricing

Scroll to ineligible products. The GT500 will not qualify for any AXZ plan. Find an invoice that shows the pricing and a dealer's signature on it if you still don't believe it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.