Is a GT350 right for me?

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
OP you need to read your original post and rethink what you want. You stated you want a daily driver something to drive between FLA and PA and drive through the PA hillside. You wanted something that you could take to the track and go all out with. I used to be a track rat also. Now the older I get the faster I was. With the upgrades and improvements on the GT350 non R that is the perfect car for you unless you need to pump your chest out and say "I have an R" The non R will do exactly what you want it to do. Th rear wing with the handing package {Gurney Flap) has 238 lbs of downforce at 120 MPH. The heated and cooled seats and very comfortable for your trips back and forth. The 2019 has all the latest updates (see attached article). You are overthinking this. Life is too short and we are not getting any younger.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/sibling-rivalry-comparing-2019-gt350-gt350r/
Sponsored

OP
OP
GCBC

GCBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT-350R & V12 Vanquish
thanks guys for your input ive finally decided what im doing... Also with the reveal of the new corvette last night finalized it.
I'm ordering a new loaded vette and going to supercharge it and upgrade the wheels brakes and with its looks inside and out ill be thrilled with it for many years to come and ill get a cheap gt350 regular to modify as needed right now.
Unfortunately I JUST missed the blue 17 8k mile one on bring a trailer for 41k since I had no internet on my farm and phone couldn't get in to bid.

Im looking for a 17+ for under 44k on east coast

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful car. I hope you don't have the same problem I had. I bought my 2019 Aston Martin Vantage which is a great car that I love. BUT!!!! I missed the third pedal so much I bought the GT350. Now I never drive the Aston. It looks awesome and is more of a car than the GT350. But the old school third pedal was too much fun to give up. Good luck with the Corvette.

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
Beautiful car. I hope you don't have the same problem I had. I bought my 2019 Aston Martin Vantage which is a great car that I love. BUT!!!! I missed the third pedal so much I bought the GT350. Now I never drive the Aston. It looks awesome and is more of a car than the GT350. But the old school third pedal was too much fun to give up. Good luck with the Corvette.
Aston Martin is making the 2020 Vantage with a manual.

I cant imagine how good that will be.

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
it looks like they are doing for the "base" model as well. starting at 149k
I missed that announcement. The 7 speed dog leg gearbox is a good gearbox. Andy Palmer said all along that he was committed to building a manual Vantage I was just too impatient. Had to have it. Now it sits on the top level of my lift and I drive my manual GT350.

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
I missed that announcement. The 7 speed dog leg gearbox is a good gearbox. Andy Palmer said all along that he was committed to building a manual Vantage I was just too impatient. Had to have it. Now it sits on the top level of my lift and I drive my manual GT350.
Man dont worry, i wish I had a Aston martin sitting in my garage! i will soon!

Congrats on both amazing cars!

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Hey, I just had my left peroneal tendon repaired as well as my left Achilles, so I can't drive a manual. I'll put some miles on your Vantage. Out of the goodness of my heart.
Sponsored