New ZL1 Camaro?? Picture inside! Edit: C8 Corvette

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The GT500 seems less exciting and overpriced now. Plus we don't know how much it weighs yet.
Yup, cant even order the mid engine yet and you see the dry weight. Order banks open for nearly 3 weeks on the GT500 and still dont know the dry weight. Probably wont ever get it from them, even after its headed down the assembly line. Unreal... SMH @Ford
Maybe trying to save a few grams making another 3d printer part before they release weight? Or is it just because hefty hefty hefty!
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
This is exactly what Ford deserves for dragging their ass on the GT500 I dont feel bad for a second!

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Good job GM. Very impressed.

Cannot wait to see a Cadillac version.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
GT500 Halo Mustang with 2015 ecoboost headlights and no one knows the 0-60, 1/4 mile time, weight, ect.

Hell Ive seen the GT500 in person but that didnt show much.

Cmon Ford get your ass together besides putting out a Heritage Ford GT no one can afford and little care about.

Now we got Dodge and GM marketing departments giving Ford the middle finger and laughing!

shpion1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ruby Red GT Conv Prem, PP
I'm in... had several C5s and loved them. like what the C8 brings in the base format and kind of like design.. wasn't sure what they were going to come up with along with the new mid engine arrangement but I'm not disappointed. My 17 CVGTPP is a toy car, I couldn't justify the price of getting a 500 as a toy car... but i can certainly justify a C8 with a couple of goodies... I'll likely trade up to a Z51... and they come in yellow ☺...

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
GM is putting a huge dent on the current c7, camaro zl1 zl1/1le, mustang gt350, upcoming gt500, and toyota supra. Corvette will lower the sales of these cars tremendously. Ford waited way too long for the gt500 in my opinion. The lt2 will most likely replace the current camaro engine in the upcoming years. Since camaro will never go mid engine, Corvette regain the performance crown from its little brother.

People doubting the sub 3 seconds, remember thats for the z51 packaged car but we can assume the base model can do low 3’s. Less than 60 grand, GM hit the jackpot in the sports car market.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Does anyone think that this latest version of the Vette, strays too far from the formula that made it what it is? A front engine, rear drive American sports car? Reminds me when Harley came up with the V-Rod years back...A high tech, DOHC four valve V twin to modernize their performance and image but guess what...A Harley is not a Harley unless it is an air cooled push rod V twin and that is still what the majority of their customers want.
This C8 is not Evolution but Revolution.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
GM is putting a huge dent on the current c7, camaro zl1 zl1/1le, mustang gt350, upcoming gt500, and toyota supra. Corvette will lower the sales of these cars tremendously. Ford waited way too long for the gt500 in my opinion. The lt2 will most likely replace the current camaro engine in the upcoming years. Since camaro will never go mid engine, Corvette regain the performance crown from its little brother.

People doubting the sub 3 seconds, remember thats for the z51 packaged car but we can assume the base model can do low 3’s. Less than 60 grand, GM hit the jackpot in the sports car market.
GM is pretty good about giving good performance numbers. When the ZL1 came out with the A10 and stated 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, pretty much anyone could get that number.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Agreed that the C8 reveal was a bombshell for low cost high performance cars. The GT500 is definitely taking a massive hit before it has even hit lots.

The only reason you wouldn't get a C8 is if you needed back seats or have brand loyalty.

My worry is that Ford does not have a planned response. All I can see that can save them is reducing weight, hybrid drivetrain and potentially bringing Project Silver back from the grave (S550 based Mid-Engine Mustang circa 2014-2015).

I think the C8 is the reason that the Camaro is not being renewed.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Serves m right, as far as I'm concerned.
bought lots of cars from Ford over the last 10 years. I think that number is going to zero for some time to come. I'll keep the 350R tho. probably nothing else.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Looks incredible other than the Camaro looking rear end and all the buttons! Performance is going to be awesome even with the base model, at that wieght 490 hp is plenty. It looks like GM did a good job keeping the price and weight down. I think GM is on to something by cutting the Camaro and keeping the Corvette affordable. Also I think there smart by following what Ford did with the mustang and offer a right hand drive model. Higher volume of sales helps bring down the unit price. I guess this is the trend but another beloved manual option bites the dust!:brokenheart:

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Agreed that the C8 reveal was a bombshell for low cost high performance cars. The GT500 is definitely taking a massive hit before it has even hit lots.

The only reason you wouldn't get a C8 is if you needed back seats or have brand loyalty.

My worry is that Ford does not have a planned response. All I can see that can save them is reducing weight, hybrid drivetrain and potentially bringing Project Silver back from the grave (S550 based Mid-Engine Mustang circa 2014-2015).

I think the C8 is the reason that the Camaro is not being renewed.
From all the reading I have done, the Camaro is not dead, only postponed for the Gen7

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The C8 Corvette looks like it will take the GT500 in most every performance cate

With the C8 Corvette I think GM just made the GT500 slow and out of date.
0-60 may be better in the c8, but the 1/4 mile the GT500 has that car covered.

Why would Ford need a planned response to the C8? They do not make a cheap 2-seater sports car.
Mustangs are not in the same league as Corvettes anyways.

One things for sure, corvette prices plummet quick and Mustangs do not take a dive as quick.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I like the new C8. Although I'm not really sure about the row of buttons, they should have just put the buttons on the steering wheel. That and the passenger area looks more like extra storage space.
Sponsored