Sponsored

How to prevent hood strut from pinching window washer hose?

hailo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not sure where this post should be in, but..
I purchased the Ford Performance hood struts from American Muscle and having problems with it pinching the window washer fluid hose. How are you guys installing it without having this problem? Pictures would be helpful.
Sponsored

SoZen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SoZen
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
I purchased the Ford Performance hood struts from American Muscle and having problems with it pinching the window washer fluid hose. How are you guys installing it without having this problem? Pictures would be helpful.
I just installed these for hood struts and was wondering the same, not sure it's an issue but was thinking to use a zip tie to keep it away from the strut as best as possible?

Anyone solved this elegantly?

LOEzell

OldME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible
Not sure where this post should be in, but
I solved this problem on my 2018 GT vert. The only problem is I am old and don’t recall exactly what I did.

However, I opened the hood and carefully examined the routing of the windshield washer hose. The struts pinch the hose on the passenger’s side at the strut anchor located on the fender. I also looked at the routing of the washer hose on the engine side of the hood and pulled-out one of the black plastic clips (the one closest to the front end of car) that are right above the fender strut anchor, This allowed me to gently and slightly reroute the hose so it was no longer crimped between the strut anchor and the closed hood. I have had no hose crimping since and that was a year ago. My struts and windshield washer work fine.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Simple fix. Undo the plastic hose clamp near the pinch going back towards windshield. Pull slightly, then re-clamp. You won't get much, but you don't need much; just enough to form a wider curve where the pinch is and out towards edge of hood. Gently correct the pinch so the hose doesn't crack open.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Simple fix. Undo the plastic hose clamp near the pinch going back towards windshield. Pull slightly, then re-clamp. You won't get much, but you don't need much; just enough to form a wider curve where the pinch is and out towards edge of hood. Gently correct the pinch so the hose doesn't crack open.
E9946CFB-2E96-4D4B-9F46-1F5F1FD76BC9.jpeg

Sponsored

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Old thread, but because of another thread, I came across this post. For the 2018+ models, you are supposed to remove the clamp nearest the front of the hood and pull down the washer fluid line. The instructions were amended on the Ford Performance site. The pdf in the link below has the instructions:

You both may have gotten the installation instructions for the 15-17. That happened to me. I wish I was sent the correct one to begin with. Fortunately, I saw the problem sooner than later. I looked online on the Ford Performance site and the 18+ has additional instructions that says to move the washer fluid line.

Scroll down to the last 2 pages in the below pdf link:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/FORDINSTSHTM-16826-MA_3RD.PDF

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
The instructions were amended on the Ford Performance site. The pdf in the link below has the instructions:
Yes, it's true.
Unfortunately this amendment came to late for my window washer fluid hose.
I have to order new hose consequently... :frown:

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I should probably replace my washer hose, didn't know about the problem until it was too late. Washers still work, but I'm concerned about the hose after it got crushed. Has anyone replaced it, and if so, how difficult of a task is it? Are there any pics or videos showing how to?

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
I should probably replace my washer hose, didn't know about the problem until it was too late. Washers still work, but I'm concerned about the hose after it got crushed. Has anyone replaced it, and if so, how difficult of a task is it? Are there any pics or videos showing how to?
Mine was replaced by dealer's workshop so I don't know the procedure.
What I know is that I had to pay for the new hose and 20€ for the work.
But it doesn't look to complicated to replace it yourself.

Sponsored

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
This is a 20 minute mod. I figured out the hose issue pretty quickly and came up with the same fix that they had. Not rocket science. This is a VERY good mod for me. I absolutely hate the hood stand rod. For what we pay for these cars the 100 dollar struts should be standard. Regardless, I love them and glad I did it.

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
This is a 20 minute mod. I figured out the hose issue pretty quickly and came up with the same fix that they had. Not rocket science. This is a VERY good mod for me. I absolutely hate the hood stand rod. For what we pay for these cars the 100 dollar struts should be standard. Regardless, I love them and glad I did it.
I think most people figured it out pretty quickly. Some were just not sure on the best way to set it. You can move that hose quite a few ways and you can't blame people for wanting to be sure. But then you have some insecure folks that have to announce they would have figured it out before it ever became an issue because they are vErY sMaRt. There's a Reddit thread dedicated for those folks. But the hood strut is such a simple and awesome mod. I'm glad I got a set.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Resurecting this, I got my car out of winter storage and discovered my hose is completely crushed.
Has anyone replaced theirs?
I'm going to do that myself but want to make sure I don't break anything.
I'm guessing the hood heat insulation has to be removed of course.
What about the other end of the hose?

Edit, found a youtube video that explains it well!
Sponsored

Last edited: