Sponsored

anything gone wrong with your car?

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Has anything gone wrong with your car? I’m close to 50k and four years of this car. One failed water pump replaced on it under warranty. I hammer it when I can and it spends a lot of time in very heavy traffic which isn’t great. Utterly reliable machine so far (touch wood!)

They built the mustang for the 5.0 so the 3.7... sort of means it’s overbuilt for us. This is a good thing. I’ve had a lot of older used cars and I’ve had to do a lot of wrenching on them. Not this one. Sure 50k isn’t too much. But overall this has been a fantastic machine in every way.
Sponsored

vnzbd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6
I have a 16 at 21k miles. Evaporator core at 11k and steering wheel at 15k.

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I've driven over 5,000 miles in 2 months and I'm not gonna lie, I beat the hell out of it when I can and it's still healthy as ever. Currently at 30k miles.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Other than the cracking by my a-pillars which let water in, nothing that can't be contributed to changes I've made to the car.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Just turned 10k. Driver side window has made a slight scraping noise on the way up since day one. If I ever go to the dealer for service, I may mention it. Love the way she runs. I think the lack of options on this car will help insure a long trouble free life.

Sponsored

Tutone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 MT
Right front Control Arm right front was groaning at 10,000 km, replaced under warranty.
Water leak right side kick panel area. Seam resealed under warranty.
Water leak right side A pillar, seam resealed under warranty.
Back left emergency brake assembly seized, new rear caliber replaced under warranty.
Rear camera now not working intermittently. Hope to have repaired before bumper to bumper warranty expires in 1200km.

Last edited:

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
I have been very lucky, Original owner and have just over 70,000 miles. My daily driver all year thru the harsh heat and the cold winters (throw on a set of snow tires). .Just a few performance goodies and still very reliable

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've put 10k on my '15 (from 25k to 35k) in the 10 months I've had it. No issues, but I'd be disappointed if I had any problems at 35k miles. I guess I've been lucky. My last 3-4 vehicles have been very reliable.

MadMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang v6
@ 7k "Clank" issue replaced under warranty.
@ 30k water pump leaked, replaced under warranty.
@ 30k front engine cover leaking oil, replaced under warranty.

Daily driver in Los Angeles, bumper to bumper traffic and I beat the hell outta it when I get open road.

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Active exhaust. Not wanting to take it in yet.

Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
87,800 miles, no problems except for right rear axel cv joint leak, covered under fords power train warranty (done at 40k miles). Only problems are due to mods that I have done to it (i.e. suspension and radio conversion...but those have been self-inflicted so to speak...and all fixed). These engines combined with the 6R80 automatic transmissions should hold up for a long time provided that the regular maintenance is done.

I do have the hood paint corrosion problem...but I do not believe Ford will honor the warranty...so I am just going to leave it alone.

However, I guess it also helps that most of my driving has been highway miles and I don't really beat on it. Its been a lot of fun. However, I will say that even with all this, I will not buy another Ford ever again...the quality control has really suffered and unless you are on top of things...things can get out of hand.

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
no performance mods or racing ----- mostly highway miles

8k miles ---- clunk which was excessive drive-line play (DS, rear pinion and trans pinion replaced) warranty covered
8k miles ---- 50-70mph vibration not really a fix hose clamp on DS moved most of the vibration to over 80 mph. warranty covered
60k miles ---- differential or rear bearings making a metallic scrapping noise 35-50mph. Any faster and it is lost in road noise. Also, getting a crunching sound when backing and turning at same time. Have appointment with dealership. it will be a wait and see if ford ESP is honored.pretty much all drive line parts are covered.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Drivers door speaker, even the chime sounds weird! Ordered a pair of Powerbase (OE652-FD) I might replace the back deck speakers if I like them. Otherwise no failures so far.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
2016 051A. I'm the original owner, and it has 18600 miles on it now. At around 4000 miles, I had a throttle body failure, was replaced under warranty. At 6700 miles, I had a driveshaft replaced for a clunk, subsequently requiring Vetronix rebalancing of the new driveshaft with the hose clamp method- sounds about the same as @gov cheese. Warranty repair as well.

Both problems were known issues with a few of these cars. It has been trouble-free and fun since. I'm still surprised at the speed and power from 3.7 litres -I still get compliments on it.

DD, city driving with monthly blast around beltway with a little onramp hooning to blow out the cobwebs. Occasional road trips to S California and Salt Lake City.

20mustang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave Deluca
Vehicle(s)
2019. Mustang gt pp2 D.O.A. LEMON
2019 gt pp2 mustang special order got the car June 15 th it's been in the shop for 22 days already major electrical and mechanical issiues if you plan in keeping your car past the 3yr 36 you better invest into the extended warranty! That's all I have to say about that !
Sponsored