Sponsored

Hood struts...

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ok so the only ones i see for the GT350 are the REDLINE. Are there other i would love to use the FORD PERFORMANCE but i dont think they line up.. anyone...thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
VUDU CHILD

VUDU CHILD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Oh wow didnt know that the stickers can be removed. Thanks

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I also use Redline with the stickers pulled off ......... looks factory under the hood ........... ;-)

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Did not have to drill into my GT350 or the R ......... I used the same pair of shocks for both cars ......... still going strong.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
I have the Redline. You have to clip a bit of the plastic on the edge of the battery cover where it overlaps with the mounting point. Takes 30 seconds if you have beefy scissors or metal sheers. 9 months into ownership, and I actually forgot that I own the struts - they act and appear stock.

Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I will say you may want to notice Redline offers (3) different models : Quicklift, ...Plus, ...Elite. Zincplated hardware, BLK struts & hardware, S.S. struts & Blk hardware. I had Elite on my '16, now have same on my '18 w/9,000+ mi..Love them!!

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
I have the ford performance hood struts and they are extremely easy to install. you have to cut a hole in your battery cover for the passenger side hood strut but it comes with a guide so you really can't mess it up.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I have the ford performance hood struts and they are extremely easy to install. you have to cut a hole in your battery cover for the passenger side hood strut but it comes with a guide so you really can't mess it up.
If anyone knows otherwise please correct me (with part numbers/links) but I think Ford Performance versions are no longer offered for GT350/R's (only version for other models of MY'15-19 is M-16826-MA).

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Huge difference in hood shocks. Check the video on the Redline because on a model or all of them you have to drill into your car...just rubber but still. The MRT which I have requires no drilling. Taking that into account...for me...Redline is a bad idea.
Don’t be so dramatic dude, it’s a slot in the plastic battery cover. Not what most would refer to as “huge difference”

I will say you may want to notice Redline offers (3) different models : Quicklift, ...Plus, ...Elite. Zincplated hardware, BLK struts & hardware, S.S. struts & Blk hardware. I had Elite on my '16, now have same on my '18 w/9,000+ mi..Love them!!
The difference in those options is all appearance. The shock is the same on all of them.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Don’t be so dramatic dude, it’s a slot in the plastic battery cover. Not what most would refer to as “huge difference”

The difference in those options is all appearance. The shock is the same on all of them.
Yep, that's why I noted blk/zinc, blk/blk, OR S.S.w/blk hardware.
Sponsored