N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It's like a Ferrari, Lamborghini, & vette had a 3-way. Anyways, the GM engineers really don't give a Flying F about the Mustang GT, GT350, GT500, or the GT. Their main concern is wooing away Porsche 911 Turbo S customers by going directly after it. But that won't happens until they make the DOHC twin turbo, flat plane crank engine. Suddenly your 60$K price tag is looking pretty cheap.
Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Even at 65-70 realistic buy on c8 you could take a brand new discounted GT mustang and throw 25-30k to match the vette $. Then where do we stand...? ;).
That would be interesting. However, even if you get a high level of power, there is very little suspension out there for the Mustang that will give it the handling of well tuned Mid-Engine car. The handling of the C8 mid-engine design will still make the best Mustang built up to be a super PP2 look clumsy on the track. And like I said before. Strap on a blower to that 6.2L, and there is almost nothing a Mustang can do, no matter how much money you throw at it.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone who thinks the c8 won't have high ADM's isn't living in the real world when Jeep dealer puts ADM on a new Gladiator that raises the price from 58k to 70k you can bet your ass the new c8 will ADM'ed to death.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are funny as hell trying to match the c8 and the Mustang there not even close to being in the same category. Sounds like a bunch of c6g boi's thinking their finally going to get revenge for Mustang kicking camaros ass in sales. :crackup:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Anyone who thinks the c8 won't have high ADM's isn't living in the real world when Jeep dealer puts ADM on a new Gladiator that raises the price from 58k to 70k you can bet your ass the new c8 will ADM'ed to death.
j

Historically, the corvettes have not had ADM's attached I thought?

If that's the case, I don't know why history would change.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Why is it that people want to compare or put the Corvette into the same league as the Mustang?

The Corvette and Mustang are in 2 totally different arenas - and the Mustang was never meant to dethrone the Vette, not now and not when the Mustang was first conceived.

The Thunderbird was Ford’s answer to the Vette of the time.

The Mustang or Mustang Shelby vs Vette discussion is just silly - again you’re taking about 2 entirely different platforms - neither of which compare to each other and neither of which were ever “competitors” from a manufacturing perspective.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The $60K C8 is a rental car. Albeit a cool mid-engine rental car.
Anyone who thinks there going to find a 60k c8 is delusional. GM is only going to roll out the highly optioned cars first. If you want a stripo c8 you'll have to order it and good luck finding a dealer willing to do it.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Once the C8 gets forced induction, I think all supercars (Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche) are all in trouble.
I'm afraid I have to disagree people looking at buying a Ferrari or a Lamborghini aren't going to be looking at a chevy.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Hate to say it but GM straight kicked Ford in the mouth with this. That under $60k price tag was a bombshell. People were speculating the car to be $80-$100k. The GT500 also lost its specialness before even hitting the showroom floors with having the DCT when GM put a DCT in a under $60k mid engine 500hp car.

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
So I'm a life-long Mopar guy, and when I think super-muscle, I'm thinking Viper. There isn't a Challenger or Charger that I'd buy for new $60K, and if we're talking used I'm looking at the Jeep SRT8 before the Hellcats/Demons. $60K will buy a decent used Viper, but that's a lot of money for used, and I think the C8 is going to give any non-ACR Viper a hard run for the money while doing everything else better. I broke from my Mopar roots to buy my Mustang, and I may just do it again for a C8 - once the boys are out of college...

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Hard to see paying $60K for a 350 when you can buy a C8 for the same. The 10K difference to move up to the GT 500 might make sense given the extra 265hp. The C8 and GT500 both seem to be bargains for what you get but the 350 and ZL1 just make no sense anymore.
How is this different than the C7?
GT350 is slated for upgrades.....many are performance oriented.
Hoping the GT500's transmission is shared.
Possible HP bump.
Maybe sharing the GT500's suspension and tires?

I like this Vette....but they really are two different flavors of cars.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Hate to say it but GM straight kicked Ford in the mouth with this. That under $60k price tag was a bombshell. People were speculating the car to be $80-$100k. The GT500 also lost its specialness before even hitting the showroom floors with having the DCT when GM put a DCT in a under $60k mid engine 500hp car.
ADM and trim levels will make this price more of a gimmick.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
For one, all of those saying that the Mustang and C8 are not in the same category. They sure are now considering that the C8 starts cheaper than a GT350 and GT500.

C8 starts at 60k
C8 Z51 starts around 65k

GT350 starts at 59k (Gas guzzler puts it over 60k)
GT350 starts at 70k (Gas guzzler puts it over 72k)

Ford will be taking a massive hit in high performance car superiority, if that impacts sales is up for debate.

Don't bring up modding when arguing about production cars, you can make anything fast with enough money.

For the average buyer in the market for a high performance car they will look at the C8 and ask why would I spend money on a GT350 or a GT500 over this? C8 weighs less, costs the same or less, mid-engine driving dynamics, better MPG, 0-60, and handling. They will view the C8 as an American Supercar compared to a hotter Mustang.

Ford has a lot of ground to make up. The only thing the Shelby twins have going on is that they are more roudy, have back seats (Non-R/CF Track Pack) and have marginally better storage. The GT500 may be faster on the 1/4 mile or road course but that is also up for debate.

If the C8 introduces the rumored 5.5 FPC in one of its trims that swipes the GT350's party trick from underneath it then rubs salt in the wound for being a bigger FPC. The GT500 is just plain screwed, it's party trick is a DCT and higher HP than the ZR1. Yet the C8 has an additional gear in it's DCT, faster 0-60 and weights ~500 pounds less.

Ford needs to reduce cost and increase performance of the Ford Performance Mustangs to compete with the C8's performance value. The Mustang needs to go on a diet or the mid engine Mustang needs to be revived.

Last edited:

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Calling the S550 platform a pig doesn’t sound (Ford to the core)
I am just a little angry these cars have gotten so heavy. I really like the GT500 and want to buy one but
I wanted the GT500 to be lighter. It is not going to be. Wet with a driver I can see 4300 all day.

C8 wet with driver 3600. 700 pounds.

Or 3.93 American women for those counting.

You will not out run a C8 on the street without being stupid.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.